Sponsored

DC emissions

kanga80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Gents,

Just moved to DC so at some point in the near future I will have to switch my registration from NC to DC.

My car has LT catted headers and a tune. Will it have any issues passing emissions?
Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Read your emissions monitors via a handheld device (i.e. nGuage or cheap OBDII reader from Amazon with an iPhone/Android application).

Chances are your tuner has the rear O2 sensors turned off in your tune. If that's the case, you will fail inspection. Ask your tuner for an "emissions tune," upload it, and then take it from there.

OP
OP

kanga80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Read your emissions monitors via a handheld device (i.e. nGuage or cheap OBDII reader from Amazon with an iPhone/Android application).

Chances are your tuner has the rear O2 sensors turned off in your tune. If that's the case, you will fail inspection. Ask your tuner for an "emissions tune," upload it, and then take it from there.
I got the tune from alejandro from VMP (back when he was with VMP), and asked for an emissions tune and non-emissions tune with rear O2 off, and he refused to turn my rear O2s off saying it was illegal to do so.

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I got the tune from alejandro from VMP (back when he was with VMP), and asked for an emissions tune and non-emissions tune with rear O2 off, and he refused to turn my rear O2s off saying it was illegal to do so.
So then I would assume your rear O2 sensors are turned on like they should be. Do you have a CEL or are you throwing any codes?
Sponsored