Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ford wants us on bootlegs. ;)
for a second I thought that was for the Sync update, but its talking about new maps, not Sync.

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
this change happened this afternoon
Didn't the initial page that was up say there was a free update or am I mis-remembering? The update should be free for how long it's taken for them to pump out one map update that will likely be out of date on day one lol.

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
[MENTION=19817]HizliBullet[/MENTION]t - Where are you getting that message? I don't even see an option for upgrading the maps anywhere.

I have to say that I was going to have to buy updated maps for the MFT system at some point and IF I have to buy updated maps I would rather do it on Sync 3.

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
@HizliBullet t - Where are you getting that message? I don't even see an option for upgrading the maps anywhere.

I have to say that I was going to have to buy updated maps for the MFT system at some point and IF I have to buy updated maps I would rather do it on Sync 3.

http://ford.navigation.com/product-list/Catalog/Catalog_Ford_Mustang_2016/en_US/FordNA/USD

Hopefully the update for Sync 3 maps is pushed soon and is either free or fairly cheap considering there's never been an update for maps on Sync 3 I believe.

Sponsored

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got it... Interesting. Well the MFT Maps are $149 for US/Canada so I wonder what the Sync3 Map updates cost.

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
i have a new 64GB samsung 3.0 thumb drive i will try the install with, i am currently running one of the 3.0 with the build 17XXX, i should be able to report back in a few days

trumpetpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hey guys, really confused and frustrated. 2018, came with 3.0 build 17276. I followed all instructions, plugged in drive and after 3 minutes, it’s says I am already up to date, removed flash drive, rebooted, and still on 17276. Called Ford, and they said I am latest version, which I know I am not. Any suggestions would be appreciated - already tried another drive, reformatted, redownloaded.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
So I stumbled upon this site:
https://why-update-ford.azurewebsites.net/

Appears to be associated with NNG who makes the Navigation maps for Ford and others.
They have an instruction pamphlet that walks you through downloading the updater software etc.

https://why-update-ford.azurewebsites.net/download/Ford_brochure_about_map_update_EN.pdf
G
My biggest concern is the legitimacy of the site/software. Need to research this some more.
That’s pamphlet redirects back to a website posted a few months ago to sign-up to be notified when the maps are ready. I really wish they just update the maps. At this point, my neighborhood is a field in Sync3 though it’s existed for almost 3 years now :D

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Hey guys, really confused and frustrated. 2018, came with 3.0 build 17276. I followed all instructions, plugged in drive and after 3 minutes, it’s says I am already up to date, removed flash drive, rebooted, and still on 17276. Called Ford, and they said I am latest version, which I know I am not. Any suggestions would be appreciated - already tried another drive, reformatted, redownloaded.
That probably is the newest version for 2018, and it likely isn't functionally different then the one we can download for 2017/2016 cars.

trumpetpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have no idea who is running things at Ford customer service but I shouldn’t have more info than them. Their answer is that 18025 is not for cars with Nav....

I guess as long as it works with Wade when the app is updated, I m fine with it, just frustrating to not get a straight answer.

Has anyone on 17296 in a 2018 with nav gotten it to work?

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Hi guys,
I have the sync apim from a focus and when i add that car to my account it says I have an update for it after i upgraded to 2.3
Here is the first few lines from one of the files

SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for Nav/NA assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]

So 18025 should be for NAV.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have no idea who is running things at Ford customer service but I shouldn’t have more info than them. Their answer is that 18025 is not for cars with Nav....
Not surprised a dealer might be clueless.

I had already installed a gray-market 18025 but wanted the official one just for peace of mind. Ford wouldn't let me download anything for my VIN because they knew I already had 18025. So I got the VIN for another 2016 Premium with NAV, added that VIN to my Ford owner account and asked to download the latest Sync for it. Boom, Ford gave me 18025.

I'll take Ford's word over some random dealer.
Sponsored