Sponsored

Restore FX...?

MustangNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 cobra
Has anyone had the applied to their stang yet?? My car is about 3 years old and I'm getting some serious road rash on the front clip from commuting on the highway. No major chips just millions on tiny ones lol

And no I do not have a clear bra ( I was stupid)

Open to any and all suggestions

http://http://www.restorfx.com/
Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I have. And I have seen it used. It will not do anything to cover the chips. The shop I saw it demonstrated in, still had to feather deep scratches and blow some base coat paint on before applying this product. They were doing a lot of used car lot stuff. It looked good in the end.

OP
OP

MustangNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 cobra
Ya I'm still a bit skeptical....

I love how the ads show lambos and all these other high end cars lol

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
For something that they claim is so amazing there are very few customer reviews to be found on the internet, or anywhere.

With that said, there is a place near me that does the restore FX. The go over the whole car with a random orbital first with a wet sanding pad to knock down the original clear and make the surface uniform for application.

Before this and after this the car is given a full degrease / IPA wipe down. Then they just wipe on the restorFX over the entire car surface. It's basically a self leveling wipe on clear coat and the porsche that I had seen them do looked brand new, I really was blown away.

I'm still on the fence about getting it done, I need to see a few more before and afters. Once it gets warmer I'm going to check it out and make my final decision.

Ill post before and afters here if I do.
Sponsored