Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
You already had CF wrapped covers and added the text decal correct?
Real CF covers from my sponsor [MENTION=15374]HCM Carbon[/MENTION] and I applied the high temp decal.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I bought V8 rumble today!

Yes I said it - I bought V8 rumble today! All legal as I got it from iTunes. Two sound bites:

1. Start up really loud with what sounds like a ghost cam.

2. The car doing a WOT pull from a roll.

I intend to start testing tomorrow on my way to Starbucks and there is nothing in the universe that can stop me! :lol: I think I should just bring the sound byte into my editor and cut out the starter and just loop the idle and slowly pull away. But we shall see. You do this with the windows down and volume right up.

Why am I doing this? Because I can! :lol:

Anyway I drove 5.0s for 18 years and never paid attention to V8 rumble. My last car had a LT1 motor in it with a tuned all stainless steel exhaust and I didn’t care. But now I have: V8 rumble.

I’m more interested in the pull file. To get sadisfaction from the V6 it has to be in sport mode and you really have to nail it. If the fake sound can’t beat it I will bin it. The V6 actually sounds ok at startup with the vapour clogged exhaust putting that magic of a 6 cylinder burble in the air. But we shall see as I might bin it all if it does not work. I heard an Ecoboost convertible playing the V8 when the guy hit the accelerator and it was impressive even if fake. The V6 has no sound track or sound tube so the engine sounds are the most honest. But if I had an Ecoboost I would replace those sound files with women groaning in orgasm as you hit the gas. Or a loud ripping fart every time you put the pedal to the metal! Great fun! Almost as much fun as playing “The Planet of the Apes Soundtrack” as you take some gal on a first date. They just give you this thousand yard stare straight ahead as they figure out an exit plan. Women who know me just say “really...” and change the music.

So that is what I did today...:D

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I am not even sure what you are talking about. Read your post twice... still confused as to all hell.

DeadLoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Yea what... the... fuck..

I do know the legalized weed in Canada. Maybe a celebration?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
?

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Maybe it is the fake v8 sound injector for cars that do not have a v8?

My best guess anyways.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
GT350 center dash gauges.

Goodbye useless vacuum gauge, hello useful oil temp gauge. :cheers:

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Just sittin' here waiting for the dealership to call me and tell me to come get my car.

New clutch and horn under warranty. Parts were due in yesterday, hopefully it will be done today.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yea what... the... fuck..

I do know the legalized weed in Canada. Maybe a celebration?
I thought it was legalized 5 years ago and this year they made it mandatory.

I take it he has sound files for a V8 idling, accelerating, etc. and somehow has things rigged to play them when he does those things (idle, accelerate) in his V6. But I have no idea how he syncs the sound to what he is doing. I mean for one thing a V8 sounds different depending on how much throttle it is getting. Plus how do you make the V8 shifts match when the V6 shifts?

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I am not even sure what you are talking about. Read your post twice... still confused as to all hell.

I’m going to play recorded V8 engine sounds in my V6 and see if people think it’s a V8. Then I’m going to try a half throttle pull with another V8 sound byte and see if that pull feels better with the canned V8 sound. Will come in handy if we end up with an electric Mustang. I have no idea if something that fake will work. But I’ll know in about an hour.
Sponsored