Will the GT500 Have a DCT

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah...you owe us after that “It roars with greater than 8/7 a Hellcat from 22 cups” comment...Bruh.

:p
It did does easily on the dyno...

I've yet to hear solidly if a manual is in or not. Heard both ways.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
It did does easily on the dyno...

I've yet to hear solidly if a manual is in or not. Heard both ways.
I might be ok with a DCT only GT500 if they continue with an improved GT350 that's manual. That way the GT350 is Fords top NA offering with a manual and the GT500 is the top FI offering with a DCT. I could certainly see a world where both can coexist like they did in the 60's.

I'm guessing the problem with the manual is the clutch protection strategy would significantly slow the car down for the sake of clutch longevity.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2nazty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500 & 2008 GT/CS Shelby clone
What makes you think that Ford wants to have the same transmission as the ZL1? To have the same exact performance metric? A manual is different IMO.
I don't want any part of a ZL1 in my GT500. Just sayin. I realize the things in a raptor (and IMO, it was just OK, not great), but unless just has to be, I'd prefer nothing that a ZL1 has in it, unless its superior to anything else. It seems that ford may think that the DCT is superior to the A10? We'll see.
Ford lead the development of the 10R80 which was based on the 6R80, so essentially it is Chevy using a Ford derived component in their car, not the other way around. The gear ratios and tuning in the ECU would be diffrent regardless. Personally I think they may offer the 10R80 as a option, it certainly would help the CAFE milage ratings

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I could see a DCT used in the future in a GT500, but I expect a beefed up A10 as an option with a manual as standard.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
I could see a DCT used in the future in a GT500, but I expect a beefed up A10 as an option with a manual as standard.
It’s a Tremec 7 speed DCT from the new Wixom plant, that’s a fact. Manual and A10 forget about that transmission, the DCT will be offered since the beggining and during the whole production run, as THE only option.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
It’s a Tremec 7 speed DCT from the new Wixom plant, that’s a fact. Manual and A10 forget about that transmission, the DCT will be offered since the beggining and during the whole production run, as an only option.
I would have at least liked the option. Oh well...

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Ford lead the development of the 10R80 which was based on the 6R80, so essentially it is Chevy using a Ford derived component in their car, not the other way around. The gear ratios and tuning in the ECU would be diffrent regardless. Personally I think they may offer the 10R80 as a option, it certainly would help the CAFE milage ratings
You sir are correct.Ford started the 10speed, then Garbage Motors came crying and wanted in on the action.Ford should have just done it themselves.:ford:

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
You sir are correct.Ford started the 10speed, then Garbage Motors came crying and wanted in on the action.Ford should have just done it themselves.:ford:
So... you mean that when GM started the 9speed (transversal) Ford came crying and wanted in on the action also? :doh:

The deal was pretty simple, design two "families/types" of transmissions; a 10 speed Auto for longitudinal applications (lead by Ford) and a 9 speed Auto for transversal applications (this 9 speed is the same "8 speed" that the new Ford have, however Ford decided to delete the ninth speed and leave it as a 8 speed auto because you now, it's "simpler" and cheaper).

If there is no option, then that is a huge mistake on Ford.
Well... a 7speed DCT GT500 and a 6speed Manual GT350 running at the same time.... it doesn't sound bad at all.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If there is no option, then that is a huge mistake on Ford.
How many transmission choices were there on the '93 Cobra/R model, the 2000 Cobra R, the '03/'04 Cobra, the '07 to '14 GT500, or the '15 to '18 GT350/R model cars?
Sponsored