Sponsored

2018 GT failure, engine getting opened up..

OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
With past new models Ford has prevented the local dealerships from opening up the motors. They have at times requested the engine be removed, crated, and sent back to Ford for engineering forensics. Either way lets hope they just give you a new motor off the line if for no other reason than for timeliness sake.

Seems like there always is an issue with the first few months of any new design/component
I'd be happy with that to speed it along ..
Sponsored

rayban1

Rayban1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium Guard
wondering what dealer in Wa you are dealing with......Hope it gets fixed soon and right.....

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
lol, I am sure!

I knew it was a risk, too, though. early production car, new engine configuration ... rollin the dice
I wouldn’t worry. Ford will get you squared away. Did the dealership at least give you a nice loaner?

OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
wondering what dealer in Wa you are dealing with......Hope it gets fixed soon and right.....
epic ford. I bought from kirkland, but epic is closer to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
I wouldn’t worry. Ford will get you squared away. Did the dealership at least give you a nice loaner?
a base f150 with no options haha : P

it'll get me around at least.

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Street
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
Hope they can get you back on the road quickly. Such a nice looking car...good thing it looks fast even sitting still.

I've been worried about my 2018 GT..the fan likes to turn on after I shut the car off and it's cold here. Not even driven hard...yet. My 2015 never did this. Guess we will see, hopefully not an issue.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Hope they can get you back on the road quickly. Such a nice looking car...good thing it looks fast even sitting still.

I've been worried about my 2018 GT..the fan likes to turn on after I shut the car off and it's cold here. Not even driven hard...yet. My 2015 never did this. Guess we will see, hopefully not an issue.
Pretty common. Better than it not turning on at all.

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT

Yeah my is bone stock and does the same thing sometimes. It turns off after a few minutes too.

Although mine makes grinding/clunking sounds when shifting and that's not quite normal.

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Yeah my is bone stock and does the same thing sometimes. It turns off after a few minutes too.

Although mine makes grinding/clunking sounds when shifting and that's not quite normal.
Damn, I would get that checked out.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have an early preproduction 18 and i'm not modding a thing for a while
Just stick to suspension/chassis, which are well known at this point and nearly unchanged.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Op gave an update on Facebook!!

“Got an update on my car finally, took a couple weeks. A valve snapped. Welded itself to the Piston after mashing itself between the Piston and head .. lol. Joy.”

Question, do you get a new motor from Ford or a rebuild?

OP
OP

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
time will tell, I'm not sure what my options will be. I sorta just got an email saying "hey, quick update before the weekend, your engine is f'ed, k bye". I imagine it'll get figured out next week. there are a list of scenarios I have imagined and a rebuilt engine is NOT one of the acceptable ones.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Op gave an update on Facebook!!

“Got an update on my car finally, took a couple weeks. A valve snapped. Welded itself to the Piston after mashing itself between the Piston and head ...
We're seeing a number of '18's being thrashed at the strip with no issues, let's just hope this is a one in a million occurrence.

Good luck to the OP ...
Sponsored