2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
The question is.... What would be cheaper? (We all know that that's what Ford wants)
S550 based, at least initially. CD6 offers advantages due to company wide volume, electrification, and future potential for advanced material usage.

Jason Castriota is someone's work you should be looking at aswell.
Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Whilst I'm glad Ford listen to feedback, I hope they don't feel the '18 MCA is a step back. I know many '15-'17 owners have been very vocal, but its natural for many owners of a current car (which they love) to be critical about any changes. Beauty is, after all, in the eye of the beholder.

We hear the same outcry with every new generation or MCA.......but give it 6 months and many of those detractors end up liking it.

For me, the '18 is progressive, and "fixes" the only problems I had with the '15, which was the headlamps and lower fascia (although I'll admit, the '18 lower fascia has taken time to grow on me)

Interesting you bring up the Lincoln Aviator. That is, indeed, a very handsome car and, if I'm not mistaken, it was penned by Kemal Curic, designer of the '15 Mustang. I'd be happy for him to have the pen that designs the '22 :)
The S197 group hasn't warmed up to it yet,and I think the S550 is just plain ugly,I would never buy one if something ever happened to my S197,I would be out of Mustangs.:clap2:

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
S550 based, at least initially. CD6 offers advantages due to company wide volume, electrification, and future potential for advanced material usage.
So.. I guess that's what we will be seeing (not complaining though). What matters (for the "money-people") is the short-term.

(I guess Ford will let "Future Ford" worry about the mid and long-term :lol: )

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
There has been alot of feedback about the 18 mca, and and the 6th gen camaro, and 19 camaro MCA. Many feel it's a step backwards. Ford wants to be seen as progressive across the whole company Mustang included so its a very delibrate step.
Like I've said before, I really do think more people like the 18 MCA more than those who dislike it. It's just that those who dislike it talk louder.

Like Twin Turbo said, the same thing happens every single update... the general public likes it, the owners of the previous gen hate it, and the enthusiasts are split down the middle. It was the same way when the 2010 body style came out (Didn't look retro enough), when the S550 came out (looked "too sporty" (although the mustang is a sports car, but thats a conversation for another time)), and when the 18 came out (looks too squished in the front).

Personally, I've liked every update that has come out, but I can understand why people don't like them... it's because Ford really needs to step up their game when it comes to debuting a new Mustang. For the 2015 car, they debuted an ecoboost, and while the differences are subtle, it was enough to make me question it. When they debuted (leaked) the 2018, they used the same AWFUL angle for the whole video, and also debuted it in a VERY unflattering color. I honestly hated it at first, but after seeing better angles and colors, I like it (obviously, I bought one).

Jason Castriota is someone's work you should be looking at aswell.
This has me excited. I always loved the Maserati Gran Turismo and thought it is a great base design for a Mustang evolution... it looks super aggressive and has great proportions while still being a comfortably sized Grand Tourer

Sponsored

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Jason’s working BEV

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
^lol

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline

djdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoVert
I’m starting to think I should wait for a 2020 ...hmmm. I wonder how much the hybrid will cost me ?

Sponsored

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
If it is a 400 HP or equivalent performance 0-60 and 1/4 mile 32MPG or up, north of 40k would be for me. If they just come out with a hybrid that gets upper 13's, it will likely fail regardless of how much fuel you save. You know it's going to be more expensive than current model, so Ford really has to come on strong with performance. If they do, it would be a monster.

I cannot justify getting a v8, but a hybrid with the gas millage of a current ecoboost that can do 1/4 mile in low to mid 13's stock would be awesome.

djdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoVert
If it is a 400 HP or equivalent performance 0-60 and 1/4 mile 32MPG or up, north of 40k would be for me. If they just come out with a hybrid that gets upper 13's, it will likely fail regardless of how much fuel you save.

40k ? Ouch.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
If it is a 400 HP or equivalent performance 0-60 and 1/4 mile 32MPG or up, north of 40k would be for me. If they just come out with a hybrid that gets upper 13's, it will likely fail regardless of how much fuel you save. You know it's going to be more expensive than current model, so Ford really has to come on strong with performance. If they do, it would be a monster.

I cannot justify getting a v8, but a hybrid with the gas millage of a current ecoboost that can do 1/4 mile in low to mid 13's stock would be awesome.
My guess it’s that will have a similar performance than the Mustang GT (let’s say 4 Second 0-60’s and 12 Second 1/4 mile) and similar MPG than the Ecoboost Mustang (how much is the Ecoboost getting?) at a similar price than the GT350 Mustang (around 55k) :lol:

:ford:
BEVERLY? As in code name 'Beverly'?:ninja:
P702, CXnnn, P552, u55x, p558, spill the beans?:paddle:
No one will know... hardly anyone on this thread.:thumbsup:
BEV as in Battery Electric Vehicle :gossip:

(I would know, since I know all the codenames you just covered :ninja:)

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Status
Not open for further replies.