Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I think the question is are there any still available?

Most dealers are oversubscribed vs their allocation. I’m sure some dealers will not allocate at least part of their allocation to see what they can make out of it. Happened with GTF and the Sprint offerings.

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
I've checked with three local dealers. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any dealers who have a spare...

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Yes there will be. Check with your Ford dealer
I'd be very surprised if dealers still have any. I know my dealer said he had a dozen or mlre customers with cash ready to spend.

With only 700 available, I might guess they will be allocated.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I think the question is are there any still available?

Most dealers are oversubscribed vs their allocation. I’m sure some dealers will not allocate at least part of their allocation to see what they can make out of it. Happened with GTF and the Sprint offerings.
A lot of dealers have taken deposits for cars they have no allocation of cars.

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but Hammo doesn’t operate like that. He plays his cards close to his chest but you always know where you stand.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Talking with my dealer yesterday and he had taken orders for 11 - the last one to keep a long term customer happy - but only had allocation of 10.
He managed to swap a rare car that he had with another dealer's Bullitt - but he definitely won't take any more orders

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Talking with my dealer yesterday and he had taken orders for 11 - the last one to keep a long term customer happy - but only had allocation of 10.
He managed to swap a rare car that he had with another dealer's Bullitt - but he definitely won't take any more orders
During my search I spoke with over half a dozen dealers. One had taken deposits for over thirty Bullitts (they got around a dozen). Another got eleven, and the sales guy told me he knows some of his customers don't want the car, they're just going to flip them.

One dealer north of the city (described as Australia's biggest Mustang dealer) got twenty Bullitts, and is registering all of them to prevent buyers from on-selling them as new cars. At one dealership a customer left a deposit hoping to get an automatic Bullitt....his car went to the next in line.

I spoke to one dealer who claimed to have one left..."mate, would you be prepared to pay $100K for it"? Uhh, no.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but Hammo doesn’t operate like that. He plays his cards close to his chest but you always know where you stand.
Yep. He bucks all the rules of "how to be a car salesman" and is proof that new car sales guys don't need to be complete dicks to be a success! He's got a good and loyal customer base.

I spoke to one dealer who claimed to have one left..."mate, would you be prepared to pay $100K for it"? Uhh, no.
You should send a message to Ford AU. They don't like dealers stroking prices.

I've heard of dealers having restrictions of access to special vehicles where dealers are marking up prices above and beyond RRP. Its apparently a breach of their licence with Ford.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. He bucks all the rules of "how to be a car salesman" and is proof that new car sales guys don't need to be complete dicks to be a success! He's got a good and loyal customer base.
Yes, that’s right. He’s not everybody’s cup of tea but he must be doing something right - as you say he has a good and loyal customer base. All his Bullitts will be taken up within that base.

Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Got my vin today , does anyone know how to work out the individual build no from the vin ?
Did you also get any NSC reference prior to your vin and do you have anything formal from the dealer or Ford OZ about specs etc ?
My dealership here and Fprd NZ just seem to be operating in a "cone of silence"
Many thks

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did you also get any NSC reference prior to your vin and do you have anything formal from the dealer or Ford OZ about specs etc ?
My dealership here and Fprd NZ just seem to be operating in a "cone of silence"
Many thks
All info from ford Aus

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
For some reason, I suspect that some half baked media personality with a shit eating grin will take delivery of the first Bullit (well in advance of the masses). It will later be established in media interviews that they only placed their order yesterday at the personal invitation of the company.

:rant:

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
All info from ford Aus
So did they give you anything formal, price, specs etc or has it all been verbal so far or scrawled on the back of a cigarette packet?
Many thks

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
For some reason, I suspect that some half baked media personality with a shit eating grin will take delivery of the first Bullit (well in advance of the masses). It will later be established in media interviews that they only placed their order yesterday at the personal invitation of the company.

:rant:
Someone at 3AW ?
Sponsored