2017 Magnetic V6, 1968 White 5.0

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Update?

Mine just came in and has not been installed yet.
Work interfered. Waiting on an opening for next week. Will post up as soon as I'm able to get on the dyno.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Just upgraded my throttle body and I actually really like it. Read everywhere that it doesn't really do anything but thats not true. It was pretty hard to make my car chirp the tires but after the install, my tires basically chirp everywhere. It reduced that delay that this car has that everyone hates and gave it a nice boost in the lower RPM range. Even made the car idle a bit louder. Over all, I'm happy with this purchase.

148h1k.jpg

sz7503.jpg
Hay !!

mate if your ditching it in the trash I'll pay for shipping too get from you ,and some change on top.. I would like too try on my svo ,and they say v6 is little bigger..

One more ? does you drive side engine block go lean because of the longer intake runers than passenger side
Just a thought.

Thank you sir..

Austin552

Long member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic V6, 1968 White 5.0
Mine came in Sat. and I got it installed. Giggs says give it 100 miles for the computer to learn it. Did a 0-60 in 6 secs but spun tires loosing traction.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine in yesterday too and got it installed today in about 20 minutes all together. Made another thread for it too just so nobody gets confused about which one we're talking about here.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Hey you guys, does the 80mm stock GT TB fit your intakes?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=25075]WhiteyDog[/MENTION] there's a few posts about it in the other thread, seems like a no, at least not without some kind of coupler added in. Tubing isn't big enough.

revtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Hey you guys, does the 80mm stock GT TB fit your intakes?
I have one sitting in my parts pile. Seemed like a lot of work to get it to fit so I just went with the BBK.

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic V6
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't put on the tune yet, I just have it and the tuner bought. I'm thinking I'll hold off on flashing until I get closer to the end of my regular warranty because I did purchase an extended warranty when I bought the car and don't want that to be a complete waste.

At least with the throttle body it should be an easy swap out if something goes wrong and I can take it to the dealership.
Depending on how your car reacts I would recommend a tune sooner than later, i did CAI and basically cat back. With running 93 all the time my car got to the point of dumping atleast 150lbft of torque on me even when trying to feather the gas. Went with a MPT PRX-Econ tune so that at WOT it flies and with minimal throttle it crawls like a normal car would and its been perfect since.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on how your car reacts I would recommend a tune sooner than later, i did CAI and basically cat back. With running 93 all the time my car got to the point of dumping atleast 150lbft of torque on me even when trying to feather the gas. Went with a MPT PRX-Econ tune so that at WOT it flies and with minimal throttle it crawls like a normal car would and its been perfect since.
Yeah, not really sure what was going on with your car. The bigger throttle body doesn't do that (and a CAI and catback definitely don't), just makes it slightly more responsive as you modulate the pedal. With a PedalMax I can kinda see something like that happening, but again, not from feathering the gas.
Sponsored