Sponsored

Lund tuning troubles

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
you could sell the ngauge and I fit gets bad enough it will be worth your aggravation. Rob is great and Ken at PBD will treat you right
By any chance, do you know if either Rob or Ken can write an emissions tune?
Sponsored

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
So AED or PBD? Hmm..

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
No joe I’m sorry I don’t know for sure , would have to contact them to find out for sure .

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Question about Alex

Got my tune back from Alex, I have an Auto Ecoboost, like the power delivery, but at times the shifts are super rough, asked him about it and he said that was normal. I feel like the car had to relearn after the tune, so it smoothed out some, but is that a normal response? Or is that a response of someone that doesn't want to smooth out the tune? Just curious from people's experience

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Got my tune back from Alex, I have an Auto Ecoboost, like the power delivery, but at times the shifts are super rough, asked him about it and he said that was normal. I feel like the car had to relearn after the tune, so it smoothed out some, but is that a normal response? Or is that a response of someone that doesn't want to smooth out the tune? Just curious from people's experience
I would assume the car shifting hard is a normal response. By uploading a new tune, you're completely changing how the car runs, shifts, drives, etc. It's my understanding that a tune would make an automatic shift faster and more aggressive than stock.

I'll wait for other automatic owners to chime in. I have an MT82.

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
How old are your O2 sensors, spark plugs, and MAF sensor? My guess is you have a bad MAF sensor.

OP
OP
Jay-rod427

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I had the exact same experience getting my initial tune, and they immediately softened them up for the daily tune. Shouldn't have been a problem. However there is some slight learning for the computer, but shouldn't be extreme. Greg did my initial tune, and revised for the softer shifting.

Last edited:

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not Lund tuned but am VMP, was Bama before that. My auto shifts hard/smooth on both.

OP
OP
Jay-rod427

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Shout out to the aforementioned John Nardi at Lund. He reached out to me to offer resolution. Lund jr, John Nardi, and Greg are the others I have worked with and they are class act.

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
My car is tuned by Alex F at Lund as well and he has done a great job on my tune and always gets them back in a timely fashion and answers any questions i have had. I previously had Dakota and he was spot on also.
I have no complaints about Lund.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Same here.

John ALWAYS has gotten back to me really quick. Helpful in trying to diagnose a glitch with something when my cruise control stopped working.

My tune has been spot on and data logging was reviewed the next day. John initially said 3-5 business days but it was back the next day.

Brandon did my tune and it’s been great!!

My car shifts hard and quick, much more noticeable in sport + though. I do get a hard shift when the car is cold for the first few shifts and under part throttle. Haven’t data logged that but just wrote it off to fluid thickness when cold. In normal mode when warm, shifts like stock - maybe a little harder but smooth.
Sponsored