Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Mine does, and I do. ;)
Fair enough . . . I guess some people need/want far less in their cars than others.

FWIW, I don't think it'd be all that expensive to set dynamic control to "everything off" or maybe "everything but ABS off" and tune the suspension with more conventional dampers. You'd sacrifice some ride quality, but that's of much lower importance when you're tuning primarily for track performance (and you should be able to dial the damping back for the street, just not at the press of a button).

Norm
Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Fair enough . . . I guess some people need/want far less in their cars than others.

FWIW, I don't think it'd be all that expensive to set dynamic control to "everything off" or maybe "everything but ABS off" and tune the suspension with more conventional dampers. You'd sacrifice some ride quality, but that's of much lower importance when you're tuning primarily for track performance (and you should be able to dial the damping back for the street, just not at the press of a button).

Norm
If we could have the ability to turn off traction control, stability control, and ABS, I'd be all over that, unless it was insanely expensive. For me, MR is perfect. My car will be 99.9% street driven at this point. No need to sacrifice ride for what I guess would be miniscule improvements in handling. Honestly, some simple bolt-ons from BMR or Steeda would probably improve the handling beyond my current needs.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Base GT is pretty close to a "body in white", then like Burger King says "have it your way".

M-4425-M
M-18000-F
M-5300-Y
M-20201-M

Tires and wheels in the flavor you like, go have fun.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
If we could have the ability to turn off traction control, stability control, and ABS, I'd be all over that, unless it was insanely expensive. For me, MR is perfect. My car will be 99.9% street driven at this point. No need to sacrifice ride for what I guess would be miniscule improvements in handling. Honestly, some simple bolt-ons from BMR or Steeda would probably improve the handling beyond my current needs.
hold the brake and TC button for more then 6 secs and everything will be off except for the ABS.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
hold the brake and TC button for more then 6 secs and everything will be off except for the ABS.
Will they stay off, under all conditions? Not all nanny systems do (I'm pretty sure that at least one mfr's system will turn itself back on if you have an ABS event).

Norm

Sponsored

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
I have the PP2

I have been tracking the car at Motorsports Ranch south of Fort Worth Texas. The summer here is hot. I have run 20 minutes sessions and never went into limp mode.
That's cool. Got any video of the runs? That would put a drop of the road course guys anxiety down to expectable levels.:D Texas is Africa hot. So if it doesn't over heat there. It shouldn't anywhere else.
Ive tracked my car more than a handful of times at MotorSports Ranch Houston and in 30 minute sessions I have not hit limp mode either. On a couple of sessions last August (when track temps were well over 100*F) I pulled off before the session ended due to oil temps creeping up.

Other than that I have been more than fine. :cheers: :ford:

DeltaMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
Ive tracked my car more than a handful of times at MotorSports Ranch Houston and in 30 minute sessions I have not hit limp mode either. On a couple of sessions last August (when track temps were well over 100*F) I pulled off before the session ended due to oil temps creeping up.

Other than that I have been more than fine. :cheers: :ford:
When the temperature hits 100, I have to pull off because my head hurts :)

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
And who's doing the dynamic control, epas, and MR tuning for you? And how much is that going to cost? You seem to be forgetting, the PP2 is an engineered package, from the electronics down, not just a bunch of parts bolted to the car.

Where did Ford ever say the PP2 was intended to be a full on track car? I think everyone expected it to be, and then got by butt hurt when it wasn't. And to what end? Bragging rights? We all know the vast majority of these cars (350/r, PP2, 1le) are never gonna see a track. Let's face it, no one's garage opens onto a race track. These are street cars. All those cars that never see the track are dragging around all those extra parts for what? So the owner can say they paid for something they will never use?

As a mustang fan, looking to buy a new mustang, and maybe someday take it to the track, I think the PP2 is an awesome choice. If it needs coolers, I'll add coolers. For that to be the deal breaker is just absurd. If this is your position, are you also disappointed it doesn't come with racing harnesses? Or a cage? Where does it end?

I still believe the PP2 is the best GT car you can get for ~$50k. If it needs a couple thousand dollars in mods to be a track weapon, so what?
boom!:clap2:

i went with the PP2 even though it will be my DD. to have the option to take it to the track events and perform well was the goal. i don't have to win against a 1LE to justify my purchase. i highly doubt the amount of track time i will have with this car will push the limits, but if it does, i'm fine with spending a grand on some coolers. i'll have spent way more than that on other things for it anyway.

besides, the mustang looks and drives better than a camaro all day long. if you don't think so, then why are you on this forum? go buy a camaro and grow out that mullet

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

i went with the PP2 even though it will be my DD. to have the option to take it to the track events and perform well was the goal. i don't have to win against a 1LE to justify my purchase. i highly doubt the amount of track time i will have with this car will push the limits, but if it does, i'm fine with spending a grand on some coolers. i'll have spent way more than that on other things for it anyway.

besides, the mustang looks and drives better than a camaro all day long. if you don't think so, then why are you on this forum? go buy a camaro and grow out that mullet
Bingo. :thumbsup:

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Once the GT500's are out. Ford may stop making the GT350's, then they can add some coolers to the PP2, and allow it to have the faster A10 also with out kicking their top dog / cash cows' butt.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Man I hope you got plans for some winter tires.

OP
OP
JD_GTPP2

JD_GTPP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro, 2SS/1LE
Man I hope you got plans for some winter tires.

Within a week after buying my PP2, I bought a set of PP1 wheels/tires with all-seasons (thanks [MENTION=30638]aleccolin[/MENTION]!) and put a set of Michelin PS4s on the factory wheels. Now I just gotta wait for the engine to be replaced!

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
And who's doing the dynamic control, epas, and MR tuning for you? And how much is that going to cost? You seem to be forgetting, the PP2 is an engineered package, from the electronics down, not just a bunch of parts bolted to the car.

Where did Ford ever say the PP2 was intended to be a full on track car? I think everyone expected it to be, and then got by butt hurt when it wasn't. And to what end? Bragging rights? We all know the vast majority of these cars (350/r, PP2, 1le) are never gonna see a track. Let's face it, no one's garage opens onto a race track. These are street cars. All those cars that never see the track are dragging around all those extra parts for what? So the owner can say they paid for something they will never use?

As a mustang fan, looking to buy a new mustang, and maybe someday take it to the track, I think the PP2 is an awesome choice. If it needs coolers, I'll add coolers. For that to be the deal breaker is just absurd. If this is your position, are you also disappointed it doesn't come with racing harnesses? Or a cage? Where does it end?

I still believe the PP2 is the best GT car you can get for ~$50k. If it needs a couple thousand dollars in mods to be a track weapon, so what?

~$50K? My 301A PP2 with active exhaust and Recaros was $38,750. For ~$50K, I could add coolers and a whipple. Everyone can say what they want, but I feel I got pretty damn good value for the money (assuming the engine doesn't blow up and the tranny doesn't break). As for snow tires, she'll be sitting in a heated garage on snowy days. That's what 4-wheel drive is for.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
~$50K? My 301A PP2 with active exhaust and Recaros was $38,750. For ~$50K, I could add coolers and a whipple. Everyone can say what they want, but I feel I got pretty damn good value for the money (assuming the engine doesn't blow up and the tranny doesn't break). As for snow tires, she'll be sitting in a heated garage on snowy days. That's what 4-wheel drive is for.
Msrp for what you got is over $47,000, not many are going to get a killer discount like you did.:cheers: