Sponsored

Private Track Event - Buttonwillow Raceway 4/16/18

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
Some of Rob's pics. He's a great photographer. Shout out to Terrance for bringing him out. :headbang:
I think I passed you on the last session early on and tried to stay ahead of you but was feeling too much heat and had to let you go back out in front. It was a blast! I had the Black R.

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
Well, here's the video of my best lap of the day. Ignore the Ikaika helmet floating around. I messed up and forgot to take it out before going out on track. It's your visual G meter now!

Damn good footwork Jessie! You're inspiring me to work on my heel toe technique instead of just getting autoblip like I was planning on.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Solid work bro. Youā€™re nice and smooth on corner entry. Love the foot cam! Might have to steal that idea!

I bet you could drop a half second or so shifting less. I stayed out 2nd entirely and stayed in 4th gear from turn 4 to star Mazda. But you donā€™t get as many chances to nail those downshifts staying in 4th! :)
100% agreed! We can stay in 4th basically from Club Corner alllllll the way until the Star Mazda turn. I'll try staying in 4th through the bus stop next time but it's so fun downshifting to 3rd right before Phil Hill and throwing the car in that I don't think I'll stop that :D

Damn good footwork Jessie! You're inspiring me to work on my heel toe technique instead of just getting autoblip like I was planning on.
Thanks man! I messed up in a few places, not blipping enough or giving it a little too much but it's so much fun and rewarding when you nail it that I don't mind being a little bit slower. It makes you want to shift more than you need to though :lol:

OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thanks pointing that out! The only problem is [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION]ā€˜s R is ruining my spotlight :lol:
I told you we would be in for a great ride when you got the wheels. Now look at us :headbang:

Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I think I passed you on the last session early on and tried to stay ahead of you but was feeling too much heat and had to let you go back out in front. It was a blast! I had the Black R.
Haha.... I remember that! It's big fun running back and forth like that :cheers:

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Man seeing this post makes me insanely jealous we couldn't make it. We are in the middle of some house project prior to moving this summer. I turned the day of for a track day into a day off of painting!

Awesome pictures, driving and friendship! It amazes me how a car can bring people together, pretty damn cool!

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Man seeing this post makes me insanely jealous we couldn't make it. We are in the middle of some house project prior to moving this summer. I turned the day of for a track day into a day off of painting!

Awesome pictures, driving and friendship! It amazes me how a car can bring people together, pretty damn cool!
Totally agree with you! Havenā€™t seen you in a while! We should get some of the locals and meetup for a Bay Area cruise before you guys take off! TX, right?

doz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
997 GT3,GT350
Anyone happen to get any videos in the Advanced group of the Lightning blue with white stripe 350? I forgot all my go pro gear at home and one particular video I'd be very interested in was in the first session I got very sideways through cotton corners while in a group of cars.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Totally agree with you! Havenā€™t seen you in a while! We should get some of the locals and meetup for a Bay Area cruise before you guys take off! TX, right?
We totally need to, it's been a while! We're a week away from things settling down, once we get pass that I'll sync up with everyone and get some plans together. Yes, looking like we're heading home to TX but haven't set a date yet.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Here's me trying to keep up with Nick [MENTION=26919]viva_brasil[/MENTION] during that same session.

[ame]

He was taking it easy while I was catching him, then when he saw me on the front straight going for the pass he turned up the heat and took off :lol:

Good times :D

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
I'd be up for that, especially if it's in the North Bay. It may be a distance for some, but driving Mt. St. Helena is a blast.
Steve Mooney-Full Res Edited-small.jpg

Westfalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Westfalia Camper
Here's me trying to keep up with Nick [MENTION=26919]viva_brasil[/MENTION] during that same session.

He was taking it easy while I was catching him, then when he saw me on the front straight going for the pass he turned up the heat and took off :lol:
Good times :D
How can you drive with that thing flopping around from your mirror? I thought that loose items in the cabin is a no no on track? Must have been a very laid back track day.