Sponsored

Mustang colors

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Really? There are 14 color choices for 2019, I can't think of any other car that has that many.

Three Blues
Three Reds
Two Greens
Silver
Black
Yellow
Orange
White
Grey
Still doesn't hold a candle to the original: https://classicmustang.com/images/65-mustang-exterior-colors.jpg

Most of these were product-line wide colors (as was typical of Ford at the time, and is still somewhat typical today). :)

P.S. Wish we got even half of the interior color choices: https://classicmustang.com/images/65-mustang-interior-colors.jpg

I'd be happy if they offered tan as an interior option on all surfaces, not just leather seats...

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I'd like to see an S550 in bright metallic purple, maybe with white stripes. Don't think I'd want one of my own, I love my LB, but I'd like to see it.
A couple of Purple's from our beloved Australian Falcons....

Phantom Purple
BA_FPV_GT_WITH_OPTIONAL_STRIPE_PACK.jpg

Vibe
BF_MK_II_FALCON_XR_-_VIBE.jpg

Menace.
BF_FPV_GT-P_SHOWN_IN_MENANCE.jpg

Viper.
2010_FPV_FG_GS_UTE.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see Mustang in Hot Pepper Red

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
A couple of Purple's from our beloved Australian Falcons....

I love Falcons, I was wondering how if they rebadged the Mustang as Falcon GT Coupe for sale in Australia.. kinda a homage to the XB GT Coupe of the 70s... but it seems that a S197 fits it better, because the S550 is more sport than muscle in size and appearance though.

But might look odd with "Ford" placements instead of Mustang. Could put the red GT badge on a side grill like the GT/CS instead of pony?

But I am sure it might make some upset? because the Aussie Falcon was made with pride in Australia not some Ford import.

The Purple Falcons with the side orange stripes in the sun always made me think of Peanut Butter and Jelly.... in a good way

2003-2004_fpv_gt_ba.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I love Falcons, I was wondering how if they rebadged the Mustang as Falcon GT Coupe for sale in Australia.. kinda a homage to the XB GT Coupe of the 70s... but it seems that a S197 fits it better, because the S550 is more sport than muscle in size and appearance though.

But might look odd with "Ford" placements instead of Mustang. Could put the red GT badge on a side grill like the GT/CS instead of pony?

But I am sure it might make some upset? because the Aussie Falcon was made with pride in Australia not some Ford import.

The Purple Falcons with the side orange stripes in the sun always made me think of Peanut Butter and Jelly.... in a good way
Ford have had no trouble selling Mustang's in Australia. In fact they massively under estimated how popular they were going to be. Waiting times of up to 12 months were the norm initially.

Re-badging them as Falcon would have gone down like a lead balloon. In fact GM re-branding a non RWD sedan as a Holden Commodore has garnered massive hate from the car enthusiast community in Australia.

Bizarrely, there is also a bit of hate from Ford guys who see the Mustang as an unwanted foreigner that helped kill the Falcon. This is something I really struggle to understand to be honest.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I'd like to see an S550 in bright metallic purple, maybe with white stripes. Don't think I'd want one of my own, I love my LB, but I'd like to see it.
As seen at the American Muscle show: He took DIB and metal-flaked it. I would love a Plum Crazy Purple version!
Mustang-14.jpg
Mustang-33.jpg

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
For the price of the car, the mustang has one of the largest selections of colors. Dodge is good for choice with their cars too. Camaro doesn't have any variety at all, but who would want to drive a "camero" anyway?

I'm going to have paid off my car in the next year or so, a Need for Green GT is at the top of my dream list. Either 2019 or wait for 2020 if they still have the color. From what I've seen it looks great. Orange Fury and lightning/kona blue are also great. Can't really go wrong with any color on this car.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I liked the gold that was offered in 2010. Apparently I was the only one that did too.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Ford have had no trouble selling Mustang's in Australia. In fact they massively under estimated how popular they were going to be. Waiting times of up to 12 months were the norm initially.

Re-badging them as Falcon would have gone down like a lead balloon. In fact GM re-branding a non RWD sedan as a Holden Commodore has garnered massive hate from the car enthusiast community in Australia.

Bizarrely, there is also a bit of hate from Ford guys who see the Mustang as an unwanted foreigner that helped kill the Falcon. This is something I really struggle to understand to be honest.

Australia has not made or sold any Falcon coupe in years though.

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I liked the gold that was offered in 2010. Apparently I was the only one that did too.
I loved the gold on the 2010 Mustang it looked the best on the convertible. I have a diecast 2010 Mustang Convertible in gold. :thumbsup:

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Should have kept Royal crimson it's an insane color ! So glad I grabbed one with PP and active exhaust

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
So any reason why grabber blue was dropped? Guessing not a popular color? In my city of 800000.. I have the only Grabber Blue GT in town. The only other one is a ecoboom.
Sponsored