Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I know they couldn't do it fully because of transferring over the HVAC controls, but it'd be nice if the brushed look was carried on throughout the whole thing instead of just surrounding the top.
Sponsored

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
With some more time using the 10.2” system I can say I am really happy with it! Unit connects to my phone rather quickly after starting the car. I simply click the Bluetooth icon on the home screen, then the music symbol at the bottom center and pandora will start playing from my phone. Incoming/outgoing calls seem to be just fine over Bluetooth also. Looks sooooooo much better in the dash too. Great upgrade!!

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the bluetooth connection is it reading track info?

Have you tried Carwebguru?
http://carwebguru.com/how-to-change-theme-in-android-car-head-unit/

Does the backup camera retain the trajectory markers? (The ones that move with the steering wheel)

Any blatant broken English text?

With some more time using the 10.2” system I can say I am really happy with it! Unit connects to my phone rather quickly after starting the car. I simply click the Bluetooth icon on the home screen, then the music symbol at the bottom center and pandora will start playing from my phone. Incoming/outgoing calls seem to be just fine over Bluetooth also. Looks sooooooo much better in the dash too. Great upgrade!!

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
With the bluetooth connection is it reading track info?

Have you tried Carwebguru?
http://carwebguru.com/how-to-change-theme-in-android-car-head-unit/

Does the backup camera retain the trajectory markers? (The ones that move with the steering wheel)

Any blatant broken English text?
No it’s not displaying track info on the screen, but I don’t mind.

No I haven’t tried or heard of that link, but I will check it out for sure.

Yes the trajectory markers are the same as factory and move when the wheel turns. The backup view is incredible on the 10” screen lol.

Nothing I’ve seen. All radio stations read the content correctly in English words. Temp display is in celcuis tho.

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
In for info on this since the 8" is a bust. No longer coming to market.

Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can find one on eBay this might be of interest. There is a 20 percent off until tonight sometime.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just picked up one from the same seller you got yours from I think.
Used the 20% off coupon ebay was running.

Where did you mount your MIC?

No it’s not displaying track info on the screen, but I don’t mind.

No I haven’t tried or heard of that link, but I will check it out for sure.

Yes the trajectory markers are the same as factory and move when the wheel turns. The backup view is incredible on the 10” screen lol.

Nothing I’ve seen. All radio stations read the content correctly in English words. Temp display is in celcuis tho.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely recommend giving CarWebGuru a shot, I love it on my head unit and you can customize it somewhat easily.

If you jump real quick on it, you could get this for ~$440 right now with the eBay coupon that is expiring soon.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
I just picked up one from the same seller you got yours from I think.
Used the 20% off coupon ebay was running.

Where did you mount your MIC?
Nice! Good timing on the eBay 20% sale. I ran it through the dash and out towards the steering column so it’s where the little slits under the dash trim on the drive side are. I’ll post a pic later

Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got mine today. Looking at all the connections it seems like there are lots of extra. Anyone know what the purple one is coming off the inside of the Canbus decoder? What is Radar in? Seems to be a lot of options for additional features. Ive not tore into the car yet. What about that ground harness? I used google translate and it looks like some kind of button light?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Definitely recommend giving CarWebGuru a shot, I love it on my head unit and you can customize it somewhat easily.

If you jump real quick on it, you could get this for ~$440 right now with the eBay coupon that is expiring soon.
thats the 1gb unit not the 2

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the eBay coupon I got the 2gb for about 430 shipped. I had already asked about an upgrade with a seller message and they were offering a free upgrade. They then updated the listing to 2GB. That one is a different seller.

thats the 1gb unit not the 2

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
With the eBay coupon I got the 2gb for about 430 shipped. I had already asked about an upgrade with a seller message and they were offering a free upgrade. They then updated the listing to 2GB. That one is a different seller.
Gotcha I have the 1gb but id not recommend it if you could get 2

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I started disassembly and noticed this panel. I had never payed attention to it. Has some kind of sensor module in there with a rubber retention strap. I tried to google it. Some other Fords seem to have the same deal and it is the temperature sensor apparently. Does your voice pick up from that location?

Nice! Good timing on the eBay 20% sale. I ran it through the dash and out towards the steering column so it’s where the little slits under the dash trim on the drive side are. I’ll post a pic later
Sponsored