Sponsored

Daily Driving the Ford Performance Track Handling Pack

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Specifically talking about this kit, I like the idea of a complete package, but I am concerned about ruining the daily driving aspect of the car. My goal is less brake drive, body roll, and just a better cornering car, but not at the cost of making it unbearable. Can those that daily drive this setup chime in?
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
It's not unbearable to drive. It will be stiffer and provide a slighter harder ride but nothing really bad. And it will make a better cornering car.

I had the FRPP springs and shocks on my car. I've since switched to a linear spring but yes the overall setup is good.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Have a look around the forum. There are kits available from more than just FRPP that can give you additional options based on desired ride height and spring stiffness.
I'd tend to agree with this. Even though the FRPP is a good bit of kit, I'd rather see the OP in a similar package from a different company.

That being said, the good thing about the FRPP track pack, is you can buy it all in one kit and it is one package. For someone who just wants better cornering on the street, I think this kit is a good compromise to accomplish that goal while also not beating you up too bad.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Are you just trying to lower the car? What is your goal here?

Here's my suggestions in terms of "lowest to highest price" having experience with each:

Lowest price, will achieve your goals just fine:
- Steeda Progressive springs on stock shocks
- Get yourself a good alignment - be happy

Medium price, stiffer, better handling, daily drivable:
- Your choice of linear spring (Swift Spec R would be my first choice, even on an EB)
- Steeda Fixed Pro-Action dampers
- Get yourself a good alignment - be happy

Highest price, custom, even better handling, more adjustment, daily driveable:
- Steeda Coilovers custom spec'd after conversation with [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]

Add Steeda sway bars to either of those. Or any brand of sway bar, really. Steeda's have welded-on bracket ends which are extra strong and have a stiffer rate.

Have fun!

Sponsored

Stripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
OP, see my sig. No issues with daily driving and NVH. The rear diff bushings led to slightly more noise (gear whine) that could only be heard at speed less than 5 mph in parking lots - now I don't notice it at all, ever.

I can't comment on any other suspension setups than my own since I haven't used any others, but the stuff in my sig worked very well for me as a daily driver. I have about 10k miles on this suspension now.

OP
OP
Miadhawk

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
My primary goal is to improve the handling, namely bringing down the body roll and brake dive. Lowering my car is a secondary concern, and I'm actually concerned about scraping, but it seems like most people who lower 1 inch don't have an issue? I'm also like the idea that wildcatgoal has about Steeda shocks and some springs, it's either that or the full Ford kit.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Specifically talking about this kit, I like the idea of a complete package, but I am concerned about ruining the daily driving aspect of the car. My goal is less brake drive, body roll, and just a better cornering car, but not at the cost of making it unbearable. Can those that daily drive this setup chime in?
It's a pretty good package that is not a problem for a daily driver. The rear toe link bushings are a bit of a pain to install. And I would get some form of front camber adjustment if you ever drive the car hard. Camber plates or bolts.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
My primary goal is to improve the handling, namely bringing down the body roll and brake dive. Lowering my car is a secondary concern, and I'm actually concerned about scraping, but it seems like most people who lower 1 inch don't have an issue? I'm also like the idea that wildcatgoal has about Steeda shocks and some springs, it's either that or the full Ford kit.
There is two minimal drop (under 1") setups that I like:
1) BMR SP089/082 (called SP763 nowadays)with PP dampers (significantly better than PP, comfortable on street).
2) BMR SP085, GT350, or GT350R with Ford Performance dampers (way better handling than above, mid/upper range of tolerable on street) like [MENTION=19599]Bluemustang[/MENTION]

Mine is similar to the second, but mix and match springs instead of a set of 4. If you want a tiny bit more drop, 1" ish, and a performance in between, Steeda Ultralites offer a good combination of rates.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There is two minimal drop (under 1") setups that I like:
1) BMR SP089/082 (called SP763 nowadays)with PP dampers (significantly better than PP, comfortable on street).
2) BMR SP085, GT350, or GT350R with Ford Performance dampers (way better handling than above, mid/upper range of tolerable on street) like [MENTION=19599]Bluemustang[/MENTION]

Mine is similar to the second, but mix and match springs instead of a set of 4. If you want a tiny bit more drop, 1" ish, and a performance in between, Steeda Ultralites offer a good combination of rates.
On #2: The full set is SP083 (revised version)

I'd agree with Rebellion that the the SP083 or GT350R sets of springs and a well-matched damper set is just about right for mixed street and track. It's completely livable, certainly harsher on rough roads, but not really at all on everything else. Great choices are the Ford Racing Track dampers (that come in the kit mentioned, and can be purchased separately), the Koni Yellows, Bilstein HD, and Steeda Pro Action Adjustables. All of these would handle and ride well at the appropriate settings (Koni and Steeda are adjustable).

SP083 = 250/980 lb/in rates at 0.88" and 0.75" drop front and rear
GT350R = 240/914 lb/in rates at 0.7" and 0.2" drop front and rear

Rebellion and I have a mix with GT350R fronts and SP085 rears (the rears from the previous version SP083), so we have 240/980 lb/in and 0.7" and 0.5" drops. It handles extremely well and I find it great for my daily driver. No clearance issues.

Here is the recent thread on the springs from [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION], as well as a full review (and more follow-ups throughout the thread) from [MENTION=19599]Bluemustang[/MENTION]

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95677

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98341

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I run the GT350R springs with Koni's and they work great. I daily drive the car and have had no issues with it scraping, it's also not bad at all for everyday street driving. It's exactly what I was looking for. I'm also adding GT350R sway bar in a week or two. I think my setup cost about the same, or maybe a bit less than the Ford Track one.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I ran the FRPP springs and shocks, as well as BMR sway bars and some other IRS parts - my own version for the Ford Racing Track package. I ended up switching out the springs if that is any indication. But I am very picky. I think a lot about what my suspension is doing.

I place a lot of importance on handling feel. Handling IMO - is not just how it corners and stuff like that, but also how it feels in all situations. Is it predictable? Do you feel connected to the road for a confident driving experience? So anyway just something to think about.

I would recommend, after much trial and error, opt for a lesser drop. Less geometry changes and problems down the road.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Has anyone ran these FRPP track dampers with the Swift linear springs? I'm not a fan of progressives and the BMR handling springs seem a bit stiff for daily driving.

I assume that if these dampers can handle the handling springs, they should be fine with a set of slightly less aggressive ones also.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone ran these FRPP track dampers with the Swift linear springs? I'm not a fan of progressives and the BMR handling springs seem a bit stiff for daily driving.

I assume that if these dampers can handle the handling springs, they should be fine with a set of slightly less aggressive ones also.
I'd imagine they'd work quite well.

The Handling spring rates aren't as bad as you'd expect for daily use. It depends on how crappy your roads are, but for smooth to moderate it's completely acceptable and not harsh. Large bumps and potholes are definitely harsher, of course.

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
All great products listed above, I personally went with the BMR catalog lol. Mine is my daily and I live in LA where the roads are trash and is great. It honestly comes down to what you think you will want and how much you can tolerate and the roads where you live. As stated earlier all great products!
Sponsored