• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Raceseng Orbature Shift Knob (M12x1.25, Non big bore)

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Looking to sell this Raceseng Orbature Shift Knob.
Recently picked up in this thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97788

Promptly found out that it will not fit the stock shifter due to not having enough clearance for the reverse lockout collar.
The second pic included shows the size difference.

This will fit cars with a push down reverse or possibly smaller lockout collars.
Ex.
Barton or MGW shifters
2005-2014 Mustangs
Raceseng Adapter fitment chart for reference (M12x1.25):
http://www.raceseng.com/media/pdf/raceseng-shift-knob-fitment.pdf

$90 shipped or $80 FTF DFW.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this.
IMG_4844.jpg
IMG_4846.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
That's a bummer. I offered the previous seller a bit less than asking price and (obviously) didn't buy it, and have kind of been kicking myself about it as I really like the shape of this shift knob.

However, I have a Steeda reverse lockout collar (which is of similar size to stock) and it looks like this wouldn't have worked anyway. Then I'd be looking at milling or lathing out the bore, which would be difficult given that I'm not sure how I'd chuck the Delrin knob in the lathe jaws or the mill vise without marring it.

Bummer. I'm sorry you had to figure this out yourself!

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
The adapter should have a threaded nut at the top that allows for adjustment of the lockout collar and to straighten the engraving. The adapter you have pictured there is not the one Raceseng provides (unless they changed the design, it should be black). Before giving up you could call Raceseng to trouble shoot. The owner is a really good guy and should be able to help you out. DM me if you want and I can see if I can help as well. Another option you have is to put a spacer (or a stack of dimes) between the threaded shaft and adapter you already have).
[MENTION=17979]brandonsmash[/MENTION] - I have the TriAx shifter and Steeda lockout collar. I have a Raceseng Ashiko and Orbature, both work. You can call Raceseng to ask about a 10mm spacer needed to get the knob to fit. I worked with them to get that figured out.

OP
OP

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The adapter should have a threaded nut at the top that allows for adjustment of the lockout collar and to straighten the engraving. The adapter you have pictured there is not the one Raceseng provides (unless they changed the design, it should be black). Before giving up you could call Raceseng to trouble shoot. The owner is a really good guy and should be able to help you out. DM me if you want and I can see if I can help as well. Another option you have is to put a spacer (or a stack of dimes) between the threaded shaft and adapter you already have).
[MENTION=17979]brandonsmash[/MENTION] - I have the TriAx shifter and Steeda lockout collar. I have a Raceseng Ashiko and Orbature, both work. You can call Raceseng to ask about a 10mm spacer needed to get the knob to fit. I worked with them to get that figured out.
I really appreciate the input but the problem is that this is not the big bore version of the knob.
Short of milling or lathing out the bore, as brandonsmash said, it will not fit our the stock reverse lockout diameter.

Orbature for 15+ Mustang (Big Bore):
http://www.raceseng.com/orbature-shift-knob-ford-mustang-2015

Orbature for 11-14 Mustang (Non Big Bore aka Standard):
http://www.raceseng.com/orbature-shift-knob-ford-mustang-11-14
*This is what this knob is

This is also the correct adapter for this style as it installs a bit differently than the big bore model:
Adapeter pic from Raceseng:
https://smhttp-ssl-46021.nexcesscdn...27136e95/t/h/threaded-adapter-kit_1_1_1_1.jpg

Here are instructions for the 11-14 Mustang from American Muscle:
https://www.americanmuscle.com/brushed-ss-cylindrical-shiftknob-1114gtv6-manu-install.html

Again thanks for offering to help, I really appreciate it.
At this point I just want to make sure that if someone buys this they know what they're getting.

That's a bummer. I offered the previous seller a bit less than asking price and (obviously) didn't buy it, and have kind of been kicking myself about it as I really like the shape of this shift knob.

However, I have a Steeda reverse lockout collar (which is of similar size to stock) and it looks like this wouldn't have worked anyway. Then I'd be looking at milling or lathing out the bore, which would be difficult given that I'm not sure how I'd chuck the Delrin knob in the lathe jaws or the mill vise without marring it.

Bummer. I'm sorry you had to figure this out yourself!
It's for sure a great knob and I'm bummed it doesn't work without swapping for an aftermarket shifter.
I've got a Steeda lockout collar also, I just used the old stock one for the comparison pic lol.
I definitely wouldn't bother with milling/lathing this out as it would probably get marred like you said.

Last edited:

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
OHHHH, I totally missed it's not the big bore version. Totally my fault, yea, there is no way that will fit for our cars. If you know what cars use the standard bore size you might have an easier time selling that on ebay or craigslist. Whoever buys it could just contact Raceseng for the right adapter. Good luck with the sale!

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Well, [MENTION=17772]notstok5.0[/MENTION] , if you feel like selling your Orbature drop me a line and we'll maybe work something out. :)

For now I have an Anarchy Motive heavy ball and really, really like it. However it does get warm here in the Phoenix summers and I've been thinking about swapping shift knobs for the approaching summer so I don't have to stick a sock over my shifter until the cabin cools down.

I suppose another option would be to turn a custom reverse lockout collar to fit the ID of the this knob, but that would itself be a fair amount of work.