Sponsored

2018 Headers w/ active exhaust. First to film.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Here it is guys. 2018 Headers with active exhaust. First to film. Watch to the end!

Hey buddy

On your low power figure might be down to knock retard, in your first video I can hear what definitely sounds like something knocking on the underside of the car which sounds like metal on metal.

I heard it a few times in the video, but play it at 6:15 full volume and listen to the background noise carefully, at 6:25 you shift and it goes away. I also hear it at several other points in the video when your cruising.

It could be nothing, but it sounds to me like something is touching on the underside of the car. MY15-17 had two knock sensors and any kind of touching of metal to metal would set them off (false knock) and then retard timing. On the MY18 you have four knock sensors, they are now even more sensitive to any kind of metal on metal noise and if the noise I am hearing is the exhaust slightly touching somewhere, then you could be experiencing false knock which will reduce power.

Have you datalogged the car and reviewed the logs and checked your spark advance and knock sensors to see what you are getting?
Sponsored

OP
OP
svtfever

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Hey buddy

On your low power figure might be down to knock retard, in your first video I can hear what definitely sounds like something knocking on the underside of the car which sounds like metal on metal.

I heard it a few times in the video, but play it at 6:15 full volume and listen to the background noise carefully, at 6:25 you shift and it goes away. I also hear it at several other points in the video when your cruising.

It could be nothing, but it sounds to me like something is touching on the underside of the car. MY15-17 had two knock sensors and any kind of touching of metal to metal would set them off (false knock) and then retard timing. On the MY18 you have four knock sensors, they are now even more sensitive to any kind of metal on metal noise and if the noise I am hearing is the exhaust slightly touching somewhere, then you could be experiencing false knock which will reduce power.

Have you datalogged the car and reviewed the logs and checked your spark advance and knock sensors to see what you are getting?
I think this is the headers knocking on the ac line, i will get a pic.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I think this is the headers knocking on the ac line, i will get a pic.
Then that can definitely impact your dyno results buddy, car will be pulling spark as the header will be setting of the knock sensor creating a false knock situation.

Get that fixed and re-dyno. :)

It is very easy to see in a log, you knock sensor will go upto like +10 but your spark advance will be under 20 degrees which is clearly false knock.

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
30 HP gains sounds about right for a bundle of snakes, intake, and tune. Tuners are having a really hard time finding anything left on the table with the out of box tuning. That's why there was so much emphasis on E85 tuning right away. It just wants way more fuel. Tunes on 93 and a stock motor including stock intake were BARELY eeking out 8 - 10 peak RWHP. CAI replacements, even with bigger intake tubes are starting to be less effective. My guess is that the intakes are being very well matched to the intake manifolds in terms of velocity and volume combined.

Regardless, you're taking the right steps with talking to your tuner. While Lund is a competent guy, I wouldn't be very surprised if he or any of these tuners came back and said, that's all she wrote. Gotta go corn.
Sponsored