El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Back in November I installed the steeda cradle braces, steeda alignment bushings, and BMR solid differential bushings. Install was pretty straight forward and everything fit as advertise. Soon after I went on a test drive and the improvements are instant! My car currently puts down about 448 WHP and this combo greatly helps into transferring it to the ground. Wheel hop was reduced I'd say about 80% and the car feels more planted to the ground in the corners and when accelerating hard. HOWEVER, the only downfall to this combo was the NVH! After a 20 min drive the rear end whine got to me and had to go back to my garage and figure out what was causing the issue. It came down to the differential bushings, they transfer too much noise IMO. I took the bushings out and the noise stopped, I did gain some wheel hop but I'd rather deal with that than the noise. I have since purchase a set of the Steeda poly bushings in hopes of gaining back the tightness without the NVH but just have't had time to install them. Hope this small review helps in your decision.
Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Back in November I installed the steeda cradle braces, steeda alignment bushings, and BMR solid differential bushings. Install was pretty straight forward and everything fit as advertise. Soon after I went on a test drive and the improvements are instant! My car currently puts down about 448 WHP and this combo greatly helps into transferring it to the ground. Wheel hop was reduced I'd say about 80% and the car feels more planted to the ground in the corners and when accelerating hard. HOWEVER, the only downfall to this combo was the NVH! After a 20 min drive the rear end whine got to me and had to go back to my garage and figure out what was causing the issue. It came down to the differential bushings, they transfer too much noise IMO. I took the bushings out and the noise stopped, I did gain some wheel hop but I'd rather deal with that than the noise. I have since purchase a set of the Steeda poly bushings in hopes of gaining back the tightness without the NVH but just have't had time to install them. Hope this small review helps in your decision.
I started out with the BMR poly diff lockouts and switched back to the steeda ones. Both transmitted a shit ton of NVH.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I started out with the BMR poly diff lockouts and switched back to the steeda ones. Both transmitted a shit ton of NVH.
Thanks for the advise on the poly bushings, I guess I'll just stick to stock and install some vertical links to help minimize the wheel hop.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
CB oo5 & J&M bushings

Im confused....u did bmr with j&m bushings? Are you referring to bmr cb005? I didnt think such a combination was possible; bmr cradle lockout with j&m bushings. Also, aluminum bushings are one of the stiffest and will result in 0 deflection so all aluminum bushings will be noisy. Delrin /poly should reduce noise. I will report back about my experience with my suspension bits once theyre installed.
Yes, the parts were BMR & J&M and no they did not fit properly. I had to cut down two of the billet bushings. I cut them too small and the tech used washers to make them fit better. See my sig. I just changed it from J&M to Steeda.
tn_IMG_20180513_073149_704.jpg

Last edited:

Mustang Mods

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mustangmodsstore.com
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I do the BMR cradle lockout and the poly diff bushings on all my builds. Anything beyond that and the noise starts becoming an annoyance.

The diff bushings are where 90% of the noise comes from. Anything Delrin or Aluminum be prepared for some NVH.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
My Steeda poly differential bushing lockouts cause a shit ton of NVH at all speeds, primarily around 45mph. It’s to the point that I want to pull them back out, but don’t want to risk breaking the rearend.
Thanks for sharing. Youre referring to the red ones right. Those i bought and plan to put on but def dont want the noise youre referring to. Can you actually hear it with longtube headers?

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Thanks for sharing. Youre referring to the red ones right. Those i bought and plan to put on but def dont want the noise youre referring to. Can you actually hear it with longtube headers?
Yes I have the red ones on right now and I can hear them over my longtube headers and exhaust. It’s so annoying I’m really thinking about pulling them off.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yes I have the red ones on right now and I can hear them over my longtube headers and exhaust. It’s so annoying I’m really thinking about pulling them off.
Damn, and I was thinking of installing them this weekend. When I had the aluminum bushing the noise was really annoying at cruising speeds when you are lightly on and off the throttle. I guess I will be posting them up for sale, aluminum and poly bushings. Hopefully vertical links will be better.

