Sponsored

GT350 Best Color for DD and other potential owner questions

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Hi! I used to have a Kenne Bell 15GT Premium auto. Sold it in september of last year after i ran into some financial trouble. I have since gotten a raise at work and im doing much better financially.

Im in the market for a 17 GT350! i live in a duplex with a carport but i dont have a garage. i can wash my car weekly no problem but my 15 was silver and it was super easy to take care of. ive had a black car before and i know i want to stay away from that color. ive looked at white with black roof and i think i like it but im just not sure. anyone else have an opinion on a color that might be easier to take care of? i like the blues and the grays but not so much the reds and blacks.

Also prices are all over the place in texas. I found one Electronics pack white/black roof for sale for $53k (4k miles on it) but a dealership 10 mins from that one has a 17 Convenience package white/blue stripes for $58500 and they wont budge on the price. CRAZY!

i have sat in the recaro seats at a dealer close to me and i dont fit in them. I sit on the bottom bolsters and the side bolsters dig into me. (im what you call fluffy) My Premium seats in my 15 fit great. I have heard you can swap powered seats from a 15-17 in but the heated/cooled function wont work. no biggie. will the seat movements and power lumbar still work?

what should i look for to see if a car has been rode hard and put up wet? Am i crazy for wanting to swap the seats out in an electronics pkg car?

thank you for your time.
Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The seats on my electronics package are manual, so I imagine the power won't work on them.

I would be looking for a convenience package. If I didn't have white I would be all over blue.

OP
OP
Phoenix

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The seats on my electronics package are manual, so I imagine the power won't work on them.

I would be looking for a convenience package. If I didn't have white I would be all over blue.
ive heard the wiring is still under the seats for the power seats though.

EDIT: friend with an R says it isnt there. damn.

which blue? lightning or grabber?

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Why not avalanche? I love that and lead foot gray. Wouldn’t turn down a white with black roof either, my black car sucks to keep clean and i won’t buy one again.

There are enough of these for sale i’d Think you could find you a 17 and up with the convenience seats, and not have to swap anything out...but they did only come with recaros for a while in 17 so i understand there are less of them

Edit:I also think you can do better on price

OP
OP
Phoenix

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why not avalanche? I love that and lead foot gray. Wouldn’t turn down a white with black roof either, my black car sucks to keep clean and i won’t buy one again.

There are enough of these for sale i’d Think you could find you a 17 and up with the convenience seats, and not have to swap anything out...but they did only come with recaros for a while in 17 so i understand there are less of them

Edit:I also think you can do better on price
i wanted avalanche for awhile but the color just doesnt speak to as much as white does. i with the 350 came in silver as the last two vehicles ive owned have been silver and i always got compliments on the cars because of their color.

i think so too. i knew the convenience package was more limited than the recaros but didnt know that they only came with them for awhile.

yeah a dealer has a 16 in the combo i want with only 9k miles but.....its a 16. ive been told to STAY AWAY from non-track 16s.

yeah i think i can do better on price. im hoping im not expecting too much though.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i wanted avalanche for awhile but the color just doesnt speak to as much as white does. i with the 350 came in silver as the last two vehicles ive owned have been silver and i always got compliments on the cars because of their color.

i think so too. i knew the convenience package was more limited than the recaros but didnt know that they only came with them for awhile.

yeah a dealer has a 16 in the combo i want with only 9k miles but.....its a 16. ive been told to STAY AWAY from non-track 16s.

yeah i think i can do better on price. im hoping im not expecting too much though.

I hear ya, avalanche seems love or hate with most, can’t go wrong with white though.

I have dreams of tracking mine, buuut then i wake up where i actually live and it ain’t near any track lol. So a 16 would do me just fine if i wanted those seats.

I’d be checking cars.com, autotrader, and the facebook group or some better deals...and get exactly what you want:cheers:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350 | 1966 A-Code fastback
I've been DD'ing my 2016 tech package and taken it to the canyons and gotten on it pretty hard for a few months now. And haven't had any issues other than the A/C evaporator. I have a different car for the track, if you truly want a DD. I think a 16' is a steal. just my $.02

OP
OP
Phoenix

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been DD'ing my 2016 tech package and taken it to the canyons and gotten on it pretty hard for a few months now. And haven't had any issues other than the A/C evaporator. I have a different car for the track, if you truly want a DD. I think a 16' is a steal. just my $.02
how hot does it get where you are? ive been told two different things around here. that a 2016 tech is fine and that they will overheat even in traffic.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I love silver but I've learned I should avoid all silver's and grays as just about every one we have ever owned seemed to blend in with the street pavement color and was invisible to other motorists. My wife has been front ended and rear ended in silver/gray cars several times and none were her fault. I nearly got killed in my 2008 gray Mustang GT when a lady coming the opposite direction made a left turn directly into the nose of my car - claimed she didn't see me. Never thought I would own a red car like my GT350 but at least rolling down the road I know other drivers see me.

If you disagree with me just chalk it up to I'm old and tired of our cars being run over.

OP
OP
Phoenix

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
like i said i have been told to stay away from the 2016 tech due to not having the diff and oil coolers.

however....there is a 16 tech in the EXACT color combo i want and i can definitely afford it. and its literally on the way home as i go friday to help my friend pick up his 18 1SS 1LE.

my car is a DD 99% of the time and i dont trust myself enough to go flat out around corners and such around here. not many of them anyways like there would be at a track.:frusty::frusty:

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350 | 1966 A-Code fastback
how hot does it get where you are? ive been told two different things around here. that a 2016 tech is fine and that they will overheat even in traffic.
I live in Los Angeles so it's usually fairly moderate but we had a heatwave recently of 100* and the car was fine. Not a single fluid temp budged. And that included crawling on the 405 for 2 hours to get over to the valley. Had the AC cranked and was using both seat coolers. It also gets fairly hot out in the canyons where I like to drive and haven't had any issues there either. I think the issues people are having are on the track where you are running at 8/10 for sustained periods. For us canyon carvers its more like 12-15 minutes then chill because of conditions and then repeat.

OP
OP
Phoenix

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live in Los Angeles so it's usually fairly moderate but we had a heatwave recently of 100* and the car was fine. Not a single fluid temp budged. And that included crawling on the 405 for 2 hours to get over to the valley. Had the AC cranked and was using both seat coolers. It also gets fairly hot out in the canyons where I like to drive and haven't had any issues there either. I think the issues people are having are on the track where you are running at 8/10 for sustained periods. For us canyon carvers its more like 12-15 minutes then chill because of conditions and then repeat.
thats my thinking as well. id have a similar situation without the traffic (yeesh the 405! ive heard stories)

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Lightning Blue with White Stripes is the only way to ride. LB really pops when the sun hits her

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
I think the two best colors are the Avalanche with White stripes and the Grabber Blue.
Sponsored