Sponsored

Front end collision

Ambrotos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Package
Wow, that is horrible but glad you were able to walk away without major injuries, as that looks like it could have been a lot worse.

Interesting post - work in Insurance Industry?

he unibody energy absorbtion structure where the front lower k member attaches to cant be “straightened” without severely compromising ability to absorb energy in another crash.
The entire left front unibody including strut tower, firewall, etc would need to replaced. If insurance flinches, you can send a demand letter to Ford asking if they can warrant and guarantee the safety structure of the repaired unibody will meet or exceed the original oem performance. They will say no way. Then formally ask same of insurer and they will know by that written demand that they will be wasting time trying to screw you.
He is right about the member. It' can't be straightened, but the strut tower/apron can be replaced and cradle/k frame can be replaced. It's very labor intensive. Just because you replace something, doesn't mean it isn't as effective or safe as from the lot. Looking at that I say there is 1% chance it even damaged the firewall. Damage to the firewall is an instant kill for my insurance company. I will say the pillar is toast how it's buckled.

They can also fix unibody on cars. It's call sectioning, pretty much cut out the bad, and replace with new. Some of the more expensive cars will require this due to the value of the car vs repairs. It doesn't interrupt or change structural integrity, if it did then insurance companies wouldn't be allowed to do it.

There is a reason why most states say insurance companies are required to fix the car to pre-crash conditions. It doesn't always get fixed right the first time due to the extensive damage and supplements will need to be done and the total repairs become more expensive than killing it. This is why most cars become a total loss.

If I saw this car on my list, I would get the options and mileage and get a valuation of it. Then I would kill it. Some cars you can just look at and say " It's dead".

Most insurance companies aren't out to screw you. There will be times when you think they are, but in the end, they are looking out for you and their company.

Source: I kill cars.
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Gutted for you,
I know someone who had a bad smack in his S197, but as the chassis was not bent, they did not write the car off, and come back to him in better condition then before the accident
Hope you get it sorted ASAP
good luck

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Its totalled.
The unibody energy absorbtion structure where the front lower k member attaches to cant be “straightened” without severely compromising ability to absorb energy in another crash.
The entire left front unibody including strut tower, firewall, etc would need to replaced. If insurance flinches, you can send a demand letter to Ford asking if they can warrant and guarantee the safety structure of the repaired unibody will meet or exceed the original oem performance. They will say no way. Then formally ask same of insurer and they will know by that written demand that they will be wasting time trying to screw you.
I was surprised (from my accident, see my previoous post above) how easy the unibody structure in these cars appears to cave in where the strut tower connects to the underlying structure...I wasn't even hit directly on the front end!

OP
OP

Strata

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
It's interesting to hear from some of you guys who have more knowledge in the aspects of how the car is put together, and what it can, and can't take. It should help me out some when ever my claims adjuster finally gets a hold of me and looks the thing over.

In the meantime, my insurance got me a nice new rental to tool around in. an '18 Ecoboost convertable. I have to say, i've noticed it handles rather differently from how mine did, and the motor doesn't seem to be anywhere near as responsive either. I'm chocking it up to it being a rental, and how abused they can be.. but it has me wondering..

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
So sorry this happened to you my friend, and I'm glad no one was hurt any worse. Cars can be replaced, people not so much. I hope all works out soon, and to your satisfaction.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Strata

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
so i just heard back from the inspection. They're giving an estimate right now of 11,500 for repairs.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
In the meantime, my insurance got me a nice new rental to tool around in. an '18 Ecoboost convertable. I have to say, i've noticed it handles rather differently from how mine did, and the motor doesn't seem to be anywhere near as responsive either. I'm chocking it up to it being a rental, and how abused they can be.. but it has me wondering..
I'm choking it up to a smaller displacement engine being overburdened (remember the 'vert weighs 250 lbs. more than a fastback!) :tsk:

OP
OP

Strata

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Okay, so I'm back to haveing no idea just what is going on with my Mustang now. After looking over the repair estimate i noticed afew issues with it. (Such as ordering the base Ecoboost grills, not the Pony Package i have). And a few other oddities im not too sure about. Tried to call the adjuster back, but he was already gone for the day. So Instead i go ahead and call the claims center. I let them know of a couple issues, plus get a few other things taken care of with my injury claims. While they were looking around the claim information, they saw a Total Valuation report already prepared. Yesterday. Before i was ever told about the repairs. So... Yeah.. Im confused right now.

