Sponsored

OEM Differential Oil Cooler Install

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Well, finally got back to this and, yes, getting it back together was much easier than trying to line up 20 small pins with 20 exceedingly small holes, lol. But now that the plug is al back together and I am pretty much ready to do a test, I noticed a discrepancy in the pics I would love to have someone clarify. Maybe I am looking at it incorrectly but the picture that KevDog posted on page 12 has the wires connected opposite of the diagram cking posted on page 10. Is that right ? If so, which is correct ? Since Kev had to ā€œcolorā€ the wire white, and the plug looks upside down (top green wire on the plug should go to the green wire on C264 in the cking diagram), I am thinking the picture is not correct. After all this, I do not want to screw this up !
Sponsored

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
rb92gtā€™s drawing on page 12 looks like it agrees with diagram on pg 10.

KevDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2004 F150 FX4
I wouldn't rely on my diagram, it was intended as a quick visual (the plug could be upside down) See rb92gt drawn diagram (Page 12) to match the pins with wires. 1 into 4 and 2 into 21.

Hope this helps...
DiffSensorSchematic.jpg

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Kev, thank you, pretty sure I got it wired correctly. Turned on the ignition and no axle temp gauge. Going to go back into Forscan and check to make sure the code changes got saved. I still get my trans temp; did not get a diff temp gauge with no reading as others have had when I changed the codes initially (not wired) or , so I do not think it is the wiring.

Sponsored

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Dumbass ! When I added my trans temp, it showed up immediately when I turned on the ignition. Not this time, no diff temp, so I got really bummed, consoled myself by taking the car for a ride. As I am driving down the road, no diff temp, decided to check tire pressures, hit the up arrow and, what do you know, axle temp gauge pops into view, lol. Thanks to all of you that helped this dumbass get through this successfully.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Dumbass ! When I added my trans temp, it showed up immediately when I turned on the ignition. Not this time, no diff temp, so I got really bummed, consoled myself by taking the car for a ride. As I am driving down the road, no diff temp, decided to check tire pressures, hit the up arrow and, what do you know, axle temp gauge pops into view, lol. Thanks to all of you that helped this dumbass get through this successfully.
Hey [MENTION=18109]bmarco[/MENTION], time for some daily affirmations, ā€œIā€™m good enough, Iā€™m smart enough, and gosh darn it, I got my diff temp displayed.ā€ (Google Stuart Smalley if youā€™re unfamiliar with the reference.)

Congratulations:cheers:. Thanks for contributing to the body of knowlege :thumbsup:

I got to say the winter up here just churns and churns. Lows below zero Fahrenheit last night, another foot and a half of snow this week, Amendola to the ā€˜Fins,,,,
Canā€™t wait for salt free roads..

Last edited:

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Hey, Jim, thanks. Looks like winter is never ending for you guys, hope Norā€™easter #4 does not materialize. Will be interesting to monitor my track temps (50 Deepā€™s track day coming up) and the diff temps on the street in the hot AZ summer. Did the trans/cooler swap last year (trans temps now typically 100* cooler) but the diff cooler install looks intimidating to me. I have avoided the aftermarket solutions others have done (Dave GTā€™s write up was excellent), trying to stay OEM but may compromise in the interest of simplicity if I decide I need the cooler. Will email you about the Pats, pretty upsetting off season, lol.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Did the trans/cooler swap last year (trans temps now typically 100* cooler) but the diff cooler install looks intimidating to me. I have avoided the aftermarket solutions others have done (Dave GTā€™s write up was excellent), trying to stay OEM but may compromise in the interest of simplicity if I decide I need the cooler. Will email you about the Pats, pretty upsetting off season, lol.
Yeah, the OEM differential cooler looks way intimidating and time consuming to me too. The alternative methods look pretty straight forward in comparison. Decisions, decisions. Is the information in this thread for the alternate differential install?

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
On page 6, #88, Tank pasted a quote from the Forscan thread by GT Dave that gives the basics. Suggest you start there, got stuff to do today but will look again for it tonight. You could also pm GT Dave and ask him the title of his write up ( and send to me too !).

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
On page 6, #88, Tank pasted a quote from the Forscan thread by GT Dave that gives the basics. Suggest you start there, got stuff to do today but will look again for it tonight. You could also pm GT Dave and ask him the title of his write up ( and send to me too !).
LMAO! Will look, thank you.

jwb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pack, Wht w/ blu
Haha. This sounds like how I do things.
Glad to hear it's working.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)