Sponsored

Eco Mustang 2.3 Engine Cracking Explained

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
Great video on the weakness of cylinder 2 backside structure when the engine is pushed beyond Factory tune.

Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Great video on the weakness of cylinder 2 backside structure when the engine is pushed beyond Factory tune.

Nice find..

If you look at the thread above number two is not the problem number three has blown the most on the servey of engines that let go.

Maybe there both weak?

Yes.. I would love a closed deck
Yes working on 800 HP but at 550 hp
And the block I have is stock internals
But porting the head to get hot air out faster
Is the key to making power.

Below now

:headbang::headbang:

Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go figure, Ford didn't design the engine for more power than they released it at. Weird.
Yes..and yes

All in all 310 stock on i4 is great moding is always been what we do too any car! we take a risk with "small block and large block" they let go all the time if you don't know what your doing ..

Ask a mechanic's!! not a type writing jokey like some ! with no experience what so ever , that mod there car and pushing stage 3 on 87 And cry on this forum that :ford: is crap..

E40+nitro+meth=450 whp

Last edited:

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Yes..and yes

All in all 310 stock on i4 is great moding is all way been what we do too any car we take a risk with small block and large block they let go all the time if you don't know what your doing ..

Ask a machanics!! not a type writing jokey like some ! with no experience what so ever , that mod there car and pushing stage 3 on 87 Oct
And cry on this forum that :ford: is crap..

E40+nitro+meth=450 whp
Yo Dawg yer stranger than strange and that is pretty freakin strange ..

Now back to our regularly projected forcast of leaving the 2.3 GDI Stock and wishing ya had a V8 ...........

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yo Dawg yer stranger than strange and that is pretty freakin strange ..

Now back to our regularly projected forcast of leaving the 2.3 GDI Stock and wishing ya had a V8 ...........
Funny mate..

Not at all what I wanted was a v8l love anything turbo ford fit the bill in my turbo 7.3 and my unicorn mate keep typing your turning down on the home stretch..:ford:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking forward to see that build on stock internals. I believe [MENTION=21658]perfweld[/MENTION] pushed the stock motor to that power level or higher, but he ended up upgrading the engine before determining long term reliability at that power level.

Sorry mate..

I think confusion was im at 450 whp now
Nitro to add 100 more ponies so some where
North of that amount..500 whp by week end

Stock internals

E40+ meth+ported head=450whp :headbang:

E40+meth+100 shot+ported head=550whp.:p
:cheers:

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Sorry mate..

I think confusion was im at 450 whp now
Nitro to add 100 more ponies so some where
North of that amount..500 whp by week end

Stock internals

E40+ meth+ported head=450whp :headbang:

E40+meth+100 shot+ported head=550whp.:p
:cheers:
That's awesome, how long have you been at 450 whp? Best of luck with 550 whp target, haven't heard of anyone hitting that on stock internals.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome, how long have you been at 450 whp? Best of luck with 550 whp target, haven't heard of anyone hitting that on stock internals.
Ty bull run

For about 12000 mile now and 2000 on 1/4 mile of that so 10000 on the road and tracks around my area Portland international race track slowly making my way to 550 after we tune it..the quest for was for fun I know this engine like back of my hand ,and had a svo when in highschool cool dad I guess I played just like the new one ..

Big turbo and head ported the crap out it I could not kill the old 2.3 1986.5 my brother son drives it to this day 240000 and going..

The new 2.3 has more than a glass jaw.lol

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Funny mate..

Not at all what I wanted was a v8l love anything turbo ford fit the bill in my turbo 7.3 and my unicorn mate keep typing your turning down on the home stretch..:ford:

I gget that man , although with the weakness of this platform I have had to resist spending on any mods to this engine .. considered a build just to get my hands dirty again .. I don't really have time for these intense builds anymore ..

With all that we do know about the 2.3 GDI T I am more prepaired to just throw a V8 in if this engine gives out ..