Sponsored

Options to reduce volume increase with Cat Delete?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I want to delete my cats, however I have 2 restrictions.

1. I need to be able to get the car through emissions every 2 years.
2. I don’t have an appetite for the car being too much louder than it is now.

I have MBRP street cat back on the car now. I am thinking of going with Mak Cat deletes, and welding in some 18” bullet resonators. I can swap the stock cats back for emissions on so theirs that. However based on feedback I am concerned the resonators won’t do enough to reduce volume. I don’t really want to put a stock cat back on the car. Is there another combo/catback that might work? Maybe 4 resonators, or something like the Varex adjustable cat back?

Just spit balling here, looking for ideas. Thanks!
Sponsored

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
I dont think the MBRP STreet will be crazy loud. There are plenty of other combos out there that would be considered loud before yours. If you have heard and think its too loud, one of the quietest combos I have heard with our offraod pipes is the BORLA S-Type Catback. Nice Deep Sound, but not loud at all really.

OP
OP
SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
What is your reasons for removing the cats..?
I figure with the supercharger they are costing me 30-40 hp. Plus I've never had good luck with cats and boost.

I dont think the MBRP STreet will be crazy loud. There are plenty of other combos out there that would be considered loud before yours. If you have heard and think its too loud, one of the quietest combos I have heard with our offraod pipes is the BORLA S-Type Catback. Nice Deep Sound, but not loud at all really.

Thats good to hear. I've actually not heard my combo without cats. I am hoping adding the resonators and removing the cats is a wash in terms of volume. However I am not convinced.
Sponsored