Mustang Migration to Oz

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
Things must have improved since last year. For most people the wait between the ship arriving and actually getting the car was measured in weeks, not hours. It took a month in my case, not helped by every vehicle on the ship needing to be cleaned due to contamination. Probably the cars were driven onto the ship on a wet day. Customs would have required the tyres to all be cleaned before releasing the cars.

I had my 17 GT within 72 hours. Maybe even 48 hours. All I remember it was delivered quickly after landing in BNE.
Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I had my 17 GT within 72 hours. Maybe even 48 hours. All I remember it was delivered quickly after landing in BNE.
You were very fortunate, you should have bought a lotto ticket that week. I got my car within about three or four working days once it was off the ship, but I am still having therapy for the weeks it spent dockside under the blazing sun and in salt air.

There were plenty of similar stories at the time.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
You were very fortunate, you should have bought a lotto ticket that week. I got my car within about three or four working days once it was off the ship, but I am still having therapy for the weeks it spent dockside under the blazing sun and in salt air.

Mine was quarantined as well. As if the 12 month wait wasn't tuff enough, the days the thing sat waiting to be release was murder.

BrizSuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 Mustang GT

Haha me too!

Thankfully nearly 12 months on, the enjoyment of the pony has outweighed the frustration of the loooong wait :headbang:

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Mustang Coupe GT, Magnetic, Magnaride, A10. Falcon FGX XR6 Ute.
My MY19, was completed on July 25, however it never left the factory until August 30! Obviously now on rail heading to Port of Baltimore for shipping. EDD from dealer is now November 17, compared to original EDD September 28! Hope this fully optioned Stang is worth the painful wait! it’s killing me!

Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Have patience mate it will be worth the wait,:idea: if not just keep going back to the Ford dealership for test drives.:like:

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My MY19, was completed on July 25, however it never left the factory until August 30! Obviously now on rail heading to Port of Baltimore for shipping. EDD from dealer is now November 17, compared to original EDD September 28! Hope this fully optioned Stang is worth the painful wait! it’s killing me!
How did you find out when it left the factory ?

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
How did you find out when it left the factory ?
Dealer told me last week.
Been thinking, the MY 19 started at the beginning of the new financial year in the States, is there a law in Australia of how early a model manufactured in the previous year can be advertised as the following years model on the Australian compliance plate? Just thinking is this why my MY19 isn’t being delivered until November?

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
We don’t really run the “model year” system here.

It’s all about the date on the compliance plate. Your car was built in 2018, it will be complied in 2018 and considered a 2018 model to all except the “enlightened”.

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)

It’s all about the date on the compliance plate. Your car was built in 2018, it will be complied in 2018 and considered a 2018 model to all except the “enlightened”.
Thanks Jimmy, that throws my thoughts out the window. Just hard to understand why the car would sit at the factory for over a month after production before being railed to dock for shipping? You would think with the high volume of builds that they would be getting them out of the factory yard asap as there is a vehicle carrier loading at Baltimore bound for Australia on average every 10 days!

Sponsored

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Did you order factory stripes? They are applied once the car comes off the production line. There may have been a backlog. I could imagine the 2018 stripes are more popular than the 2015-7 stripes.

Sam has been factory fitting them for 9 years, so maybe he is getting a little tired ha ha. Article here: https://www.khou.com/mobile/article...cord/465-97c248c8-d40b-49d5-a1c9-bb9b7f11fe20

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
Did you order factory stripes? They are applied once the car comes off the production line. There may have been a backlog. I could imagine the 2018 stripes are more popular than the 2015-7 stripes.

Sam has been factory fitting them for 9 years, so maybe he is getting a little tired ha ha. Article here: https://www.khou.com/mobile/article...cord/465-97c248c8-d40b-49d5-a1c9-bb9b7f11fe20
No over the top stripes, but have spoiler option which is fitted afterwards according to posts.
Factory release August 30, there’s a ship loading in Baltimore on the 16th fingers crossed it might get there in time and have a slot for it!

Oz6Gstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'Considering' MY19 Mustang GT, AMG A45, NC MX5

Hi - does anyone know when Ford Australia will update their brochures for the (US) MY19 models? I ask as Ford "don't know" and appear unaware that their website has the MY18 brochure and that US spec MY19s have some new colours (Velocity Blue and Need for Green), it dropped Royal Crimson, Triple Yellow and Lightning Blue, and now have B&O sound systems.

cheers

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
Hi - does anyone know when Ford Australia will update their brochures for the (US) MY19 models? I ask as Ford "don't know" and appear unaware that their website has the MY18 brochure and that US spec MY19s have some new colours (Velocity Blue and Need for Green), it dropped Royal Crimson, Triple Yellow and Lightning Blue, and now have B&O sound systems.

cheers
You have covered all the changes for the MY19.
I was lucky enough that my dealer made me aware back in April that the MY19 was coming to Oz only three months after the MY18 landing. I changed my order to the 19 but the only difference for the 19 is the B&O.
My 19 is waiting at the dock in Baltimore for a ship allocation.
Sponsored