Sponsored

ANARCHY MOTIVE REVIEW

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 mustang V6 -> 2016 GTPP 6M
Hi guys,

I wonder who has waited the longest for his/her shift knob from Anarchy Motive.

I knew mine is tough to cut and their long LT, but, it is getting out of my expectation.

I'm still waiting and have little faith, but, i don't know..

So i want to know if I'm the idiot who is waiting for goods longest or not before I lose my mind..
Sponsored

Last edited:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
It depends on when you order and when he is doing a batch. 30-60 days is normal. 90 days can happen. He will get it to you, and once you have it, the wait will seem worth it.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
My wait in the Spring/Summer of 2016 was ~10 weeks or so from original order to delivery. It was a long wait, the communication wasn't always great, but I was happy with it once it arrived. I'll be ordering another from him to match the new "theme" on my GT, since the current I moved from my old EB Mustang.

How long exactly have you been waiting?
IMG_5169.jpg

OP
OP

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I cannot say exactly how long I've been waiting as they will know who I am.

I did hear a lot of positive reviews but, at the same critical reviews as well.

Honestly, I'm on fence whether to get refund or wait till the end.

anybody waited longer than 6 months?

OP
OP

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wait in the Spring/Summer of 2016 was ~10 weeks or so from original order to delivery. It was a long wait, the communication wasn't always great, but I was happy with it once it arrived. I'll be ordering another from him to match the new "theme" on my GT, since the current I moved from my old EB Mustang.

How long exactly have you been waiting?

i would say more than 6 months. I also wonder if USPS is so dumb to delay the shipping for almost a month.

i envy you that you have his art, however, i sort of understand why it took this long, but, wait is wait.

i was given LT for 5~6 weeks and that was last year.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
It depends on when you order and when he is doing a batch. 30-60 days is normal. 90 days can happen. He will get it to you, and once you have it, the wait will seem worth it.
I agree with this statement totally. Mine took about 3 months and than I got my shipping statement from USPS. That took another month to get to me. I am on Canada, so I expect a longer shipping time. But I have had other things shipped to me using USPS and it’s a similar long wait story. If I can get my package any other way, I will NOT USPS again

As for my knob, I absolutely love it. For me, it was definitely worth the wait.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2176574&postcount=1557

OP
OP

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with this statement totally. Mine took about 3 months and than I got my shipping statement from USPS. That took another month to get to me. I am on Canada, so I expect a longer shipping time. But I have had other things shipped to me using USPS and it’s a similar long wait story. If I can get my package any other way, I will NOT USPS again

As for my knob, I absolutely love it. For me, it was definitely worth the wait.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2176574&postcount=1557
I guess i will give him little more time..

I'm from Canada as well, and currently the AWB shows that my label is created and it is pre-shipment for a month now.

all I can do is wait for Derrick with good news..:shrug:

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT

I'm from Canada as well, and currently the AWB shows that my label is created and it is pre-shipment for a month now.

If it's been 6 months, that'd be pushing my limits and I'd be filing a claim with the post office if it's been shipped and lost. I love my shift knob, but 6 months is a bit much.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Mine took a tad over 7 months. Took so long that I changed my interior theme and aren't even using it. Sadly it's too custom to sell. Can PM me if you want any more info.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I actually just removed my knob. Got sent the wrong color after a 4 month wait and was promised a correct one only to never get it. Finally said F it and took off the mismatched one and it's now holding down paper on my shop bench. I might see how well it floats.

Sponsored

Cxmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I ordered mine October 3rd. I finally received it the first week of April. So just over 6 months for mine.

In all honesty his work is great, but I also ordered from shift solutions and I got my custom knob from them in 3 weeks. For the 15-18 mustang the knob from SS is a little lighter than the AM one, but the build quality and the engravings and everything from both are perfect. I’m personally going to go with SS next time I order for my wrx knob just due to the waiting factor. I’d rather wait 3 weeks than over 6 months for basically the same product.

But again, AM makes good knobs. Just the wait is insane. That’s my only complaint, and as you see it appears to be everyone else’s complaints as well.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible

I was in the same boat. I just don’t get what USPS is doing. :doh:

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Mine took a while. I don't recall how long anymore, but it was a good wait. That said, I knew that going in, and I've been very happy with the result.

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Just received my shift knob recently... after a 9 month wait. BEWARE.

Sorry for the long post. TLDR at bottom.

This is my second purchase from Anarchy, and both were excessively long waits. The first was a great product though. This one is terrible.

There were plenty of emails back and forth regarding delays due to weather, man-power, family, etc. On more than one occasion I requested a status update and was told that my order was in the next batch and would be completed in a week or so. I stopped caring about the money I paid, because it'd been gone for so long. Even if it was taking forever, the product would be good I thought.

I received my product, and it was completely unsat. The top engraving was not as specified (old Shelby snake vs new GT350 snake requested), and even worse, the engraving quality is poor making it hard to read the image. One side was supposed to be a custom image per email discussion. It was not as discussed. Lastly, the side engravings are not 180 apart, so they can't be properly aligned to driver/passenger.

I would be embarrassed to install the knob I received. Some of you might say to take it up with the vendor and give him a chance to make it right. However after a 9 month lead time, it should have been perfect on delivery.

I ordered a knob from Shift Solutions Co, and the experience was great. I placed my order 11pm est. this past Saturday. I received an email from SSCO to ensure my thread pitch was correct within 30 minutes of placing the order. I didn't get any engraving (it is offered), but it is powdercoated transparent (candy) blue. The knob shipped Monday and was received last evening. That's 30 minute vendor follow up, next business day shipping (no engraving), and 2 day delivery time. Price was good too. Product is their BK knob. 800 grams of pure heft, and it feels/looks great on the shifter.

TLDR:
1. anarchy motive = excessively long lead time (9 months)
2. excuses for lead time when contacted
3. poor quality when product was finally delivered,
4. not worth effort to pursue replacement
5. ordered a different knob from Shift Solutions Co.
6. SSCO = fast service, great product, good price

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Well, I loved my Anarchy knob, but I've wanted to change it up. Sounds like I'll be going to Shift Solutions based on the feedback in this thread. 1-3 months I could handle. 6+ Months I could not.
Sponsored