Sponsored

Tuning 2016 Auto Mustang

TheKHammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Need some help with tuning my 2016 GT Auto! It is stock except some Roush axlebacks.

Basically looking for some advice between a Lund tune + nGauge + new CAI or Ford Performance Power Pack 2.

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks
Sponsored

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Lund for sure! Do a search there is a ton of info already posted including a review of my Lund tune and experience dealing with Lund for revisions. You WILL NOT regret it! If E85 is available in your area go with the Flex Fuel tune!

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Lund flex tune. Very happy with drivability and performance. Also did JLT CAI/LU47 injectors/GT350 manifold. The tune WOT shift with the GT350 manifold is 7750 from Lund. Drivability is great. Nothing lost low. Top end is insane. Would do all again.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I just picked up a nGauge Lund tune combo from Beefcake a few months ago very happy with both the nGaue and the tune. I didn’t think it would make a big difference but it did. The auto tuning is well done. The nGauge is a nice unit as well with a good refresh rate. I think Beefcake has the nGauge 10% off soon? Might be worth waiting a bit if you want to save some money well worth it at full price though.

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I'll keep an eye peeled for the discount as I've been researching Ngage & Lund, thanks for the heads up^.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
AED. /thread

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I run Lund but I'd also consider AED or Livernois.

Lund frustrates me as they're unwilling to make any changes to the tune. My idle is set to 800 and i asked them to put it back to factory. I was told no. Pretty much every tune adjustment I asked for has been declined. If you want better customer service go with someone else. Lund will only update a tune if you've changed parts.

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Take a look at Rob Shoemaker. He just partnered up with Ken B at Palm Beach Dyno. I have a Rob Shoemaker tune on my Auto and E85 and I love it! Shifts normal under light throttle but when you stand on it, it shifts hard! Mine will bark the tires when it shifts at ~75 mph! Rob's customer service is outstanding and he is always very responsive to any messages I send. I don't have to fill out any forms to get tune updates or changes. I just shoot him a quick message on FB or via email and I promptly get what I'm asking for. Hard to beat that!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Our lund tune is as good as it gets.

def the way to go, we will have some great lund packages for black friday

keep an eye on our bf section

www.teambeefcakeracing.com

Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lund frustrates me as they're unwilling to make any changes to the tune. My idle is set to 800 and i asked them to put it back to factory. I was told no. Pretty much every tune adjustment I asked for has been declined. If you want better customer service go with someone else. Lund will only update a tune if you've changed parts.
I had a similar experience.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
I run Lund but I'd also consider AED or Livernois.

I had the exact opposite experience, Lund (Jon II) worked with me on shifts both wot and part throttle until I was happy...shift-points as well. I had great communication and quick turn-around times also.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you should be able to get the idle put where you want it at. , usually very easy to work with

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

I have used AED, Lund and PBD.

Lund:
It really depends on who does your tune, Lund has a team of tuners, some have more patience than others, also guess it depends what mood you catch them in. As such I found mixed results. Dakota there is really fantastic and their Whipple SC tunes drive absolutely amazing well, way better than stock Whipple.

AED:
You pay Shaun (owner of AED) for a tune, and he writes your tune, so your dealing with the man himself. However he can either be quite nice to deal with or quite blunt, his tunes are good but if you have an issue the customer service aspect can be mixed. Shaun has the best 350 tune for drive ability, unfortunately for me (UK car) I had issues with false knock which would of probably required re-writing tune from ground up, something Shaun did not have time to do. I think Shaun also has a reputation for the best A6 tunes, as they remain smooth but fast.

PBD:
Ken is one of the best, but he is also crazy busy, but you buy a PBD tune and Ken does the tune and he is great for the power adder guys. He now has a guy onboard called Trevor, who did me an NA tune and I have to say the attention to detail and customer service was above and beyond. Not only that his NA tune gave me the best trap speeds of any of the tunes in quarter mile and gained me close to 60HP (crank) and he was willing to adjust/change anything I requested. In short he wrote me a tune from ground up, he did not just pull an already tune from the shelf, he wrote a new one from ground up as I had quite unusual request such as zero modification to DBW and throttle tables as I really dislike the gas pedal to feel pedal maxed or sprint boosted. As such the car was not only fastest on PBD tune, it also drove the best.

From my experience if you want a pedal boosted type tune NA, go Lund, if you have a Whipple go Lund.

If you have a GT 350 setup go Shaun at AED.

If you have a unique boosted setup, Roush, Whipple go PBD and ask for Ken. If you want an NA tune with smooth gas or stock pedal, great gains and fantastic one to one support go PBD and ask for Trevor. :)

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi there

I have used AED, Lund and PBD.

Lund:
It really depends on who does your tune, Lund has a team of tuners, some have more patience than others, also guess it depends what mood you catch them in. As such I found mixed results. Dakota there is really fantastic and their Whipple SC tunes drive absolutely amazing well, way better than stock Whipple.

AED:
You pay Shaun (owner of AED) for a tune, and he writes your tune, so your dealing with the man himself. However he can either be quite nice to deal with or quite blunt, his tunes are good but if you have an issue the customer service aspect can be mixed. Shaun has the best 350 tune for drive ability, unfortunately for me (UK car) I had issues with false knock which would of probably required re-writing tune from ground up, something Shaun did not have time to do. I think Shaun also has a reputation for the best A6 tunes, as they remain smooth but fast.

PBD:
Ken is one of the best, but he is also crazy busy, but you buy a PBD tune and Ken does the tune and he is great for the power adder guys. He now has a guy onboard called Trevor, who did me an NA tune and I have to say the attention to detail and customer service was above and beyond. Not only that his NA tune gave me the best trap speeds of any of the tunes in quarter mile and gained me close to 60HP (crank) and he was willing to adjust/change anything I requested. In short he wrote me a tune from ground up, he did not just pull an already tune from the shelf, he wrote a new one from ground up as I had quite unusual request such as zero modification to DBW and throttle tables as I really dislike the gas pedal to feel pedal maxed or sprint boosted. As such the car was not only fastest on PBD tune, it also drove the best.

From my experience if you want a pedal boosted type tune NA, go Lund, if you have a Whipple go Lund.

If you have a GT 350 setup go Shaun at AED.

If you have a unique boosted setup, Roush, Whipple go PBD and ask for Ken. If you want an NA tune with smooth gas or stock pedal, great gains and fantastic one to one support go PBD and ask for Trevor. :)
Interesting info, thanks. What was your setup with the PBD NA tune? What did the car trap and what was the DA?
Sponsored