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Damn, and I was thinking of installing them this weekend. When I had the aluminum bushing the noise was really annoying at cruising speeds when you are lightly on and off the throttle. I guess I will be posting them up for sale, aluminum and poly bushings. Hopefully vertical links will be better.
Only reason they are still in is I don’t want to break the differential.

OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Only reason they are still in is I don’t want to break the differential.
Itd be nice to have a rep from steeda [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] and bmr [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] chime in on the noise with their cradle and diff solutions.

Steeda's part # 555 4439 advertise "little to no increase in NVH" and thats really why i bought it.
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-...insert-system-urethane-2015-all-555-4439.html

Bmr's cb005
http://m.bmrsuspension.com/?page=pr...cb054ce67-551EDFE8-5056-BF4A-37001E373EF04B97

Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
The poly bushings from Steeda is the one thing I didn't jump on and install while I was installing the alignment kit. However, one thing I noticed while installing those sleeves for the subframe bolts was that the instructions didn't call out any grease at all.

Over the years I've installed a lot of chassis bushing systems - mostly on trailing arm coil sprung rear end systems. They ALWAYS call out putting a little poly-friendly grease on the bushings when you install them.

So I coated the sleeves with a little bit of that I had in a gun for things like door hing pins, etc. That also helped keep sleeve in place while I messed around trying to get the subframe bold back in. I also added some to the stock bushings in the subframe mounting bushings as well so those aluminum inserts wouldn't squeak like hell every time the subframe flexed to the body.

So...it seems to me that you'd want to add some grease to the back side of those bushings and under the mounting bolt washers or the metal collars in this particular kit before you installed them. Basically anywhere you'll have tons of flex and movement on the bushing surfaces against a metal surface.

Does anyone else think that's a good idea?

OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
The poly bushings from Steeda is the one thing I didn't jump on and install while I was installing the alignment kit. However, one thing I noticed while installing those sleeves for the subframe bolts was that the instructions didn't call out any grease at all.

Over the years I've installed a lot of chassis bushing systems - mostly on trailing arm coil sprung rear end systems. They ALWAYS call out putting a little poly-friendly grease on the bushings when you install them.

So I coated the sleeves with a little bit of that I had in a gun for things like door hing pins, etc. That also helped keep sleeve in place while I messed around trying to get the subframe bold back in. I also added some to the stock bushings in the subframe mounting bushings as well so those aluminum inserts wouldn't squeak like hell every time the subframe flexed to the body.

So...it seems to me that you'd want to add some grease to the back side of those bushings and under the mounting bolt washers or the metal collars in this particular kit before you installed them. Basically anywhere you'll have tons of flex and movement on the bushing surfaces against a metal surface.

Well inside the steeda box there is small tube of energy suspension lube; maybe youre right on. However, i would imagine that all the others used the supplied lube during installation; correct?

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Well inside the steeda box there is small tube of energy suspension lube; maybe youre right on. However, i would imagine that all the others used the supplied lube during installation; correct?
If it came with lube then I sure hope so.

OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Stunned by Steeda response

I just had to share this.

I decided to reach out to Steeda to discuss the differential bushings since i only purchased them because they advertised "little to no NVH" increase on their website. I proceeded to tell the gentleman that alot of owners on the forums have indicated gear whine after installing the steeda differential bushines and whether he could provide some information to that effect.

His exact words were "absolutely no increase in NVH whatsoever". So i said well thats odd because quite a few people have reported this nvh being loud enough that it can be heard with loud exhausts etc.

Without hesitation, he rudely just gave me the RMA number and indicated that i should print on two places on the box to return the item.

So, all things aside, i'm glad i will only be adding BMR bits and will let the diff ride free; my car isnt a drag car so i think it'll hold up just fine.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

Yes, this is necessary for bushing longevity. It is not going to significantly affect NVH aside from preventing squeaking, which isn't likely anyway.
Sponsored