Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Better than that...... I have a friend that works for Ford in Dearborn at the corporate office, and gave her a call. She looked on her computer then said I will call you back after I talk to the production manager at the plant. About an hour later she called and said my car was Bucked today and will flow down the assembly line Monday. I then drove to the dealer and talked with them, the salesman made a mistake and was looking at another order number instead of mine...... they were both ordered the same day and were both Ruby Red Mustangs. Now that the Valium has kicked in I think I will build a fire in the fireplace and have a talk with Capt Morgan.
:doh::crazy::headbonk:
Well, it's still a nice story.
Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got off the phone with my salesman, and he said my car is already on it's way, and he's expecting it early next week! Yay!

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just got this from my dealer, anyone ever heard of anything like this?

"I just spoke with my ordering manager and he said that Ford has not yet released the "OK to build" for retail purchases yet. On early new year models Ford requires a certain amount of stock units to be built for dealers before they will build custom orders, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. We don't know when they'll begin the custom orders, they could begin next week or in a month, but it should still be made within the estimated 60-90 days."

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase

"I just spoke with my ordering manager and he said that Ford has not yet released the "OK to build" for retail purchases yet. On early new year models Ford requires a certain amount of stock units to be built for dealers before they will build custom orders, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. We don't know when they'll begin the custom orders, they could begin next week or in a month, but it should still be made within the estimated 60-90 days."
Umm considering mines a retail order (and it's going to be finished being built the 20th.) And many others have already been built/being built. I'd say go to another dealer. Something seems fishy. They did the "OK to buy" in October!!!

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP

Yes, that's the normal process. Ok to build happened a while back. I imagine you can find it mentioned in this thread.

It may be that they do a separate "Ok to build" for new options like PP2. It's also been suggested that PP2 might be held until warmer weather because of cold weather problems with the tires.

Sponsored

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers don't know shhhhhit! Do not listen to anything they say because most of the time they're giving you a bs story just so you leave them alone. Going into this i knew at earliest I'll have the GTPP2 is March, but most likely April. I bet we don't get a Vin # till February and built in March with at earliest April 1st delivery.

Custom orders have already been built, ok to buy passed and some delivered so they're telling you a lie just so you stop bugging lol.
So is what I was assuming especially with PP2, I did get a Dealer Order Confirmation sheet from them. So I will just give it some time. COTUS gives the this error. "A matching vehicle could not be determined. Please contact your dealer to get status updated about your order."

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Can you post a pic of your DORA? I think the rest of us with PP2 still only have a VOC.
This is what I received yesterday. I haven't gotten the DORA yet.
CarOrder.png

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

mdelongpre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something Fast
Does anyone know how to track a rail car from Canadian national?

I have my railcar # now

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I'm officially under the 30 day mark! Getting closer!!!

Sponsored

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6 Vert Candy Apple Red

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just signed up.

Thanks for this!

It says it checks every hour on the hour...I’m assuming it only emails if there is a change haha?
yes, you're right.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Welcome to the club. Color? Options?

Be sure to get an order number and dealership ID from your dealer so you can track your order. They should be able able to provide a Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) or a Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA) with that information.
Sponsored