Sponsored

2018 Gt premium pricing

Jm22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S90
I'm about to place an order from the factory.

GT Premium
Ruby red
401a
Smart and Safe Package
Active exhaust
Automatic
Performance package
Magneride
Shaker Pro
Enhanced security

Pretty much every package except carbon package.

I was quoted on the road costs (tax @ 7.38 ,tag, title, processing, etc.) of $49,500. I had X-plan and USAA and shopped it a little. The MSRP is about $53,500 and tax would be another $4000. So I'm at $8,000 off. Is this the best I can probably get? Should I try to squeeze any more?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Since I have bought many, many cars from dealerships both new and used, I have come up with a system on new cars that works the best for me. Here is my advice. Know EXACTLY the options you want. So, you know all dealerships will have the same MSRP. Color, etc. Then contact 5 dealerships or so with fairly good reviews, tell them exactly what you want. Then tell each dealer that the one with the lowest price is the one you will go with. Playing one dealership off another up front is often offensive and feels cheap to the salesman. This way each contact is 10 minutes. Sometimes a dealer will contact you later and OFFER a lower price to get the deal once you have picked the cheaper price.
Here’s another “trick”...

If you have a vehicle that will be used as a trade-in, do NOT let it be known until the Dealer gives you their absolute “best” walk-out-the-door price... AFTER you get that number in writing on paper (or verbally if SITTING at Dealer), THEN spring it on them that they now have to give you $$$ for a trade which will reduce their “final” number even lower.

Yes it works.

I did the exact tactics that GreenS550 discusses as well as the “oh, whoops, BTW, I have a trade-in”... and let me just say that the New Car Manager and Salesman were not in the least bit pleased AFTER I got their final “we can’t go any lower” number....

It’s a game, if you can play it, you’ll come out on top. :thumbsup:

The same is true for not revealing that you have (insert whatever Alpha Plan here) - if haggling and you can get them lower than the Alpha Plan, then you’ve already scored.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I'm about to place an order from the factory.

GT Premium
Ruby red
401a
Smart and Safe Package
Active exhaust
Automatic
Performance package
Magneride
Shaker Pro
Enhanced security

Pretty much every package except carbon package.

I was quoted on the road costs (tax @ 7.38 ,tag, title, processing, etc.) of $49,500. I had X-plan and USAA and shopped it a little. The MSRP is about $53,500 and tax would be another $4000. So I'm at $8,000 off. Is this the best I can probably get? Should I try to squeeze any more?
Do you mind sharing the name of the dealer where you placed this order from?

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Koons Ford of Baltimore
Kirby Beccio
[email protected]
443-547-1860

I asked him for his permission to post this first.
Might be a coincidence but he is the SAME guy who placed my order from Koon's Ford ! :cheers:

Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
That’s pretty much what I did with my order. I emailed all my local dealers and said I’m buying a gt with these specific options and I’m shopping for a dealer. I got 4 replies. I only communicated in email, and the low price won (x plan + current incentives at delivery). This was back in September.
That was my method too. I picked the 3 highest rated nearby dealers and emailed a sales guy. Since I was ordering, I specced it out on the ford website & sent them a PDF (somehow one of them still messed it up of course). Went back & forth a little, and they were all aware. Only one didn't really come down. I ended up about $1500 under x-plan before any rebates ($4500 under MSRP).

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Here’s another “trick”...

If you have a vehicle that will be used as a trade-in, do NOT let it be known until the Dealer gives you their absolute “best” walk-out-the-door price... AFTER you get that number in writing on paper ... THEN spring it on them that they now have to give you $$$ for a trade which will reduce their “final” number even lower.

Yes it works.
All they have to do is stick with a low ball trade-in number if they want to maintain the same profit level.

They'll keep you there for hours debating trade values and why your car is not worth what you want.

I'd say it rarely works.

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
I shopped 5 dealers, I took my trade with me. I told each that I was going to shop every dealer around. All I want to know is the $$ difference between the two cars. The best deal was $1300 better than 2 place and over 3K less than 4th & 5th place. Sometimes they will put more into your trade if they know they have to. This makes it so easy. If they give you a BS offer just smile and go to the next. I never tell a dealer what the other offered.
Lee

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Shopping 1/2 dozen dealers doesn't work if only one dealer has the car you want.

And if they're not willing to give me a fair deal, I just thank them, leave, and forget about the whole thing altogether.

Peace of mind.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
All they have to do is stick with a low ball trade-in number if they want to maintain the same profit level.

They'll keep you there for hours debating trade values and why your car is not worth what you want.

I'd say it rarely works.
Right.
Dealership trade rule:
Their car: Awesome!
Your car: Shit.

Sponsored

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, PP1, Royal Crimson. 2020 Exp ST
I'm currently negotiating with my local dealer for a Crimson Gt Premium, 401A, Active Exhaust, Shaker, PP1, Msrp is 49,970 he is down to 44,970. My trade is a 15 GT Premium, non PP, they are at 24,000 for that. According to most of the numbers that on the low end of the trade value.

Adding the Performance pack pops the car almost out of my payment budget, so I'd like to see about getting a bit more off.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
I can't think of a dealer within a 50 mile radius of where I live me who wouldn't laugh you out of their business and never call you back for even suggesting a deal like that.

Take the offer, now ...

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't think of a dealer within a 50 mile radius of where I live me who wouldn't laugh you out of their business and never call you back for even suggesting a deal like that.

Take the offer, now ...
lol, these guys are cool, they won't laugh too much:lol:. I've bought two trucks for work and my last two Mustangs there. I really want the PP1 instead of one without it, we are only 3k difference between the one with and the one without, just be nice if they would come up a bit on the trade.

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: Picking the car up later:headbang:

They ended up putting another grand onto my 15 trade making it $25k and coming down a bit more on the price of the car. Wont know the actual total till later on.
Sponsored