Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I took my 18 to the dealer to get my center console replaced since it had a scratch (pretty deep) on it. And Ford decided to fully replace it.
The guy that did my ceramic coating found a screw. I told the dealership about it and they said they'd try to find out where it came from. Apparently, a piece of the center console(in the backseat behind the passenger side) broke. And that's where the screw came from.
The service manager called me and told me and ordered the part. We never even thought of checking out the backseat. So if your about to take delivery (or already have) double check the backseat. Just a tip I thought I'd give you guys. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What was who doing in the back seat to break something???
No idea the dealership said it's from the factory. As long as they fix it I'm all good though!

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
I took my 18 to the dealer to get my center console replaced since it had a scratch (pretty deep) on it. And Ford decided to fully replace it.
The guy that did my ceramic coating found a screw. I told the dealership about it and they said they'd try to find out where it came from. Apparently, a piece of the center console(in the backseat behind the passenger side) broke. And that's where the screw came from.
The service manager called me and told me and ordered the part. We never even thought of checking out the backseat. So if your about to take delivery (or already have) double check the backseat. Just a tip I thought I'd give you guys. :)
I wonder what the ceramic coating guy was doing in the back seat. :shrug:

OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder what the ceramic coating guy was doing in the back seat. :shrug:
He was cleaning it up before I took delivery. He does high end vehicles so I trusted him. He had my car for 11 days. And he would send me videos of him working on my car. He also had a one car garage that my car took ownership of.

Sponsored

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
You have a 2018 Mustang that you got ceramic coated and this detail guy took 11 days for paint correction and cleanup? I think I'll pass on using this guy. I can see paint correction on a daily driver maybe taking a full day and then the ceramic coating the next day, but that's it!

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I remember an old thread where people found stuff left in from the factory. I remember once when someone found a note, another a banana, and 3rd a lays chip bag.

11 days is a bit much. Regardless, I like doing it myself when it comes to paint correction its a fun hobby with great before and after.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
I remember an old thread where people found stuff left in from the factory. I remember once when someone found a note, another a banana, and 3rd a lays chip bag.
Here in Australia a car landed with the passenger door having a cloth trim.

We don't have that option, every single car comes with the premium package here no matter what. Yet one left the factory with a cloth trim on ONE door, passed factory, passed dealer, and the customer only found it out when his mechanic told him.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
A good friend years ago, had a problem with a clanking sound coming from somewhere in the back on his new Mercury. The dealer eventually found a bolt, hanging by a string under the rear seat, with a note saying "haha, you found it".

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Hell, my 2017 got both Opticoat Pro+ and full Suntek PPF on the entire front and mirrors in 3 days. What was that detailer doing?

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
OP
OP
sbrenskell

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Putting that back seat to good use. :lol:
He only does it part time. And he's actually an insurance adjuster. So.... I trusted him.....
Sponsored