Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
My 17 uses virtually no oil.

Whenever i think if changing to an R, or now to a 19, I wonder what if I'm not as lucky next time.
Yea, good you have no issues. I was going to get an R, but decided I did not want those kind of payments, and I'm more than pleased with my purchase. I hope we both continue to be part of the lucky one's. Definitely gonna keep an eye out on the oil though......

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I was told by a reputable source (he was right about changes to the 18 block months before it was announced )that the GT 350 cylinder block had a revision of the oil galleys this march .
What drove the changes?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I was told by a reputable source (he was right about changes to the 18 block months before it was announced )that the GT 350 cylinder block had a revision of the oil galleys this march .
Revisions mean squat. In fact the may have changed virtually nothing. Reliable sources are like A-holes, every one's got one. SO! when the proof is in the pudding? to soon? I dont know about you guys but my childhood memories where destroyed (Fat Albert) because of Cosby lol

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
What drove the changes?
Dunno . I am just repeating what he told me . He rarely tells me anything but if you have the time (I don't . Lol) you can find my post with the information he gave me regarding the 18 GT block getting the plasma lining and dual injection long before it was announced by Ford .

I guess we will never know for sure as Ford is not going to ever "fess up " but my gut(and my guy) tells me they made some changes .

past15krpm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lighting Blue GT350
About to get my car back after over a month of being out of commission. Just wondering what Ford gave you guys for your troubles while the car was being fixed?

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
About to get my car back after over a month of being out of commission. Just wondering what Ford gave you guys for your troubles while the car was being fixed?
Ford pretty much told me it was all up to the dealership (which is bullshit) if they wanted to make you whole. I have made my complaint to both Ford and the GM of the dealership. Still awaiting GM's reply.

past15krpm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lighting Blue GT350
Ford pretty much told me it was all up to the dealership (which is bullshit) if they wanted to make you whole. I have made my complaint to both Ford and the GM of the dealership. Still awaiting GM's reply.
Do you get a loaner car while your car was being fixed? I am asking that because I did not take loaner car while my car was being fixed and Ford is willing to give me money since they would have paid me for a loaner.

I was also wondering if anyone got that and maybe extended warranty as well?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Dunno . I am just repeating what he told me . He rarely tells me anything but if you have the time (I don't . Lol) you can find my post with the information he gave me regarding the 18 GT block getting the plasma lining and dual injection long before it was announced by Ford .

I guess we will never know for sure as Ford is not going to ever "fess up " but my gut(and my guy) tells me they made some changes .
Yes they made changes to 18 GT coyote engine. What does that have to do with the voodoo? Some tech in the Coyote came from the voodoo and trinity before it. Some did not like direct injectiin

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Yes they made changes to 18 GT coyote engine. What does that have to do with the voodoo? Some tech in the Coyote came from the voodoo and trinity before it. Some did not like direct injectiin
He's saying that his source told him about the coyote changes before they were officially announced by Ford (and he has a post in the forum that would corroborate, if you care to search for it).

Therefore, when this same source also mentioned that they did make changes to the voodoo, it is likely accurate.

-T

MulhollandMonster

Laus Deo
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Do you get a loaner car while your car was being fixed? I am asking that because I did not take loaner car while my car was being fixed and Ford is willing to give me money since they would have paid me for a loaner.

I was also wondering if anyone got that and maybe extended warranty as well?
Got loaner covered by Ford warranty. One would be a fool, or a very rich one, to not get the Extended Warranty. I will request that be extended further, and perhaps throw in a maintenance package. My incident cost me 2 full days at the track and a tow service that dented/destroyed my hood. Did I mention I'm in a 5 week queue to get a CV boot replaced?

past15krpm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lighting Blue GT350
Got loaner covered by Ford warranty. One would be a fool, or a very rich one, to not get the Extended Warranty. I will request that be extended further, and perhaps throw in a maintenance package. My incident cost me 2 full days at the track and a tow service that dented/destroyed my hood. Did I mention I'm in a 5 week queue to get a CV boot replaced?
I feel your pain. This is the second time my car is at the dealer. First for oil line dripping oil and then for engine knock. I will push for extended warranty as well let's see what happens.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I find it impossible to measure the oil on this car so its hard to say how much I use.

Its funny how no where I park is level.

I am not sure why I am not worried, I have seem no evidence of a large rate of failures. Some portion of what we do hear about will be user error no matter how much they swear otherwise. Ill get an oil analysis done and go from there.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
He's saying that his source told him about the coyote changes before they were officially announced by Ford (and he has a post in the forum that would corroborate, if you care to search for it).

Therefore, when this same source also mentioned that they did make changes to the voodoo, it is likely accurate.

-T
AHHHHH! I misunderstood. Thank you for the clarification. Either way, updates for the coyote have been talked about way back in 2012. I remember all the chatter about the heads being future proofed for direct injection. Pretty sure it was on 6G. I am in the engineering field and a revision to a component can be any wear from hardware change to a redesign which would prompt a message for either a recall or a modification or something along the lines. So if their is a revision, it is not a big thing is my point. "You may be wrong for all I know But you may be right."