Sponsored

PP2 STO N SHO - No Drill Plate Option Available Now

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
That's what stainless is for.
The pin on Sto N Sho rusted out, not the bolts on my car.

You are paying $90+ dollars for a license plate holder. You would think they would include a proper bolt that is durable. I am just putting it out there to anyone who orders this part. You may want to look into replacing that bolt with a proper one, otherwise it may get stuck like mine.
Sponsored

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Do you think this would hold up well on the autobahn? I've looked at this and Craigs front plate that uses 3M tape.

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Do you think this would hold up well on the autobahn? I've looked at this and Craigs front plate that uses 3M tape.
Craig’s doesn’t make one for 2018 and up models so sto n sho is the way to go.

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I guess that's true. I'm not getting the car for a few months so I was assuming a similar design eventually. I'm still worried the sto n sho falling off at 150 mph.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I've gotten numerous parking tickets in my 2010 mustang for no front plates. Last year I got pulled over 2 times by local Sherriffs for having no front plates on my Miata. Needless to say, I rigged something up for my Miata and put a Sto n Sho on my 2017 Mustang.

It's great that those who posted no problems have cops that dont care, but it just depends on the cops. The plate on the dash doesn't work here in Ohio.
I got through four years without a front plate on my Miata so I'm running without. If I get dinged I'll mount a Sto n Sho bracket. As forgetful as I am I'll probably forget to put the plate back on after washing the car eventually. :)

Honestly, a $200 ticket is pretty cheap for the difference in appearance that going without makes. People spend more on appearance mods that make less difference. As long as I don't get more than one every year or two then it's worth it.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Got one of these and it works great. No complaints at all and have never had a ticket in this car. Pulled over plenty of times but no ticket.

Then again, I do all my hard driving at the track...

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
... I'm still worried the sto n sho falling off at 150 mph.
That's a good question. The bracket is held in place by one solid threaded hole & bolt. One other self-tap screw simply threaded into the plastic under tray. IMO, this is not enough. Try nut & bolt instead and Loctite both.

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
That's a good question. The bracket is held in place by one solid threaded hole & bolt. One other self-tap screw simply threaded into the plastic under tray. IMO, this is not enough. Try nut & bolt instead and Loctite both.
This should be different as there are two existing bolts in the splitter where it will attach versus the regular version that uses a bolt and a self tap into the plastic. The image on the order site is of the regular PP1 version and this will be a bit different as there are two bolts that can be used that already exist.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
...and will his new Bullitt be the same as a current PP2?

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
...and will his new Bullitt be the same as a current PP2?
My guess is the regular GT or PP1 version will work on Bullit. The PP2 has a bigger splitter and different bolt locations underneath for mounting.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Updated stock image for the PP2 Sto N Sho. When mine comes in, I'll post some pics on my car with a plate.

SNS135c_2w__13503.1527027913.jpg

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Updated stock image for the PP2 Sto N Sho. When mine comes in, I'll post some pics on my car with a plate.

SNS135c_2w__13503.1527027913.jpg

Are these shipping right now? When are you expecting to get yours? I got a citation today even though I clearly explained to the pig (who claimed to be a "Mustang guy":tsk:) that I wasn't trying to look "cool", always run a front license plate on my cars and was just waiting for an after market option to become available for this particular trim level.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Are these shipping right now? When are you expecting to get yours? I got a citation today even though I clearly explained to the pig (who claimed to be a "Mustang guy":tsk:) that I wasn't trying to look "cool", always run a front license plate on my cars and was just waiting for an after market option to become available for this particular trim level.
I just got an email with tracking that it shipped. Would expect to have it in a couple days, so Tues or Wed due to Holiday.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I put in an order on Friday and it got delivered today. Great quality and fitment! Ground clearance with the PP2 is going to be an even bigger problem now.

w4k8Vssl.jpg

NwzWBZJl.jpg

7U6td9ol.jpg

ZhC1bmul.jpg

I2scwHYl.jpg

Ez2DlNvl.jpg

cOsUj0Yl.jpg

4F19g7el.jpg

cJxY8DZl.jpg

ezkx6eIl.jpg