HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
For the record, we provide a full 12mths warranty on all our products (and potentially beyond depending on the problem). We take great pride in always striving to maintain customer satisfaction and will do our best to resolve any issues.
How do you determine "beyond"? I have a chrome/white from the very first batch from a pre-order in June 2016 that I have not installed yet. If the first batches are more prone to peeling, I don't want to install it if there isn't an extended warranty for this known manufacturing problem or if the problem is likely in the first batch. If no extended warranty, I'll sell it to someone who isn't worried.
Sponsored

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
[MENTION=15775]Xlume[/MENTION]
Do U guys ship to Denmark?
The Red GT badge would do wonders for my decklid instead of the awful faux gas cap one we got here in Europe.

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
Being a potential future customer, I applaud your customer service, quick responses, warranty and putting the customer first and foremost.

The only questions I have:

1) If the product has been manufactured by now (3) different suppliers, were those products (now known as defective units) removed from the supply chain and stock or is it likely customers could receive a defective unit without the knowledge of it *possibly* being defective, until it delaminates?

It's only the plating process that has been revised, but yes, any remaining from those batches have been discarded and wont be shipped out to customers.

2) This question may ride on the answer of #1 above, but if the product is now being manufactured for you by another supplier, does it have revised part numbers so that you know you’ve packaged the most recent revision for resale (and maybe so the consumer knows they are getting the most recent revision)?

We dont use part numbers as such, but we have batch references. As each new batch is received it is recorded so we know what is being shipped.

3) Extensive testing is ...? The units for the front grille would suffer the most abuse (weather, road debris, bug impacts, etc), is the testing process like using a power washer or something similar to a small sand blaster to induce similar wear/tear conditions experienced by the part on a daily driver?

As we are based in Sydney Australia we get a great variation in climate. The badges are exposed to all weather extremes to test the durability of each batch. We dont use a sand blaster, and given that the oem badge will also be subjected to daily drive conditions we fully expect our badges to maintain thier appearance as would the oem unit.

Great company and product - been following all of the positive threads and comments for some time now. The part is definitely reminiscent of the original illuminated Pony & Corral offered in the 60’s. :)
Thank you. We certainly appreciate peoples comments, good and bad. If we dont listen to the customer we never improve. One of the biggest objectives was for it to look oem when not lit up and we believe we have done it better than anyone else.

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
How do you determine "beyond"? I have a chrome/white from the very first batch from a pre-order in June 2016 that I have not installed yet. If the first batches are more prone to peeling, I don't want to install it if there isn't an extended warranty for this known manufacturing problem or if the problem is likely in the first batch. If no extended warranty, I'll sell it to someone who isn't worried.
We do not have an extended warranty, such a warranty is normally paid for by the customer. We have a 12mth standard warranty. This is determined, as by just about any company, from the date of delivery to the customer. Given that you have had your badge for such a long time and not installed it i'm not sure how you would expect us to warrant it. May i ask why you havent fitted it yet? We have approx 200 badges from the first batch and only a handful have failed.

'Beyond" is determined on a case by case basis. To date we have not rejected any warranty claim, even with a couple of customers who were shall we say arrogant about it. Customer service is what differentiates one company from another, and we pride our selves on always doing what is best for the customer.

Now, having said all that, if "some time" in the future you do happen to have an issue with your badge, all you need to do is contact us via email explaining the problem, and perhaps reference this post, and we will do our best to resolve it for you.

I trust this puts your mind at ease about it all.

Rob @ X-lume

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
[MENTION=15775]Xlume[/MENTION]
Do U guys ship to Denmark?
The Red GT badge would do wonders for my decklid instead of the awful faux gas cap one we got here in Europe.
We ship anywhere in the world :)

Now, as you have the faux gas cap (like we do in Australia) you would need to purchase the complete decklid kit as the GT badge wont cover up all the oem holes left behind when you remove the faux filler emblem.

Please check out www.x-lume.com

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
+1 for dual intensity GT emblem!
This should not be too hard using a resistor and a diode. Or even a series of diodes. .7volt drop per diode, wire with one diode to the brake lights, and maybe (guessing) 6 diodes in series to the parking lights, both wired to the positive input to the emblem. Or a couple diodes and a resistor. Just have to play around a little with it.

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
This should not be too hard using a resistor and a diode. Or even a series of diodes. .7volt drop per diode, wire with one diode to the brake lights, and maybe (guessing) 6 diodes in series to the parking lights, both wired to the positive input to the emblem. Or a couple diodes and a resistor. Just have to play around a little with it.
It may work, but for the record we wont warrant any badge that has been tampered with. Our LED boards are made to operate a specific way.

We are quietly working on a switchback but its not a high priority right now.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It may work, but for the record we wont warrant any badge that has been tampered with. Our LED boards are made to operate a specific way.

We are quietly working on a switchback but its not a high priority right now.
It would work great, and has nothing to do with the pony badge. All the circuitry would be where you hook it up to the car.

Reduced voltage (diode isolated) for parking lights, and full for brake lights.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It would work great, and has nothing to do with the pony badge. All the circuitry would be where you hook it up to the car.

I thought some LEDs require a fixed voltage and dimming (if possible) is accomplished by other means. The way it was explained to me long ago (which is why I'm not swearing to this) is that the circuits all LEDs use (even non-dimmable ones) may not be designed to work with varying voltage.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought some LEDs require a fixed voltage and dimming (if possible) is accomplished by other means. The way it was explained to me long ago (which is why I'm not swearing to this) is that the circuits all LEDs use (even non-dimmable ones) may not be designed to work with varying voltage.
Indeed. It may take some playing around with what voltage level works to get the required output. It may not work. It won't hurt anything trying. If it is a typical LED setup it would be 3 LED's in series, with a current limiting resistor. I'm betting that is the case. BUT: It is possible they made an active current limiting circuit with an IC, and that would likely not work. You can undervolt by putting it on a bench power supply and starting at 14.4 volts, and slowly turn down the voltage and see what happens.
When you talk about non-dimmable LED's, the discussion is centered around AC powered lighting like that in your home. Those have an integral (usually PWM) power supply that takes the AC, converts to DC, and run it through a steady state current limiting circuit. Some cool tear downs of those can be seen here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqp2_p4YjtaTKiHuNZv0mAQ

Sponsored
OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
Indeed. It may take some playing around with what voltage level works to get the required output. It may not work. It won't hurt anything trying. If it is a typical LED setup it would be 3 LED's in series, with a current limiting resistor. I'm betting that is the case.
That is indeed the style we use for single colour boards. Again, to be clear and upfront with customers, we wont warrant a badge if it fails due to tampering with voltage, AND we certainly DO NOT warrant any problems that MAY occur with your vehicles wiring.

What is said by others here is not endorsed by X-lume, you make any changes at your own risk.

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
The other concern we have for tail/brake light applications is that the driver behind you may be too focused on the badge lighting up when you hit the brakes, and he/she doesnt pay attention to the fact your actually stopping lol, hence why we only "recommend" you connect to tail lights that are on all the time at night.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I have a chrome/white from the very first batch from a pre-order in June 2016 that I have not installed yet.
I'm in the exact same boat and considering chances are that the chrome plating on mine will fail in the exact same way I probably never will. If it's so clear that there are production errors with the first badges then imho they should have all been replaced by default.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.