Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I used to be excited...
Could always be worse though, waiting an extra 6 weeks sucks but there's people that can't even get one from their dealer for a reasonable price. I just got a message from a guy that ordered 3 weeks after ordering opened and his car hasn't even been scheduled yet, so with builds already scheduled into August he won't be getting his until late September at the earliest.
Sponsored

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Could always be worse though, waiting an extra 6 weeks sucks but there's people that can't even get one from their dealer for a reasonable price. I just got a message from a guy that ordered 3 weeks after ordering opened and his car hasn't even been scheduled yet, so with builds already scheduled into August he won't be getting his until late September at the earliest.
I know. It's just frustrating. Already had someone lined up to buy my current car and was looking at getting the bullitt wrapped and coated. Now it's more of a waiting game and hoping the buyer will hold out.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Got a VIN on Wednesday.
Should be here late August or early September

MustangAddict

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Platinum
Placed my order last week? 2019 Race Red, GT Premium, 401a, PP2, Recaros, B&O, enhanced security.
Order Placed: 6/5/2018 at 18:59 EDT Unscheduled-Clean/ In Order Processing

milo4753

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2009 f150, 1973 240 Z
I also got a vin # on Wednesday. Ordered 3/29/18, build date 8/6/18. Nothing shows on Cotus but the dealer gave me a printout. I had a stock order and a retail order number, the retail order got pulled first so we dropped the stock order.

Sponsored

Cornbinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Velocity Blue (460 HP) '78 Lincoln (460 CID

I must have got dumb lucky then (or they got sick of me whinning), as I got my VIN today, and it was only on Monday that my order was changed from a Bullitt to a GT Premium cpe. I was honestly expecting to have to go to the back of the line for scheduling, the car to arrive on the same day as the season's first blizzard. The only thing I can factor is that the order was sitting in the system (version Bullitt) since late March and it got plucked based solely on that (as both the Bullitt and the GT order had the same order number, priority code of 10, and dealer code). Another factor that may have helped is that I didn't order Magnaride.

What's confusing is the scheduled build date; to quote the dealer's email:
2019 Mustang GT order (#2469) was scheduled last night to be built estimated week 28 (five weeks from now).
Unless he meant July 28th, but that's a Saturday. As he was likely out on the lake fishing by the time I got home tonight, I have to otherwise have to guess unless someone from the Peanut Gallery here has run into that term internally at Ford.

At this point, I'm just glad that there's now light coming form the end of the tunnel...and it's coming from Mustang headlights.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I must have got dumb lucky then (or they got sick of me whinning), as I got my VIN today, and it was only on Monday that my order was changed from a Bullitt to a GT Premium cpe. I was honestly expecting to have to go to the back of the line for scheduling, the car to arrive on the same day as the season's first blizzard. The only thing I can factor is that the order was sitting in the system (version Bullitt) since late March and it got plucked based solely on that (as both the Bullitt and the GT order had the same order number, priority code of 10, and dealer code). Another factor that may have helped is that I didn't order Magnaride.

2019 Mustang GT order (#2469) was scheduled last night to be built estimated week 28 (five weeks from now).
Unless he meant July 28th, but that's a Saturday. As he was likely out on the lake fishing by the time I got home tonight, I have to otherwise have to guess unless someone from the Peanut Gallery here has run into that term internally at Ford.

At this point, I'm just glad that there's now light coming form the end of the tunnel...and it's coming from Mustang headlights.
Yeah, no idea what your dealer is talking about but since your order for the Bullitt was early and got converted I'm sure that's why it was pulled so soon.

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered - 2019 GT Premium

"Week 28" could be referring to the 28th week of the year, maybe. that'd be the week of July 9th though and that seems a little quick given others' recently received build weeks.

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
Your dealer has free allocations for the GT premium. The Bullitts are being schedule separately, it is priority based on your dealer. Sounds like you were stuck waiting for your dealer's turn to have its Bullitt allocated. Completely separate process than the GTs.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Seems like things are changing rapidly for me. I had a scheduled to build week of 8/6. Dealer tells me factory changed my priority from retail 10 to retail 1. Now I have a scheduled build day of 6/27.

I asked the dealer why and he said probably based on availability of commodities for my specific order. Probably magnaride as he said for the 2018 model year he hit pockets in production where he could not even order magneride due to supplier constraints.

I’m not sure if I like being in the first few weeks of production feeling like they can make their initial mistakes on some other car. But the 2019 is just a continuation of 2018 so on 6/17 they stop calling them 2018’s and on 6/8 the same car is called a 2019, so they should have the processes worked out. I should consider my self lucky to get magnaride before they experience commodity shortages like they did on the 2018’s.

Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered

Cornbinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Velocity Blue (460 HP) '78 Lincoln (460 CID
Your dealer has free allocations for the GT premium. The Bullitts are being schedule separately, it is priority based on your dealer. Sounds like you were stuck waiting for your dealer's turn to have its Bullitt allocated. Completely separate process than the GTs.

True, but we ordered a Bullitt when my dealer was told that he going to get one allocated to him in early March.

As I'm a free-lance writer, one of my fellow journalists has good contacts at Ford, and forwarded me this little tidbit that he gleaned from them:

We have allocated out the first 6 months of Bullitt production and starting early next year, we will open the allocation up to a first come first serve basis for dealers.

Sounds like if you didn't make the first round for 2019, it'll be a free-for-all (again) this winter to order one. Just as well that I converted my order to a 19 GT (I've already started shopping for tidbits).

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
FYI, Edmunds has the 2019 build and price up now. The only thing is, looks like they are still using $900 destination/delivery when Ford has raised this to $995. They also don't have a color sample for Velocity Blue (wouldn't you know).

Davestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Just got my first COTUS update - Yahoo! :)

17Grabber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
Placed an order today for a 19GT Premium 401A, auto, safe & sound, active exhaust, b&o play, performance pack, magneride. From what I’ve been reading looks like I’m in for a wait since I got the magneride.
Sponsored