Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Took a little less than $3k off a $50k msrp car.
My car was 53,655 x-plan took it down to 50,928 and then I got 1500 off of that which took it to 49,428 plus tax I ended up paying 50,043 for my car that was originally 53k. Well, actually I payed 51,043 but a grand was my deposit of my car.
Sponsored

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
My car was 53,655 x-plan took it down to 50,928 and then I got 1500 off of that which took it to 49,428 plus tax I ended up paying 50,043 for my car that was originally 53k. Well, actually I payed 51,043 but a grand was my deposit of my car.
Based on the options you list, I'm not coming up with a $53,600 sticker. What else did you order?

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
Now available for the 2018 Mustang - the Steeda Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter:

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Tri-Ax-Race-Short-Throw-Shifter-2018_p_14130.html

steeda-s550-mustang-gt-mt-82-tri-ax-race-short-throw-shifter-15-16-gt-555-3717-00.jpg

30% throw reduction
20% lighter than the competition
Eliminates slop and shifter deflection
Shift knob sits 1" lower for ideal 'power shifting' position
Top-loaded installation with adjustable springs, in-car assembly
Retains factory pull-up reverse lockout, OE thread pitch, and back-up camera functionality
Includes Steeda's Shifter Base Bushing Bracket
Precision-fit bushings for a direct positive feeling shift
Lifetime Steeda warranty
Made in the USA

TJ
That plug *♂

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Now available for the 2018 Mustang - the Steeda Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter:

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Tri-Ax-Race-Short-Throw-Shifter-2018_p_14130.html

steeda-s550-mustang-gt-mt-82-tri-ax-race-short-throw-shifter-15-16-gt-555-3717-00.jpg

30% throw reduction
20% lighter than the competition
Eliminates slop and shifter deflection
Shift knob sits 1" lower for ideal 'power shifting' position
Top-loaded installation with adjustable springs, in-car assembly
Retains factory pull-up reverse lockout, OE thread pitch, and back-up camera functionality
Includes Steeda's Shifter Base Bushing Bracket
Precision-fit bushings for a direct positive feeling shift
Lifetime Steeda warranty
Made in the USA

TJ
My shifter throw is short enough, but I am waiting for dyno numbers on your intake/tune setup.

Sponsored

lightningBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prospective buyer
Where's all the new vin #'s that were supposed to be given out today?
I have heard nothing yet. So frustrating. My dealer said he will call the Ford Rep and get back to me. That was two days ago. Haven't heard anything.

I see a car in the color I want in my area. Except it has black interior not midnight blue, and doesn't have active exhaust and doesnt have safe and smart package. So tempted to get it anyway.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
I have heard nothing yet. So frustrating. My dealer said he will call the Ford Rep and get back to me. That was two days ago. Haven't heard anything.

I see a car in the color I want in my area. Except it has black interior not midnight blue, and doesn't have active exhaust and doesnt have safe and smart package. So tempted to get it anyway.
I cancelled my order and am having a local car delivered tomorrow. I'm ok with waiting, but I'm sick of not hearing shit from Ford.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Check the Glove Box

Your vehicle may have been a quality Control selection. Where a car is randomly pulled off the line and gone over by the engineers. My 2005 Thunderbird was an example of this. There was a disclosure form in the glove box stating what was done and that the mileage was added to the warranty. If this is the case you can be sure everything is working properly and has been adjusted to be spot on. Enjoy your new ride it looks great.

Last edited:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
So I was going to go in today to see if they could do the buyer's order and lock in incentives, but my salesman called and said not to and that I could only lock in incentives on the day of order or "closer to the delivery date," and said to wait until at least 2/1 to come in to lock in incentives. Is that how it is or are they blowing smoke? The $1,500 cash is eligible through April according to Ford.com, but my $750 direct offer expires 1/31. So that would be out, hopefully I can just re-trigger it by doing another trade-in estimate.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
My car is at the dealer but we've still got six inches of snow on my street. So I can't get my summer tired Miata out to take in or my Mustang back until we get some thawing. Fortunately we're supposed to warm up a little this weekend. Unfortunately I doubt that my street will be clear enough to make it out on Saturday and the dealer is closed on Sunday. :frusty:

My wife hit the 750 private cash offer for filling out the "get trade-in value" form on the Ford site. She used different email and street addresses so it appears that it may be keying on people who aren't already in their system.

It says Fusion on it because that's what she put in as her interest. As anyone used one of these that says something else on a Mustang? The disclaimers say "most Ford/Lincoln" vehicles so hopefully the claim code isn't keyed to a particular model.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
My car is at the dealer but we've still got six inches of snow on my street. So I can't get my summer tired Miata out to take in or my Mustang back until we get some thawing. Fortunately we're supposed to warm up a little this weekend. Unfortunately I doubt that my street will be clear enough to make it out on Saturday and the dealer is closed on Sunday. :frusty:

My wife hit the 750 private cash offer for filling out the "get trade-in value" form on the Ford site. She used different email and street addresses so it appears that it may be keying on people who aren't already in their system.

It says Fusion on it because that's what she put in as her interest. As anyone used one of these that says something else on a Mustang? The disclaimers say "most Ford/Lincoln" vehicles so hopefully the claim code isn't keyed to a particular model.
I'm going to try again from my work pc/email and hope it works after 1 Feb, if not I'll have the fiancée try... $750 is $750. I don't think they are specific to the vehicle. It just generates the image and name of the car, but the fine print does not appear to be specific.

"Disclaimers: ¹2017/2018 vehicles: $500 on Fiesta & Focus. $750 on most Ford or Lincoln vehicles. Not available on Ford GT, F-150 Raptor, Focus RS, Mustang Shelby® GT350 or Lincoln Navigator. May not combine with other private, conquest or commercial offers. A/Z/D Plan ineligible. Nontransferable out of household. Limit one per household. U.S. residents. Must redeem using original offer; no duplicates accepted. Prior purchases not eligible. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 01/31/2018. See dealer for details. Note to dealer: Claim in VINCENT using ######and customer ID."

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I was going to go in today to see if they could do the buyer's order and lock in incentives, but my salesman called and said not to and that I could only lock in incentives on the day of order or "closer to the delivery date," and said to wait until at least 2/1 to come in to lock in incentives. Is that how it is or are they blowing smoke? The $1,500 cash is eligible through April according to Ford.com, but my $750 direct offer expires 1/31. So that would be out, hopefully I can just re-trigger it by doing another trade-in estimate.
I’m still unable to trigger the trade in estimate rebate

BigBoss5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP Premium
My car is in transit and EDD has been updated to 1/22. Should i wait for my dealer to give me a call? Im tempted to just call them to confirm.
Sponsored