An invitation from Gotti to all R owners

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A friend reached out to me and asked me to extend an invitation to all R owners to preview amazing content of GT350R's and Ford GT's on his Instagram page. Gotti, who has helped many of us with our R builds is a fellow enthusiast who shares our interests and passion.

Follow him on Instagram @leo5mani.

Here are a few teaser shots he sent my way.

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg
Sponsored

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Does he have YouTube channel or something?

My emotions are mixed on the Ford GT...I can't get excited about a car that I will probably never see. Also, what's the performance numbers on this thing? the only actual testing comparison I've seen so far is the infamous "ZR1 took the GT's lap record at VIR."

Not trying to be a dick, but Ford has kept the GT too close under wraps. You rarely see anyone out driving it or enjoying it (besides Jay Leno)I have a better chance of seeing other rare exotic cars than this thing. For the money i'd rather buy the ZR1.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Normally I'd be interested, but I don't own an R :shrug:

I think what he was saying was that most of the content is of R's and GT's. If that interests you, jump in. Wasn't meant to be exclusionary.

Sorry if it came across that way.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Now that's just too cool - always nice to have a guy inside to give a glimpse behind the scenes... at least as much as he can within company rules.

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Hey Tom

Did he ever get the OW base R he was seeking? Based on the recent production numbers for MY17, there were only 54 base Rs (was surprised that there were 10 more base Rs in MY16, and considering the nearly double 942 Rs in MY17) and only 12 in OW. I have one of those 12. He helped me out and would like to see him get one. :D

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I think what he was saying was that most of the content is of R's and GT's. If that interests you, jump in. Wasn't meant to be exclusionary.

Sorry if it came across that way.
No worries, I'm just giving ya a hard time :coolphotos:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Theres a pic with him standing next to an R without a spoiler, is that an option now for the R?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Looks like the cars in the picture aren't finished. None have spoilers and the one he's beside doesn't have stripes on the decklid either.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the cars in the picture aren't finished. None have spoilers and the one he's beside doesn't have stripes on the decklid either.
The Avalanche Grey car where he is standing behind it with a Ford license plate is mine. That car in that photo just rolled off the line and was awaiting its turn at the mod shop. The mod shop is where stripes, wing, and wheels are installed.

Yes, a lot of photos in his collection are insider shots of cars that are in various stages of production. He has a lot of interesting stuff. I hope you all enjoy them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hey Tom

Did he ever get the OW base R he was seeking? Based on the recent production numbers for MY17, there were only 54 base Rs (was surprised that there were 10 more base Rs in MY16, and considering the nearly double 942 Rs in MY17) and only 12 in OW. I have one of those 12. He helped me out and would like to see him get one. :D
Nope, he never did. He refused to pay any ADM and I cant blame him. Now, unless he buys used, it will never happen. Ford has stopped all base R production unless you are able to obtain a waiver.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Does he have YouTube channel or something?

My emotions are mixed on the Ford GT...I can't get excited about a car that I will probably never see. Also, what's the performance numbers on this thing? the only actual testing comparison I've seen so far is the infamous "ZR1 took the GT's lap record at VIR."

Not trying to be a dick, but Ford has kept the GT too close under wraps. You rarely see anyone out driving it or enjoying it (besides Jay Leno)I have a better chance of seeing other rare exotic cars than this thing. For the money i'd rather buy the ZR1.
The ZR1 sounds better, runs faster and you can buy 4 of them for the same price. All in different colors instead of the ugly Avalanche Gray.

czaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manuals and DCT
Sorry to hear you never got your Base R Gotti. It will happen...

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
He is a good guy. Get together with him occasionally. The vid of the black R on his Instagram is of my R. Inside info is hard and tricky to come by and talk about. Iam upper management at ford and know quite a few top managers at Flat rock. I can get info but also don't want to throw away 25 years. :thumbsup:
Sponsored