H_Cons

Run_N_Gun
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamp
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
About 2-3 weeks ago I installed a set of steeda progressive springs on my 2016 gt. Everything seemed to be going good until about 2 days ago I noticed that every time I run over a speed bump or any bump for that matter my rear seemed to be bottoming out. The fronts seem cool but its pretty bad in rear specifically the rear driver side. At least when i hit a bump it feels like the rear driver side is bottoming out pretty bad. I checked the rears today and everything seemed to be installed properly. All the bolts are tightened and i didn't really notice anything too unusual except for some fluid leaking from part of the suspension (not sure of the part name but check out the pics). I checked the right side and i didn't notice this leak. Im not sure if this may be the cause but i appreciate everyones input as I am stumped right now.
stang 3.jpeg
stang 1.jpeg
stang 2.jpeg
stang 4.jpeg
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i would think you blew a shock. that's all it can be from the looks of it.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Yea your stock shocks probably didn't like the lowering springs and blew. Time for better shocks.

sublimaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
The bad news: That shock is done.
The good news: Now you have a very good reason to replace them with better ones :thumbsup:

I also have Steeda progressive springs. I installed Steeda Pro-Action non-adjustable shocks & struts, and they are 100x better than stock (but if I did it again, I'd probably pony up for adjustables).

Lots of people seem to like Vikings too.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Send me your contact info - let's get you a good deal on a set ahead of Black Friday.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
About 2-3 weeks ago I installed a set of steeda progressive springs on my 2016 gt. Everything seemed to be going good until about 2 days ago I noticed that every time I run over a speed bump or any bump for that matter my rear seemed to be bottoming out. The fronts seem cool but its pretty bad in rear specifically the rear driver side. At least when i hit a bump it feels like the rear driver side is bottoming out pretty bad. I checked the rears today and everything seemed to be installed properly. All the bolts are tightened and i didn't really notice anything too unusual except for some fluid leaking from part of the suspension (not sure of the part name but check out the pics). I checked the right side and i didn't notice this leak. Im not sure if this may be the cause but i appreciate everyones input as I am stumped right now.
Make sure you use a torque wrench and torque to approx 24 ft lbs while keeping the shock shaft from spinning. If you use a pneumatic air gun and spin the shaft inside shock you will destroy the seal and score the piston.

Steeda Tech

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I'd send you one of my stock PP shocks if you had a 2015.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
+1 Looks like a bad shock.

I'd upgrade rather than replace with the same part. I also recommend the Steeda Pro-Actions. I'm happy with mine, I went non-adjustable.
Sponsored