Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
This is Bullshit. I stopped by the Dealership on Saturday and shook the tree. No one had any hard info about my order.
I ordered my car on August 21st 2017. The Dealership Owner called today and said my car is scheduled to be built 12 /12/2017 and I should get it just after the New Year.
I have never waited so long for a new car.
Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Now that I know roughly when the car will be delivered, I need to sell my Miata....

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
Has anyone had trouble just getting their order number? I ordered mine a week ago, but still can't get the order number from the dealership. I obviously don't expect to have the car anytime soon, but would love to know the order number.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had trouble just getting their order number? I ordered mine a week ago, but still can't get the order number from the dealership. I obviously don't expect to have the car anytime soon, but would love to know the order number.
ask for a VOC or a Dora. That'll have your order number.. :)

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I still cant decide what to order. Very torn. Either going to be a fully loaded Eco with 201A, Auto, Safe & Smart, PP, Magnaride or GT Premium, 401a, Auto, Active exhaust. Will probably need to test drive. It comes down to is the PP + Magnaride more enjoyable than the V8.

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Special Ordered Cars Only

This is something I do not understand My last 4 vehicles were ordered at the Dealer and after I signed the paperwork I was given a printout of what I ordered and an ASSIGNED ORDER NUMBER I have no idea what Ford is now doing during the 2018 ordering process. Example, holding back options till a later date. (Wheels, colors, packages), and then having to purchase a package just to get the option you want. This whole process could be made much simpler just by offering an OPTION PAGE with prices that you could choose from just by checking the blocks. Just like the old days where you chose the MODEL, TRIM LEVEL, and EQUIPMENT. It was that simple and it worked real well.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
, and then having to purchase a package just to get the option you want. This whole process could be made much simpler just by offering an OPTION PAGE with prices that you could choose from just by checking the blocks. Just like the old days where you chose the MODEL, TRIM LEVEL, and EQUIPMENT. It was that simple and it worked real well.
Doing packages versus allowing selection of every single option both reduces the overall cost and makes the overall manufacturing process quicker and most likely - more accurate.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I'm told that my order has a "compatibility" problem. Argh. The dealer was having trouble getting the ordering system to accept Recaro seats along with the 201A package when I ordered. The way it was showed on the VOC ('S' instead of '88S' for the code) I wondered if it was right. :frusty:

Dealer is going to call a guy and and figure it out tomorrow. I asked them to move my priority up to make sure it's not delayed by this. We'll see.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
My dealer said I still don't have an estimated delivery date, but the production date is actually Nov 27th instead of the 29th. Seems strange that people with later build dates are already seeing estimated delivery dates. I should have bit the bullet and bought a premium. Seems like they built those first.

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
My dealer said I still don't have an estimated delivery date, but the production date is actually Nov 27th instead of the 29th. Seems strange that people with later build dates are already seeing estimated delivery dates. I should have bit the bullet and bought a premium. Seems like they built those first.
I had to start all over with my Military Auto Sales order (because I missed the fact that "spoiler delete" was not entered on my original, Sep 18 order).

I got order number and estimated date of delivery (Feb 20 2018) the very next day. Of course that date could be a placeholder and change, so I will be sure to update as it goes along the line.

Another interesting note was that I received a whole new order number, but then that disappeared and my OLD order number came alive again, this time with spoiler delete. But I don't have a VIN. The first time I ordered, it took about 4 weeks to get my VIN.

Updates as they come in, for anyone who is interested...

Sponsored

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Are you showing up on cotus already or is that info your dealer gave you?
Military auto sales has its own tracking website, but once I get a VIN from that military website then I can look at COTUS as well. Before I had to change my order, the military website said “production scheduled“ but no date, and COTUS said “order processing” at the same time.

Jaggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2018 GT in Kona Blue
Well, I ordered back on September 8 and I have an estimated delivery date of Jan 10 but no build date, so go figure. Mine is a premium BTW.

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
It's a server error, so is happening to everyone. who has the canada link?

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP