Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
That is what I thought, it almost makes no sense to me to go with FP with my mileage. I still want a conservative tune though
Either the FP or the Rousch tunes are your best bet if you want some more performance without sacrificing engine durability and longevity. Both of these tunes are warranted (they may, in fact, be the same tune), so I think it's safe to assume they are a good balance of performance and safety.
Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Even if you are past the millage on your mustang there is something about a warranty that goes a long way with a tune. They back their product up with a promise. Not many tuners can do that.

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just re-installed my tune after going back to stock for a visit to the dealer. There is a new version of ProCal available which has data logging and analysis! I'm going to take that for a spin today.

Oh, and after having been tuned and going back to stock it feels like driving a truck. Can't wait to go for a spin today!

Datalux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost, Premium, Auto, PP
Just re-installed my tune after going back to stock for a visit to the dealer. There is a new version of ProCal available which has data logging and analysis! I'm going to take that for a spin today.

Oh, and after having been tuned and going back to stock it feels like driving a truck. Can't wait to go for a spin today!
If I understand correctly, the ProCal software that comes with the tune (that is put on a laptop) can be used to log and analyze just like a Cobb or similar device and does not require any additional hardware? I just ordered the the kit from Summit and I'm curious about additional functionality. Does anyone have any screen shots of the user interface?

JeffPeoples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Does the dongle stay connected to the OBD2 port?

I had the Ford Performance tune/CAI kit installed by our Ford dealer on my daughter's 2017 Ecoboost Mustang. They left the dongle in the OBD2 port. Can This be removed? Should this be removed?
The car runs better than stock, and is not giving us any problems.

Sponsored

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That dongle is yours to keep, but yes it should be removed.

You should also have a copy of the stock map in case you need to restore it at any point.

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If I understand correctly, the ProCal software that comes with the tune (that is put on a laptop) can be used to log and analyze just like a Cobb or similar device and does not require any additional hardware? I just ordered the the kit from Summit and I'm curious about additional functionality. Does anyone have any screen shots of the user interface?
Attached a screenshot. Unfortunately it doesn't really come alive unless it is connected to the car.

The Record and Analyse tabs are new, and the update is only about a week old. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet.
ProCal.PNG

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Anyone able to download a tune? I see the new software, but when I attempt to download a tune it says "unable to download - filesize=0".

Maybe there is not a tune with this version????

The new tabs did nothing for me... and the instructions did not cover them. I did not play long though, maybe 30 seconds in each new tab.. more interested in downloading a new tune.

Should have used this opportunity to flash back to the first tune... rats...

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I just downloaded the tune I had on file. Didn't think to try downloading a new one to see if there has been a revision.

How do we tell what rev the tune we have loaded is?

ewitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB PP SB
Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy the ProCal tune now?

Prices in Canada are crazy and I would rather just have it shipped to my brother in 'Bama.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sponsored

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
Anyone able to download a tune? I see the new software, but when I attempt to download a tune it says "unable to download - filesize=0".

Maybe there is not a tune with this version????

The new tabs did nothing for me... and the instructions did not cover them. I did not play long though, maybe 30 seconds in each new tab.. more interested in downloading a new tune.

Should have used this opportunity to flash back to the first tune... rats...
There is not a new tune with the new version of procal3. It was just a procal3 update, which was done to support new/different vehicles and packs.

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

sharp21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I got quoted by a Ford Dealership $375 to install it :lol:
Find a friendly tech to write you a receipt then install it yourself. Don't even bother with the intake. Sell that to get some money back and either get an air raid, or some other intake that you like.

Like a color matched MMR!
IMG_0004.png

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
I had the Ford Performance tune/CAI kit installed by our Ford dealer on my daughter's 2017 Ecoboost Mustang. They left the dongle in the OBD2 port. Can This be removed? Should this be removed?
The car runs better than stock, and is not giving us any problems.
How much did you pay the dealer to install it?
Sponsored