Sponsored

2018 Mustang No Active Exhaust

Yaculloan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic PP
Hello everyone,
I just picked up a 2018 PP manual GT without active exhaust. Car sounds pretty good as is, however I was wondering if the exhaust system is completely different on the non "active exhaust" (ae) models.

Upon further inspection I looked inside my muffler and to me looked a lot like a butterfly valve inside the muffler. I am wondering if anyone knows more information to possible open this said valve.

This is also my first post, funny story on this car. One month ago I bought a 17PP GT "brand new", from a ford dealership with 699 miles. I drove about two hours to pick this car up and the miles weren't disclosed to me until I test drove it.

I asked about the miles and apparently they sold it some other guy, and a month later they "rewinded" the title because his bank didn't approve the loan. I still bought the car and put 700 miles on it, I started to noticed small issues with the car. The biggest was the headlights fogging up which I read was normal to some extent. While me and the service manager were looking with the hood up, we saw black RTV sealing the headlights and bondo residue coming from the back of the headlights. The previous owner blacked out the side marker and the dealership never caught it...... :frusty:

Anyways long story short I got my 2018 for a steal . :ford:

Coming from a 96 eagle talon awd turbo, the s550's are friken awesome.

IcHTlnN.jpg
Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I test drove one without the active exhaust and two with it, basically your car is in what would be "normal" mode on the AE as far as my hearing could tell.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Smart decision. Now you can slap on a Corsa Sport and have the best sound all the time! Great pic and enjoy the car.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Can the Ford active exhaust system be added later or do you have to get it installed at the factory?

Sponsored

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
Hello everyone,
I just picked up a 2018 PP manual GT without active exhaust. Car sounds pretty good as is, however I was wondering if the exhaust system is completely different on the non "active exhaust" (ae) models.

Upon further inspection I looked inside my muffler and to me looked a lot like a butterfly valve inside the muffler. I am wondering if anyone knows more information to possible open this said valve.

This is also my first post, funny story on this car. One month ago I bought a 17PP GT "brand new", from a ford dealership with 699 miles. I drove about two hours to pick this car up and the miles weren't disclosed to me until I test drove it.

I asked about the miles and apparently they sold it some other guy, and a month later they "rewinded" the title because his bank didn't approve the loan. I still bought the car and put 700 miles on it, I started to noticed small issues with the car. The biggest was the headlights fogging up which I read was normal to some extent. While me and the service manager were looking with the hood up, we saw black RTV sealing the headlights and bondo residue coming from the back of the headlights. The previous owner blacked out the side marker and the dealership never caught it...... :frusty:

Anyways long story short I got my 2018 for a steal . :ford:

Coming from a 96 eagle talon awd turbo, the s550's are friken awesome.

IcHTlnN.jpg
I have exactly same configuration (if you have 301A)

And where did you see this valve ? I have not checked on mine yet but I'd like it to be a little bit louder some times, but not to the point of having highway drone or loudness as it is my daily

Seeing how the exhaust system is, removing the resonator and put an X pipe would make it crazy loud I think....

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I have a non-active 2018 as well (magnetic master race), and it sounds 10 times better stock than my 2015 stock exhaust sounded!

I have not looked into the mufflers of mine, but sound wise it sounds like normal mode in the active exhaust. I have an x-pipe resonator Delete that I will be installing soon, which should really open her up.

Here is a video of my stock exhaust with resonator in my instagram;

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd1g1_-Fj68/

OP
OP
Yaculloan

Yaculloan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic PP
I have exactly same configuration (if you have 301A)

And where did you see this valve ? I have not checked on mine yet but I'd like it to be a little bit louder some times, but not to the point of having highway drone or loudness as it is my daily

Seeing how the exhaust system is, removing the resonator and put an X pipe would make it crazy loud I think....
When you get a chance look inside the muffler, look into the outer tip and you can see a gold looking butterfly valve. Wondering if you can hook up the ford parts and install it for less than the package itself.... Although I doubt ford would make it that trivial. :headbonk:

Can the Ford active exhaust system be added later or do you have to get it installed at the factory?
Not sure yet, trying to figure that out!

That photo might have sold me on magnetic.
It's an amazing color, black is hard to keep clean!

Sponsored

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
OP, your dealer, Autonation, is that the one in Tustin or Torrance?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
It's an amazing color, black is hard to keep clean!
The magnetic gets pretty much just as dirty as black. As soon as I wash mine it’s almost instantaneously dirty again within a day. Never again :p

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Lol funny I have a black 18 on order but the magnetic looks nice . But if it truly is as hard as black to keep clean black would be sexier haha