"Suitcase" resonator questions...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Would the Magnaflow resonated X pipe make the car quieter or louder? Maybe even the same sound as the suitcase?

The Magnaflow seems like a reasonable solution. I just don't want it to quiet my Mustang down! :D
Just a smidge louder than the suitcase. Better sound.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bluestar

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It takes 100 miles or so to break in.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Ya if u have a garage it's 10 times worse on cold start, I have to keep my garage door and remote start it from in the house ������
Curious, if you were to back in and start with garage door shut would it significantly reduce the sound the neighbors hear? I currently live in a condo with open car port but am building a house in suburb with garage but am also likely adding catted long tubes to my Corsa. I realize can tune down cold start but that first thing in the morning before work is literally the only time I wouldn't want it, all other times it's more than welcome (at least with extremes on stock headers currently) and would hate to tune it out for just that one start. But also don't want to piss off community as soon as I move in :headbonk:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Curious, if you were to back in and start with garage door shut would it significantly reduce the sound the neighbors hear? I currently live in a condo with open car port but am building a house in suburb with garage but am also likely adding catted long tubes to my Corsa. I realize can tune down cold start but that first thing in the morning before work is literally the only time I wouldn't want it, all other times it's more than welcome (at least with extremes on stock headers currently) and would hate to tune it out for just that one start. But also don't want to piss off community as soon as I move in :headbonk:
I do this before 7 AM and after 10 PM. It drops the volume significantly from the initial start within 10 seconds or so.

Be careful what you wish for regarding the Xtreme + LTs...

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I do this before 7 AM and after 10 PM. It drops the volume significantly from the initial start within 10 seconds or so.

Be careful what you wish for regarding the Xtreme + LTs...
Awesome thanks for that feedback. That's what I was hoping to hear.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

hmdballa219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 shadow black mustang GT

Yes i have mine backed in and it's ridiculous with garage door open, with it shut, it's not so bad, I can hear it inside the house still but not deafening. My garage is about 150 ft from my house. Not connected. So with you having a condo and it being connected that's a tough one, depends how much u like your neighbors haha

Sponsored

rf_ross

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2017 Chevy Colorado
I just installed a resonator delete H-pipe and am still on the stock (2018) mufflers and it sounds great, especially at cruising speeds on the highway. It reminds me of the way everyone's cars sounded back in the 70's - I'm 63 - but still having car fun.

I didn't experience any drone at all and it's got a really nice burble at cruise. Cold start is definitely louder than with the suitcase resonator installed but it's not over the top loud.

I'm considering swapping out my stock mufflers for either the FRPP touring or sport muffler axle-backs to save some weight, but that's the only reason right now. Otherwise, it now has a really sweet sound to it.

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Muffler Delete.
Resonator Delete.
Install 28" glasspacks in place of resonator.

Enjoy the compliments, and the $100 exhaust job that sounds better than the $1k nonsense people buy.

Shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang GT
Where in Illinois are you? I have a Steeda h-pipe brand new that I never used. It’s the cut and clamp style.

Humphammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2015 Limited Edition 50th Year
I just installed a resonator delete H-pipe and am still on the stock (2018) mufflers and it sounds great, especially at cruising speeds on the highway. It reminds me of the way everyone's cars sounded back in the 70's - I'm 63 - but still having car fun.

I didn't experience any drone at all and it's got a really nice burble at cruise. Cold start is definitely louder than with the suitcase resonator installed but it's not over the top loud.

I'm considering swapping out my stock mufflers for either the FRPP touring or sport muffler axle-backs to save some weight, but that's the only reason right now. Otherwise, it now has a really sweet sound to it.
I have a lethal performance H pipe and the FRPP touring axle backs and It's at least for my tastes pretty much perfect. There is no rasp, and no drone, just a mellow deep tone when accelerating. I ran the stock mufflers with the H pipe for two years. The FRPP touring is approximately 20% louder than the stock with H pipe was on acceleration and start-up. On the road cruising at 55-75 mph very little difference at all. The FRPP by Borla is a bit expensive but worth every penny IMO.
Sponsored