Fyi 305 30 19 fitment with Ford Racing struts

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 magnetic Mustang GT premium non performance p
Some of you may remember that I'm attempting to run the MRR 350 Wheels with the 10-inch on the front 305 30-19. I found something interesting I wanted to share with you guys maybe you already knew maybe some of you didn't. Just a recap I ordered one wheel mounted the tire on it put it on my car and it rubs pretty decently against my strut you could turn it but you really had to put some effort into it rubs pretty hard on the strut so I ordered a set of Ford Racing struts to match my Ford racing springs and the first thing I noticed when I pulled them out of the box was right below the spring perch they are a little flat we're my factory struts are round which I was very excited to see because it looks like the same area where I was rubbing and I made a little video to show you the results of that it is still barely touching but I believe with a slight alignment adjustment I will not have to run any sort of a wheel spacer and this is going to work great I tried to take a picture of the flat spot on the strut and for some reason it's just not very noticeable on the pictures but I thought you guys might find that interesting and understand that by running the Ford Racing strut you can run a wider Tire ill post a pic of the factory struts and the ford racing strut you see a larger smudge and a very thin smudge with the new strut. Here is a link to the video https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_P5MTOdRcd4cWd3dXJQazdoR0U/view?usp=drivesdk
rps20170811_142233.jpg
rps20170907_202729.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Not a single period was harmed in this post.....

Lol, my performance pack struts had the flat in there to begin with. Maybe that isn't the case on the standard struts?
That's cool. The regular GT struts are round

VibeMotorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vibemotorsports.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2019 F150 Shelby Super Snake

Sponsored

OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Hey brother,

Doing the 5mm spacer should work to drop it down to a +35mm,
If they where only a 19x10+35mm out the box would have been great..

Cant wait to finish the set up for you at the end.
Hey man how are you. I'm back out of state again. I got those spacers in the mail a couple of days ago but I honestly don't think I'm going to need them now with that strut giving me the extra clearance
I think a slight alignment shift and I'm good to go. now I just need to put back the money for the rest of my wheels

OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
The 295/30/19 I’m running almost touched. The little hairs touch the. the 305 30-19 that I'm running rubbed hard after replacing the factory struts with the Ford Racing strut right below the spring perch they are flattened a little bit which made all the difference in the world and it was still barely touching I posted a little video of how free it was spinning but still ever so barely touching and what made the difference was the Steeda camber bolts which actually will move the strut slightly away from the wheel and I was able to get my alignment back to OEM spec and the tires are not rubbing now they do rub just a little lock to lock so I can't turn it all the way but they do not touch the struts anymore as soon as I get my last wheel I'll post a thread on how they look. I have a little video of the clearance that they have now I'll try to get that posted

OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
I'm looking at 20x10.5 +45 with nitto 555 g2 305/30/20 and a 8-10 mm Spacer up front car is pp with Sp080 BMR lowering springs. Really hoping this combo will work. Heard I may need plates and possible camber bolts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking at 20x10.5 +45 with nitto 555 g2 305/30/20 and a 8-10 mm Spacer up front car is pp with Sp080 BMR lowering springs. Really hoping this combo will work. Heard I may need plates and possible camber bolts.
camber bolts was the last thing I done that made it all work. install the camber bolts realign the car.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I'll have to check mine, I was very very close to the front stock strut with my 19x10 fronts and had to use a 6.5mm spacer to gain a small gap. I just put the FR kit on and forgot to check this clearance again.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Camber bolts will make clearance for to the strut worse, FYI, unless you're taking camber out. If you like spirited driving you'll want -1.7-2 deg of camber, and a bit more than that for road course use.

OP
OP
Grey16gt

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Right in my case I had done drop Springs so the camber bolts pushed out 1.8 degrees was in the direction I needed to get further away from the strut and to put my car in proper alignment3

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
camber bolts was the last thing I done that made it all work. install the camber bolts realign the car.
So this removes camber from wheel to strut and moves the top of the wheel out. Kind of decreases contact when cornering hard, make negating some of the added tire. I saw your video, and you got tons of space compared to my 295, lol. I'm not running camber bolts. I'm glad that setup worked out for you. I think I'm going to end up getting those steeda sways, the k-brace, and replacing my 19x10 fronts with 19x11 fronts to run the 305 properly.
Sponsored