Ambrotos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Package
Okay, so I'm back to haveing no idea just what is going on with my Mustang now. After looking over the repair estimate i noticed afew issues with it. (Such as ordering the base Ecoboost grills, not the Pony Package i have). And a few other oddities im not too sure about. Tried to call the adjuster back, but he was already gone for the day. So Instead i go ahead and call the claims center. I let them know of a couple issues, plus get a few other things taken care of with my injury claims. While they were looking around the claim information, they saw a Total Valuation report already prepared. Yesterday. Before i was ever told about the repairs. So... Yeah.. Im confused right now.

Normal procedure. No reason to sit there and do a detailed estimate if the car is totaled. I'm sure it went like this

A. Saw Car
B Went into the software and entered a number to see what threshold it was.
C Got the value of the car
D Value came back over repair costs and did a quick estimate locked it and bounced. Your car will need supplement estimate done. Either he was in a rush or didn't check all the packages or just flat out missed it.

Repairs on your car won't even start for a day or two. Get a hold of him and mention some things that don't add up such as the packages. Even if they put the wrong parts on, they are required to use the right parts regardless of OEM/Aftermarket. So it won't be too much of a fight, just point it out up front so it goes smoothly.

I just had a 2016 convertible eco base package come in today. I haven't been able to finish it yet, but it was nowhere the amount of damage you had and I'm sitting at 8k and I think it will be at least 10k. Sitting at 8k I am at 55% of the value threshold, so I pretty much need to be around 15k to total it out (depends on the state law). I noticed there are a LOT of aftermarket/recycled parts for S550s so that drives the costs down.

I still would have totaled yours out, but maybe the damage looks worse than what it is. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

OP
OP

Strata

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
So, I have heard back from the collision center that i had my car taken to. With what was already estimated, and the additional work that they found, it's official. Im looking for a new car.

One of the upper, and both lower frame rails need replacement, which would necessitate dropping both the motor and the transmission to accomplish.

Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
So, I have heard back from the collision center that i had my car taken to. With what was already estimated, and the additional work that they found, it's official. Im looking for a new car.

One of the upper, and both lower frame rails need replacement, which would necessitate dropping both the motor and the transmission to accomplish.
Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you are made whole in body and wallet.

Make sure you get a good value on the total loss.
Remember - their first amount offered is just that - an offer.
Its an adversarial engagement. Do your homework on what the market value is for your car with that age/mileage/options. KBB and Nadaguides. Do research on what comparable models are selling for in your location. It depends on the laws in your area, but for me they had to demonstrate that the amount offered would permit me to replace the lost vehicle with a substantially similar one that was actually available for sale within my area. Have this info available if they low ball you.

I went through this with an older BMW and negotiating with my carrier on a total loss yielded several thousand more.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Did you have GAP insurance in your policy?

OP
OP

Strata

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Didn't need to have GAP. When i bought the car i payed cash for it. Unfortunately this time around, I wont be able to..

My2013shelbygt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby gt 500
I just slide out on brine (liquid salt ) and being a licensed dz driver that drives a salt/plow truck in the winter and has taken the courses ABOUT salt brine I know for a FACT it had NO business being put down in 5 degrees above freezing with NO snow warning in effect and NOT in THAT amount. Any way it's done ... my baby (2013 gt500 cobra ) ate and spit out a pole .... Now the insurance adjusters are DYING to put it as a total loss SO much so that before they even SAW my car they tried to send it for "salvage". I strongly believe IF I let that happen I'll see my baby fixed and for sale within the new couple months. So please give it to me straight boys (I'm 32 blonde and a girl that has always had full control on my spins in my 662 horse 631 pounds a torque baby that makes everyone s head turn) so being my first accident .... I could really use some solid advice before I'm contacted again or run out of time to make a decision. What do you guys think? Fixable? Price? I live in Canada and had to get on a list to get her so I highly doubt I can replace her .... So I'm hoping asking the pro s will bring me some good advice thank u in advice
IMG_20191105_1550051.jpg

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
What do you guys think?

Take Money...Run...very fast
Sponsored