Sponsored

"Venom Kills Demons" - Jim Owens (Ford Performance Marketing Manager)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yeah, it is a pretty car tho and really, when it's all said and done performance will be overshadowed by even electrics one day. IMO timeless beauty is the most important factor in a car. you gotta enjoy driving it of course, but when you get out of it and look at it.... there has to be that 'whoa what a car' feeling, otherwise it won't last the test of time (kinda like marriage;))
TT, you can always call them once every month or two leading up to the GT500 reveal to know for certain, before pulling the trigger...whittling them down bit by bit:).
I'm waiting...unless I find a deal too good to pass up. If the ME or GT500 aren't what I'm after, the day after the NAIAS I'm buying 100% done deal.
Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
The new Wixom Tremec plant is gearing up to start producing DCT's in late 2018. They are still staffing and just beginning to bring in some equipment. They have a long way to go.
I wonder when the decision was made to equip the GT500 exclusively with the DCT, rather than use a manual or the A10.
Maybe the lack of availability of the DCT for certification and engine/driveline/calibration performance testing may be one factor involved in the perceived delay...?
Perhaps there already have been DCT mules/prototypes on the street waiting to be captured on video...looking forward to hearing the shifts!!

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm pretty sure that the Zedelgem Tremec facility can and has been producing development DCT units that allow all the testing Ford needs to do.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I have been talking to SA. Very close to pulling the trigger on an 18 wide body Super Snake. Have been trying my damnedest to hold out but don't see any damn light at the end of the tunnel! Waiting on either the GT500 or ME Vette was the plan but it looks like it would take almost two years to get either one acutely in the garage at this point. Been without a ride for to long now getting harder to hold out! Any thoughts?

DO IT!!!

The GT500 is likely to be the better driver's car (in terms of feedback and control - well, it had better be with 4 years of development!!!) but the '18 Super Snake rings my bell, especially in wide body form. I know they are silly expensive, but potentially similar $$ once you add in the potential dealer markups on the GT500. I'll take mine with the 10-speed auto.......and black wheels!

I mean, just look at it :love:
2018 Super Snake 2.jpg
2018 Super Snake 5.jpg
2018 Super Snake 7.jpg

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Will guys I may be crazy but I started the build process on a 2018 SS wide body today. They are searching for my base Mustang in the database. If that doesn't work we will have to order one. Excited and nauseous at the same time. Also they are seeing 800hp out of the 18 with a new whippe SC. So that sounds fun! I'll keep you guys posted as I know more.

P.S. You guy can thank me later' as I'm sure the new GT500 will break cover any second now! Murphy's law! LOL

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Will guys I may be crazy but I started the build process on a 2018 SS wide body today. They are searching for my base Mustang in the database. If that doesn't work we will have to order one. Excited and nauseous at the same time. Also they are seeing 800hp out of the 18 with a new whippe SC. So that sounds fun! I'll keep you guys posted as I know more.

P.S. You guy can thank me later' as I'm sure the new GT500 will break cover any second now! Murphy's law! LOL
congrats what color option are you getting?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
blue looks good. I think this looks better than the GT500 mock ups

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Went back n forth between race red and lightning blue. They are seeing what is available in both colors. My son is dead set on race red so most likely end up with that. Spec is premium
401a, PP, magnaride, shaker sound. Heated/cooled seats, no center stripe, polished wheels.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
DO IT!!!
I mean, just look at it :love:
^^^^it certainly is a sexy beast :thumbsup:
Yeah,......that is pretty hot!! I do like it.

That's awesome man!
Good luck and keep us posted.

blue looks good. I think this looks better than the GT500 mock ups
I will agree with that!

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Went back n forth between race red and lightning blue. They are seeing what is available in both colors. My son is dead set on race red so most likely end up with that. Spec is premium
401a, PP, magnaride, shaker sound. Heated/cooled seats, no center stripe, polished wheels.

Congrats! I'm hugely jealous!!!

If you could, I'd love to see you create a new thread specific to your procurement and build process. If you haven't spoken to him yet, Chris Ruby at SA is a great guy and posts weekly "around the shop" updates on Facebook. I'm sure he'd document your build via regular photos, if you asked :)

Did I mention I'm jealous? :D

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have been talking to SA. Very close to pulling the trigger on an 18 wide body Super Snake. Have been trying my damnedest to hold out but don't see any damn light at the end of the tunnel! Waiting on either the GT500 or ME Vette was the plan but it looks like it would take almost two years to get either one acutely in the garage at this point. Been without a ride for to long now getting harder to hold out! Any thoughts?
My thoughts: get a supercharged SN95 or something like that that you can pick up for $7k or so just to hold you over until the beast actually comes. The Super Snake is kinda cool looking, and its fast in a straight line, but that's about it. I don't trust that Shelby American did anything substantially different with this car than they did with the 15-17 SS, and that car was absolutely hated by reviewers. Too much power, too little everywhere else. Patience is a virtue

Edit: Just read that you're pulling the trigger. Don't mean to rain on your parade, it's a good looking car, and I'm sure you'll have fun with it! I just think it's severely overpriced for what you get out of it (And for what it'll be worth down the road)

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
That Super Snake is as beautiful as it is overpriced (IMO). I'd love to be in your position where you can get one though... hahahaha, I love the looks of that Shelby, congrats!