Sponsored

Vortech/Paxton MaxFlow Bypass Valve Question

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Got my Beefcake special Paxton setup all buttoned up, and got the go ahead to get into boost and do some WOT pulls yesterday. Man it feels good. I have the stock Maxflow bypass that comes with the paxton/vortech kits, but I can't hear it. I can't tell if my car is too loud to hear it, or if it's not opening at all. I'm probably going to go with a Tial anyway, but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue!
Sponsored

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The valve that comes with the kit is pretty quiet until you're shifting in boost.

I have a Vortech maxflow race valve that I'd sell you if interested. It's a direct bolt on and will be louder, at idle and in boost.

OP
OP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I was definitely shifting in boost doing WOT pulls.

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
I have the same, you should definitely hear it WOOOSH during shifts. Even with my loud axle back I can hear it very clearly and loudly. Make sure it's adjusted all the way out as recommended.

OP
OP

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I'll try and adjust it later. My car is off road long tubes and full 3" exhaust though, so it's loud.

Sponsored

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
So I just installed my Paxton kit w/ the Vortech bypass valve this weekend that I had purchased a few months back from another forum member on here. Everything started up great the first time. The thing I'm questioning is how the Vortech bypass valve works. What noises are normal for the Vortech bypass valve? I know that it vents extra boost when the throttle body is closed, but what about during just normal daily driving? The set screw on the bypass valve was backed out a good amount and air was coming out of the oval filter at idle. As I drove it around, it just sounds like a bunch of air rushing out of that thing. Is this normal?

Tonight I couldn't help but goof around with the set screw position. I screwed it in some more, but not enough so that air stopped coming out of the filter at idle. I think about 4 threads are showing after the nut and washer. It's quieter now when driving around, but flutters like crazy whenever I'm off of the gas. This is all driving around town at partial throttle since I haven't datalogged for Lund yet. Is this fluttering normal? And what position should the set screw on this Vortech bypass valve be set to?

Can't wait to get the go-ahead for WOT pulls, I know it's gonna be great. :headbang:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
stock one is quiet
Sponsored