Installed Eibach sport springs on gt pp and feels kinda off

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
If it's what I think it is I might be able to help out. If you did the drop, I'm guessing you did it in your garage off of jack stands. If so, you probably had the suspension at full droop when you tighten everything up. Am I right? The problem is your suspension is binding and not working properly. I'm almost certain if you measure from the ground up to the top of your fender wells they will all be uneven from the suspension not settling properly. What you need to do is the following, prior to getting the alignment have the guy drive the car onto the lift and raise it. Then loosen all the control arm bolts so that the car settles down to ride height. Then torque all bolts TO SPECS and proceed with alignment. I contacted BMR when I was having the same issue and they were the ones that told me what might be the problem. Sure enough that was it.
That's only if you don't do the sub frame lower install. Although, that one is probably a heck of a lot easier to get the spring out versus the sub frame lower. Downside is needing to re-torque things while under load.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
That's only if you don't do the sub frame lower install. Although, that one is probably a heck of a lot easier to get the spring out versus the sub frame lower. Downside is needing to re-torque things while under load.
Clocking the bushings is suggested regardless of whether the subframe was lowered or not. It has to do with the standing height of the suspension and the fact bushings, properly installed, are to be torqued at ride height. He has a new right height, so they need to be re-clocked... easy process except for the front rear control arm bushing (the bolt for that is hard to get to).

OP
OP

Rudy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt PP
If it's what I think it is I might be able to help out. If you did the drop, I'm guessing you did it in your garage off of jack stands. If so, you probably had the suspension at full droop when you tighten everything up. Am I right? The problem is your suspension is binding and not working properly. I'm almost certain if you measure from the ground up to the top of your fender wells they will all be uneven from the suspension not settling properly. What you need to do is the following, prior to getting the alignment have the guy drive the car onto the lift and raise it. Then loosen all the control arm bolts so that the car settles down to ride height. Then torque all bolts TO SPECS and proceed with alignment. I contacted BMR when I was having the same issue and they were the ones that told me what might be the problem. Sure enough that was it.
I will surely do this. Thank you

OP
OP

Rudy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt PP
The “wind” feeling you’re experiencing is most likely toe-out in your alignment. Toe-out is a natural reaction in the suspension when lowering the car. Getting a proper alignment with a 0 to .12 toe-in will resolve things (or at least help greatly).

[MENTION=28654]Nagare[/MENTION] is absolutely right with ensuring your bump stops are proper. I believe Eibach springs come with new bump stops...did you install these? Did you trim your stock bits?

Lastly, shocks and struts. The Koni’s you mentioned will for sure help, but frankly may be more than what you need (both performance and price wise). Explore the forum for other options and opinions; I’ll always recommend Steeda pro-actions as I know they’re great from personal experience.
Yea the guy did put the new bump stops that the springs came with
After changing the bumpstops...does trimming still need to be done? If so, then i dont think he did

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rudy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt PP
Clocking the bushings is suggested regardless of whether the subframe was lowered or not. It has to do with the standing height of the suspension and the fact bushings, properly installed, are to be torqued at ride height. He has a new right height, so they need to be re-clocked... easy process except for the front rear control arm bushing (the bolt for that is hard to get to).
Since you are mentioning bushings.... After doing the install of the springs, theres a loud spongy like sound whenever i hit a bump during street driving
Any suggestions as to what it could be?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Bump stops is what it could be. Like I said, I installed the Eibach ones when I put on my Pro Actions and Sportlines and was still riding the bump stops. Put on the Steeda bump stops to the shorter level and much better after that. It was squeaking over speed bumps before too.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You want about 1" travel at curb weight (unloaded parked car) before you hit the bump stop (rule of thumb). The Eibach bump stops do not accomplish this.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not the first time people have felt the car is weird on eibachs without trimmed bumpstops. Run trimmed stock bumpstops. The eibach ones are softer and won't provide adequate protection if they're trimmed.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Sponsored