Sponsored

Wonder if 350 value will go "up" when GT500 is released?

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The GT350 is simply the best “mustang” ever produced, period. I don’t see prices crashing on this car.

If the new GT500 has a bolt on supercharger, it’ll be just another version of a Hellcat and ZL1. But it won’t be as track capable as the 350, because of adding 100+lbs of weight high on the car, which will create a worse CG. With the new 10 speed auto, it’ll be quick, but so is the ZL1/HC.

Now, if it’s twin turbo, look out..that would differentiate it dramatically from it’s competition.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Prices for used GT350s only matter if you are buying or selling.

I've got mine and it's not going anywhere any time soon. I'm not really interested in the GT500 from what I've heard so far (supercharged RWD). I never really wanted one of the 2007-2014 models either.

I don't care much about the market value of the GT350s, but I could see them going up in value if automakers stop making NA V8s or stop making V8s altogether. Also, if manual transmissions go away their value could increase. If hybrids are the only option, that could also help keep the value of the GT350s up.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
The GT350 is simply the best “mustang” ever produced, period. I don’t see prices crashing on this car.

If the new GT500 has a bolt on supercharger, it’ll be just another version of a Hellcat and ZL1. But it won’t be as track capable as the 350, because of adding 100+lbs of weight high on the car, which will create a worse CG. With the new 10 speed auto, it’ll be quick, but so is the ZL1/HC.

Now, if it’s twin turbo, look out..that would differentiate it dramatically from it’s competition.
I'm sure people said the same thing in 2012/2013 about the BOSS cars. It's the best ever... till the next best.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I'm sure people said the same thing in 2012/2013 about the BOSS cars. It's the best ever... till the next best.
But.. the GT350 is very unique with the FPC Motor and extreme track performance characteristics.. I'm not convinced that Ford will ever do another FPC motor and there is no guarantee that future cars will have the same connection with the driver that you get with the GT350 (feel on the track and the intangibles).

In the end, no one can really predict what's going to happen.. but the car won't "tank" in value, I just don't see that. I don't see it shooting up either.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That Boss didn't age well with all them decals. It's ugly AF.

At a minimum the GT350 is a good looking car that sounds good even when other cars will be faster in every aspect.
I have to agree with this. The Boss 302 base car is fine. I don't think the hockey stick 302 decal is all that bad. But the LS edition is quite fussy with all the colors arguing with each other on the roof, the wheels, the front grill, etc etc.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
People this isn’t the 1960-70s.
The “ONLY” reason why the original muscle cars have any value is because they died off because of the EPA and gas shortage in the early 70s.
Today we dont have that problem “yet”. And the vehicles keep getting better and better. Look at the cobra R’s of the early, and mid 90s. They are not hot ticket sellers. Why would you buy a car that was hot in its time, for top dollar when you can have new and improved for the same or less money?
Why buy a boss Laguna Seca when a new mustang GT is less or equal money and faster and better?
Look at the 2000 cobra R, a low mile original is $50-$75k. 385 hp. Awesome 18 years ago, lame today. For the same money you can buy a new GT350/R and are worlds ahead in all aspects. Until the day comes that history repeats itself, car values will not climb. As I always say.....
A cars value is only worth what the seller is willing to sell it for, and what the buyer is willing to buy it for.
Another reason some of the old muscle cars hold/ have extreme value is that is back when all of your options were a la carte. You could truly build a car exactly how only you wanted it, and could even get options not offered if you knew the right people.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I had never even heard of a Boss 302 until joining this forum after buying my car. I couldn't stand Mustangs.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That's probably over 50% of the GT350 owners.
Based on comments from some I'd agree that many are clueless when it comes to not only Mustangs but cars in general.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
+1 on this. :)
That’s true. I bet a lot of people don’t get what the boss mustang represents to ford. More so then the Shelby. Each boss sold came with a book covering the history of the boss. The book covers why ford decided to bring back the boss. Race the boss before bringing it to market. Then racing it for another 4 years and winning many championships. Just to like back in 1970. A few years back you could buy a boss 302R or boss 302S from ford performance and go racing. It even had a part #. It’s a shame the Shelby GT 350 with the voodoo engine didn’t work out for ford performance. They never built a race version with that engine to sell to the public like the boss.

Last edited:

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That's probably over 50% of the GT350 owners.
At first I was pissed off with this comment then I paused, tripped over my psyche shoe laces, and though...hot damn, this dookie head is probably right. :doh:

betterthansx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (looking for)
Another reason some of the old muscle cars hold/ have extreme value is that is back when all of your options were a la carte. You could truly build a car exactly how only you wanted it, and could even get options not offered if you knew the right people.
I think the BIGGEST reason that classic muscle cars, or any classic cars for that matter, are worth anything is because people are willing to pay for them.

It is the nostalgia factor. No one buys them because they perform well. A new Camry will pull on most muscle cars.

It is because when people were growing up, they saw these cars and always aspired to have them, but were too young or didn't have enough money.

I think as the 80's and 90's kids get older, the classic muscle cars will keep going down in value, and the 80's and 90's cars like the Fox bodies, Supras and RX-7's will continue to go upward as they already have started to.

A few cars will hold their value as there is always going to be a customer for that certain thing, but the bell curve will just shift as time moves on.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
People this isn’t the 1960-70s.
The “ONLY” reason why the original muscle cars have any value is because they died off because of the EPA and gas shortage in the early 70s.
Today we dont have that problem “yet”. And the vehicles keep getting better and better. Look at the cobra R’s of the early, and mid 90s. They are not hot ticket sellers. Why would you buy a car that was hot in its time, for top dollar when you can have new and improved for the same or less money?
Why buy a boss Laguna Seca when a new mustang GT is less or equal money and faster and better?
Look at the 2000 cobra R, a low mile original is $50-$75k. 385 hp. Awesome 18 years ago, lame today. For the same money you can buy a new GT350/R and are worlds ahead in all aspects. Until the day comes that history repeats itself, car values will not climb. As I always say.....
A cars value is only worth what the seller is willing to sell it for, and what the buyer is willing to buy it for.
On the bold, add in the fact that almost nobody back then thought they would be worth squat down the road and drove them into the ground. And production numbers on a lot of the special cars really was minimal.

These are the days of garage queens and speculators to a large degree, IMO....

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
At first I was pissed off with this comment then I paused, tripped over my psyche shoe laces, and though...hot damn, this dookie head is probably right. :doh:
Why would you be pissed? I'm not a muscle car person, and as someone who was moved by European sports/track cars, the previous Mustangs offered nothing to interest me. Solid rear axle and an engine making less than a hundred hp per liter? I know plenty of people are into muscle cars, and I wouldn't be pissed if they had never heard of a 3.0CSL. I would think instead of being pissed there'd be a sense of pride that cars like the GT350 swayed so many of us who had no interest in muscle cars.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Ford collector cars have a great deal of racing heritage. You can trace back the highly valuable cars to that heritage. It’s just that simple for Ford cars. Certain mustangs have that heritage. Most don’t.
Sponsored