Sponsored

Considering picking up an 18 GT

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Hah- I was thinking about how practical it would be to buy a GT in NJ during Dec-March let alone Colorado. I almost feel like buying a 2k junker jeep with good tires and brakes just for bad days.

It all depends. Last friday we got hit by a 2-3 inch clipper system during rush hour. Those are actually the worst because you can't plan for them, and depending what you do for work you could be stuck ridding it out. Blizzards/Nor easters and other major storms you can make arrangements, close early, or work from home, but clippers that hit during rush hours are crippling especially with a mustang that only performs good in snow going straight and level. As soon as there is pitch in the road or trying to turn I have to hold my breath and wish I either had a dead body in my trunk or trade in for a jeep.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My wife always gives me crap because the last 3 Mustangs I purchased in November and December when most people around here already have them put away for the year.

Regarding the transmission - my opinion is you should drive a 2018 and an earlier Mustang to compare them and see what you think. I had a 2015 and I really liked the MT-82 in that car.

As far as storing it outside - I might accept some door dings rather than doing that. Or buy a product to protect the side of your car. Park the car you don't care about outside, not the Mustang. I wouldn't do a car cover if the car is kept outside because I think the car cover will be hard on your paint as well.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
And guys like me thank you very, very much, because peeps like you will take the huge depreciation hit and therefore make these wonderful cars much more affordable for peeps like me when they hit the used market in almost-new condition! :headbang:
Your welcome. I’ll call you in 10 years when I’m ready to sell. :headbang:

OP
OP

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
My wife always gives me crap because the last 3 Mustangs I purchased in November and December when most people around here already have them put away for the year.

Regarding the transmission - my opinion is you should drive a 2018 and an earlier Mustang to compare them and see what you think. I had a 2015 and I really liked the MT-82 in that car.

As far as storing it outside - I might accept some door dings rather than doing that. Or buy a product to protect the side of your car. Park the car you don't care about outside, not the Mustang. I wouldn't do a car cover if the car is kept outside because I think the car cover will be hard on your paint as well.
Door dings from what?

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
I wouldn't but any new model this time of the year. There's killer deals on new '17s. Especially if your going to park it outside.

div2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235i
And guys like me thank you very, very much, because peeps like you will take the huge depreciation hit and therefore make these wonderful cars much more affordable for peeps like me when they hit the used market in almost-new condition! :headbang:
Exactly! That's how I picked up my CPO M235i for a great price- and everyone that saw it thought it was new car. I have bought a couple of new cars when I wanted a hard to get car optioned in a specific way, but for the majority of my vehicle purchases depreciation is my good friend.

OP
OP

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
So I just got back from the dealer on a test drive, and I'm really disappointed. The transmission sounds like shit, a light grinding noise when in gear. Just like the same sound that was evident in my warranty replaced '14 v6 MT-82, as well as the '15 EBM MT-82 that I test drove back in 2015.

I thought I was going to be buying a manual 18 GT this month and I guess not because the damn transmission sounds like shit. Unbelievable that a $50K car makes noise like this. The 5 speed in my 2003 Elantra sounded better. :(

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
You can sort of hear the rear end when shifting in the Mustangs...at least the 5.0s. I've never had much seat time in the V6.

But it was like that in my '08 GT as well. I'm sort of used to it. Shifts well though.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I just got back from the dealer on a test drive, and I'm really disappointed. The transmission sounds like shit, a light grinding noise when in gear. Just like the same sound that was evident in my warranty replaced '14 v6 MT-82, as well as the '15 EBM MT-82 that I test drove back in 2015.

I thought I was going to be buying a manual 18 GT this month and I guess not because the damn transmission sounds like shit. Unbelievable that a $50K car makes noise like this. The 5 speed in my 2003 Elantra sounded better. :(
Lol ... all our transmissions sound like shit and we should be driving Hyundai Elantras.

Okay :headbonk:

OP
OP

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
Lol ... all our transmissions sound like shit and we should be driving Hyundai Elantras.

Okay :headbonk:
When did I generalize all the transmissions, or suggest that everyone should be driving Elantras? I stated two facts, $50K car shouldn't sound like this, Elantra didn't sound like this.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When did I generalize all the transmissions, or suggest that everyone should be driving Elantras? I stated two facts, $50K car shouldn't sound like this, Elantra didn't sound like this.
Sarcasm dude :lol:

You definitely don’t like the sound of Manual transmissions in quite a few years of Mustangs. Get a Automatic or another type of car I quess.

Personally, I never get all the manual transmission complaints. Mine works fine and I never hear what you hear with tunes up and me rolling Thru gears. I figure it’s supposed to sound like what it does I quess. I’ll have to pay more attention maybe. My kids Honda is dead quiet and so was my old Nissan. I figure those cars are supposed to be quiet.

Peace
Sponsored