Sponsored

Never thought I would have to post this....

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
RIP Ruby Eco...
RIP Blue Fox...

sucks bud, but Mustangs are everywhere & easy to replace.
glad nobody was seriously hurt
Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Great Advice

Totalled.
Front left unibody is compromised including K member.
Add kmember, electric steering, entire front left suspension and brake lines to the bill.
Left front motor mount should be replaced.
Its totalled, but if they f w you...
Take pictures of the unibody left side under hood. Stand passengers wheel w hood open shooting across engine/radiator gap. Underside where k member attaches front left to unibody.
If the insurance company does not total it, just email them a formal demand that they warranty the structural crash integrity of the unibody if straightened. Email them pictures and tell them you sent them to Ford asking about same. If they stonewall further, ask them if they are indemnifying you against suit if the buyer is injured in a future collision due to hidden structural damage.
I should have done what you suggest...I was rear-ended at a intersection by a car-hauler who was travelling too fast for conditions. His insurance adjuster set repair cost at $50 less than totalled! The car was repaired but never handled right after that. I got rid of it within six months.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I should have done what you suggest...I was rear-ended at a intersection by a car-hauler who was travelling too fast for conditions. His insurance adjuster set repair cost at $50 less than totalled! The car was repaired but never handled right after that. I got rid of it within six months.

And this is why I donā€™t recommend buying used performance/sports cars. If itā€™s the guy down the street you see every day and he is selling his GT because he just married and needs a minivan, then go for it. Otherwise buyer beware. As I said before, My first 5.0 Mustang was totalled and hit at both ends while spinning and was shaped like a banana.Easily totalled but it was fixed and sold to some guy who got in touch with me later when he got suspicious about weird vibrations and looked me up. I had to tell him the truth and he was not exactly happy! So you run that risk.Then I also personally know guys who trashed and modified their engines and did something stupid and sold the car or traded it in before it threw a rod or something. Even if it is covered by a warrantee, who needs that?

This is especially true for current model year cars as who buys a new car with the intention of selling it or trading it in a few months later? Again it was trashed or they did something stupid with the engine racing it. Sure the sales man will tell you what you want to hear like: ā€œit was owned by a 60 year old man who was just too frightened by all the power!ā€ Total bullshit :mad: and then you see some decal that says this driver likes to drift..... And yes this was a real life example.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
MMD strut tower covers!

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
This is especially true for current model year cars as who buys a new car with the intention of selling it or trading it in a few months later? Again it was trashed or they did something stupid with the engine racing it. Sure the sales man will tell you what you want to hear like: ā€œit was owned by a 60 year old man who was just too frightened by all the power!ā€ Total bullshit :mad: and then you see some decal that says this driver likes to drift..... And yes this was a real life example.
I dunno. People make all sorts of financially bad decisions on new cars. It's all about that monthly payment, and if they can roll over and stretch the payment length out so they pay the same price, then they're good.

Never understood the point of that though. If you're going to go that route, you might as well lease.

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Lotta 17 ā€˜s still on the lots

Just to give an update.
It has been frustrating which is the nicest thing I can say. The car is totaled as I thought it would be, but everything is finally settled.
Next steps is I will probably wait a while before replacing it, feeling a little jaded. This is the second car in my life that I have ordered that has had an early demise at the hand of others.
I am not completely happy with the '18s because of that damn front end, but I will see if it will grow on me. If so I will order a GT, if not probably a F150 Lariat. Time will tell.
Sorry man. Glad they totaled you though believe me once itā€™s hit like that ...it is never the same..

THERE are ton of new 17ā€™s out there even a 16ā€™ or 2 still for sale if you canā€™t get with the 18 new looks.

Good luck and an F150 is awesome. I drive both a 15 GT and a ecoboosted 17 F150 XL STX. I find myself driving the truck more daily ..better mileage and of course more room than the GT.
:ford:
Sponsored