Sponsored

Need help asap: Missing Keys

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I lost both keys to my 2015 Mustang. The dealer is telling me if they can't unlock the car or something within 1min, the alarm will go off and continue going off. If this happens I need to have the body control module replaced in addition to paying for a new key and the programming. This seems like bullshit to me.
Sponsored

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I lost both keys to my 2015 Mustang. The dealer is telling me if they can't unlock the car or something within 1min, the alarm will go off and continue going off. If this happens I need to have the body control module replaced in addition to paying for a new key and the programming. This seems like bullshit to me.
I literally know nothing about this but it does sound like bullshit. The alarm will go off for no reason? And continue to until the battery dies? Did an engineer at Ford really think that was a good idea? Absolutely not. So it won't happen.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Moral of the story....when you lose one, get to the dealer and get a replacement right away. My stepson is a knucklehead. Someone stole his Grand Cherokee with one of the keys when they broke into his house in Colorado. He was fortunate enough to have the vehicle recovered undamaged. Rather than getting the car recoded with two new replacement keys, he continued to drive it with the one key he had left. He recently lost the other key and last I heard the Cherokee is still sitting like a boat anchor.

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt/2004 svt cobra/2016 GT PP
you will need 2 new keys for them to program the keys to work in the car.
They can get the key code from the vin. Don't know why the body control module is even mentioned?

Sponsored

OP
OP
L8APEX

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
you will need 2 new keys for them to program the keys to work in the car.
They can get the key code from the vin. Don't know why the body control module is even mentioned?
They gave me a story that the alarm goes off if they can't program it within a minute. If they can't it locks the computer and body control module will need to be replaced

Stoughton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Bullitt
They gave me a story that the alarm goes off if they can't program it within a minute. If they can't it locks the computer and body control module will need to be replaced
Have you called a different dealer to see if you get the same story?

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get the vin and get a key code , make a key and open the door!

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the alarm will just time out no damage to any module. And find another dealer!

Sponsored
OP
OP
L8APEX

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Update: Had it towed to another dealer( thanks Ford Roadside!) and they programmed the key with no issue or bs story. Ended up being cheaper too.

Moral of the story I guess(other than don't lose your damn keys) is: If you don't like how the dealer is treating you or something feels off, go elsewhere asap.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Moral of the story I guess(other than don't lose your damn keys) is: If you don't like how the dealer is treating you or something feels off, go elsewhere asap.[/QUOTE]

That is the true answer..:cheers:

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Serious question. How did you lose key #2?
Right now I could not tell you where my spare is at in my house. Either in my safe or my dresser. Hmm...looking for it tonight.
But my main key stays in my pants pocket at all times or on my vanity next to my toothbrush stand and along with my wallet and money clip so I can find it all in the morning.
My youngest son is like this. Can't find his wallet. Can't find his keys, can't find his shoes.......
Sponsored