Which transmission to replace MT82

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
where are you guys grabbing the MGW from?
Just order direct from [MENTION=10681]MGW[/MENTION]. You won't be disappointed. And if you happen to need any support after the sale, George and his crew are amazing!
Sponsored

codegrinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OW PP GT (lemon buy back) 2018 Charger Hellcat
Just order direct from [MENTION=10681]MGW[/MENTION]. You won't be disappointed. And if you happen to need any support after the sale, George and his crew are amazing!
Any idea if it comes with a knob?

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Also, if the shifter/fluid change doesnt "fix" the transmission for you, Ben Calimer can tinker with your MT82 at different levels. He's even about to release a new "stage" with th gforce gearset. Supposedly able to handle what a built tr6060 can.

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GTP PP
First change the fluid, then get an MGW or Barton and report back.
Fluid will definitely help (once it's warmed up) and a good shifter. I'm running a Barton hybrid 3 flat stick and could not be happier.
^^This. I run royal purple and the Barton hybrid flat stick and also could not be happier.

Sponsored

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Race Red No Options
Also, if the shifter/fluid change doesnt "fix" the transmission for you, Ben Calimer can tinker with your MT82 at different levels. He's even about to release a new "stage" with th gforce gearset. Supposedly able to handle what a built tr6060 can.
Was this on his FB (sorry mines blocked right now)? I'd be interested in that.

Frenchy480

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt pp shadow black
I have a 2016 mustang gt pp and I did the bg synchroshift fluid and barton hybrid 3, trans mounted, at 10000 miles. Im at 14000 and its running really smooth, no issues like before. Minimal clunking on occasion but never locked out anymore. Went with the Barton to keep the reverse lockout because my wife drives the car and that's what she's used to. Feels like it should've came this was from the factory. Also did the steeda clutch pedal spring, which was a great improvement too.

OP
OP

bl4d3runn3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blu Fury
Hello again,

my clutch smells burned if I drive the car a little harder, not too hard. So I was thinking about exchanging the clutch too.

Which clutch can you guys recommend for street daily driving use and which flywheel.

I plan to exchange the trans fluid with syncro shift, to exchange the clutch and to install a barton shifter. Is there anything else I could do to eliminate the clunking noises the stock MT82 makes? Should I replace throwout bearings too? I want a perfect transmission, I want to spend max $2000.

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This is definitely interesting. Anyone know about what a gearset and install generally costs?

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Steeda clutch springs helps a lot too. Now I can actually feel the clutch engagement point.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I'm planning on an RST dual disc when mine goes out. Already have the flywheel.

revtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
My MT82 is behind a V6 but BG fluid, Boomba short stick, Boomba shifter bracket really made the difference for me. Also this trans does not like to shift at low RPMs. At least mine does not. Got no choice when its cold but once warmed up and shifting at or above 3k is much smoother than shifting at 2k or less. You really have to get used to it. But I have to say its worlds better than the T5 in my S197.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
My MT82 is behind a V6 but BG fluid, Boomba short stick, Boomba shifter bracket really made the difference for me. Also this trans does not like to shift at low RPMs. At least mine does not. Got no choice when its cold but once warmed up and shifting at or above 3k is much smoother than shifting at 2k or less. You really have to get used to it. But I have to say its worlds better than the T5 in my S197.
Same here.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase