Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
I was thinking of getting the FP Tune/CAI and a Catback exhaust on my 16EB Premium. Im assuming this would produce significant gains\differences in driving feel?
Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
From what I can see, there's really not that much difference between a 15-17 model with a FP tune and a stock 18 model. I suspect Ford is using a slightly modified FP tune on the stock engines for the 18 models (which is probably the way the 15-17 models should have come from the factory). Given the many people that've been beta testing that tune for Ford, they should have plenty of operational data on how it works in the real world.

If that's the case I wouldn't expect to see much gain with an FP tune on an 18 model.
Yep, that makes sense. I'll be curious to see some dyno charts for a stock 18 EB. It would be great if they lifted the power curve above 5K, like on the FP Tune.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I was thinking of getting the FP Tune/CAI and a Catback exhaust on my 16EB Premium. Im assuming this would produce significant gains\differences in driving feel?
As this entire post says....lol yes you would. Not as much as a protune, but very much so over stock. And it comes with a warranty

SUPR_VILN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Prem
Also wondering, I really dont wanna risk ecoboom so I was planning on getting this, can I just use the voucher myself and not take it to the dealer? I dont really care about warranty I just trust ford performance to not blow my engine.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Also wondering, I really dont wanna risk ecoboom so I was planning on getting this, can I just use the voucher myself and not take it to the dealer? I dont really care about warranty I just trust ford performance to not blow my engine.

U can do everything yourself, u just cant register for the warranty. All u need is a laptop to install the tune.

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
U can do everything yourself, u just cant register for the warranty. All u need is a laptop to install the tune.
All you need is a receipt from a shop and you can register the warranty yourself.

I did the install my self and had my son create a receipt for the installation his shop. I emailed that and the receipt for the kit purchase to FP and got a confirmation that my warranty was registered in about 2 hours.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
All you need is a receipt from a shop and you can register the warranty yourself.

I did the install my self and had my son create a receipt for the installation his shop. I emailed that and the receipt for the kit purchase to FP and got a confirmation that my warranty was registered in about 2 hours.

Well yes that is always an option lol I was assuming that no shop will put their name on something that wasnt their work

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
Takes a whopping 15 minutes. I refuse to pay a shop for that shit.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Im gettin the following done in 2 weeks, guy said it feels like a whole new car night and day...

ProCal CAI\Tune
Garret Intercooler
TurboSmart Shortie BOV
eibach springs

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Im gettin the following done in 2 weeks, guy said it feels like a whole new car night and day...

ProCal CAI\Tune
Garret Intercooler
TurboSmart Shortie BOV
eibach springs
You may have already considered this, but replacing your stock springs with lowering springs without also changing other supporting components (mainly the shocks) can introduce unwanted behaviors as explained in the first video below. There is more good info later in that video, especially the part about anti-sway bars.

The second video discusses the pros and cons of stiffer and softer springs.

The bottom line is all your suspension components are interrelated—meaning the suspension is a system of components all selected to work with each other—and replacing one component can negatively impact the function of other components.

Sponsored

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
What do you suggest then? Matching the springs with eibachs swaybar etc?

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
What do you suggest then? Matching the springs with eibachs swaybar etc?
What's your goal? Are you just interested in changing the look of the car? Are you willing to do that if it means you will sacrifice handing and/or ride quality? Do you want a track car where the primary consideration is getting around a road course as rapidly as possible? Or are you going into drag racing, where traction and controlling wheel hop is paramount? Do you just want better handling for your daily driver? Are you willing to trade ride quality for handling and vice versa?

Every journey starts with a destination, otherwise you aren't really going anywhere. Ultimately, my recommendation would be to clearly define your goal(s), and if there's more than one rank them in order of precedence because a suspension is often a lot of compromises. And in the end it often comes down to money; the more money you have the fewer compromises you'll have to make.

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
Anyone has an definitive answer to the warranty on the FP tune? I have just a little bit over 32k miles and want to get the FP tune because of the warranty but if the warranty of your powertrain gets reduced to 36k/3 year then it is not even worth it.

Does anyone know for sure that the powertrain still stays at 60k/5yrs even wth the FP tune (if installed by Ford dealer)?

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Anyone has an definitive answer to the warranty on the FP tune? I have just a little bit over 32k miles and want to get the FP tune because of the warranty but if the warranty of your powertrain gets reduced to 36k/3 year then it is not even worth it.

Does anyone know for sure that the powertrain still stays at 60k/5yrs even wth the FP tune (if installed by Ford dealer)?
The relevant clause in the warranty statement says:

This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Installation of these select Ford Performance and mountune warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.​

The part of the clause I emphasized makes clear that warranty claims FoMoCo can attribute to the use of the tune provided by Ford Performance (which is an aftermarket company, BTW) will be covered by Ford Performance up to 36k miles. The question is will FoMoCo cover a warranty claim attributable to the tune AFTER 36k, but before the factory 60k powertrain warranty expires?

I called my local dealer who sells Ford Performance parts and asked this specific question. He said the factory warranty would cover any claims after 36k but before 60k even if the damage is attributable to the tune. I told him I would send an email with the same question so that I could get his answer in writing. I sent three emails, but he never responded to any of them.

To my knowledge, this question remains unanswered.

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
The relevant clause in the warranty statement says:

This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Installation of these select Ford Performance and mountune warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.​

The part of the clause I emphasized makes clear that warranty claims FoMoCo can attribute to the use of the tune provided by Ford Performance (which is an aftermarket company, BTW) will be covered by Ford Performance up to 36k miles. The question is will FoMoCo cover a warranty claim attributable to the tune AFTER 36k, but before the factory 60k powertrain warranty expires?

I called my local dealer who sells Ford Performance parts and asked this specific question. He said the factory warranty would cover any claims after 36k but before 60k even if the damage is attributable to the tune. I told him I would send an email with the same question so that I could get his answer in writing. I sent three emails, but he never responded to any of them.

To my knowledge, this question remains unanswered.
That is what I thought, it almost makes no sense to me to go with FP with my mileage. I still want a conservative tune though
Sponsored